Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Compressor for 80psi bus tyres, painting etc

Which compressor shall I buy?

Main job is to pump up my old bus tyres to 80psi ish,
the cheap aldi compressor only goes up to 40.

Another job is possible paint spraying in the house.

It's only for occasional use so need not be bomb proof.

The cheapest at screwfix £90 is this one:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/impax-om2...ails_container

[george]
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/20 14:21, George Miles wrote:
Which compressor shall I buy?

Main job is to pump up my old bus tyres to 80psi ish,
the cheap aldi compressor only goes up to 40.

Another job is possible paint spraying in the house.

It's only for occasional use so need not be bomb proof.

The cheapest at screwfix £90 is this one:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/impax-om2...ails_container

[george]

Several of the electric pumps here are said to do at least 100psi.
https://www.argos.co.uk/search/tyre-inflator/?clickOrigin=searchbar:home:auto:tyre+in:tyre+infl ator

How accurate they are, and whether or not they would be ok for paint
spraying I couldn't say.

--

Jeff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/01/2020 14:59, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 29/01/20 14:21, George Miles wrote:
Which compressor shall I buy?

Main job is to pump up my old bus tyres to 80psi ish,
the cheap aldi compressor only goes up to 40.

Another job is possible paint spraying in the house.

It's only for occasional use so need not be bomb proof.

The cheapest at screwfix £90 is this one:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/impax-om2...ails_container

[george]

Several of the electric pumps here are said to do at least 100psi.
https://www.argos.co.uk/search/tyre-inflator/?clickOrigin=searchbar:home:auto:tyre+in:tyre+infl ator

How accurate they are, and whether or not they would be ok for paint
spraying I couldn't say.

If you want to carry it around on the bus, Google for something like
Ring heavy duty, and buy a separate gauge. The "car" sized ones will be
too slow and may overheat.

If you are thinking about spray painting, you need something with a
reservoir like the screwfix. What size reservoir depends on the sort of
size stuff you are spraying. Still wise to have a separate tyre gauge.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

George Miles wrote:
Which compressor shall I buy?

Main job is to pump up my old bus tyres to 80psi ish,
the cheap aldi compressor only goes up to 40.

Another job is possible paint spraying in the house.

It's only for occasional use so need not be bomb proof.

The cheapest at screwfix £90 is this one:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/impax-om2...ails_container

[george]

Does the bus have an air braking system?
If it does and the compressor fills the tank above 80psi then it might be
easier to tap your tyre air from that rather than spend out on an electric
compressor.

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
George Miles wrote:
Which compressor shall I buy?

Main job is to pump up my old bus tyres to 80psi ish,
the cheap aldi compressor only goes up to 40.

Another job is possible paint spraying in the house.

It's only for occasional use so need not be bomb proof.

One size fits all may not be ideal, unless you have lots of money.
Inflating tyres to a high pressure can be different to having enough air
flow for spraying. For example, my battery tyre compressor goes up to well
over 100 psi. But would be useless for spraying.

--
*Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

OT(ish) 12V compressor vs. 240V compressor for tyres David UK diy 15 January 11th 15 12:17 PM
Isolating neutral bus from ground bus stryped[_3_] Metalworking 13 December 4th 09 03:34 AM
Bathtub, surround quandry...acrylic, fiberglass, Swanstone, Veritek, etc.etc.etc. [email protected] Home Repair 3 July 13th 07 08:32 AM
OT? Trailer tyres .. T i m UK diy 6 April 23rd 07 09:36 PM
Digger tyres question Rick UK diy 13 April 14th 05 09:13 PM