Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Burglar alarm problem

On Tuesday, 28 January 2020 21:50:43 UTC, Tim+ wrote:
ARW wrote:
On 28/01/2020 14:06, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 27 January 2020 20:40:41 UTC, ARW wrote:

Why replace the battery in the main panel?

The OP wants the alarm to NOT to work.

On an old system with dead batteries all he need do is turn the mains to
it off. Obviously the OP doesn't have the engineer codes. Some folk are
just trying to make life hard here.

So simple.

No ladders, no ear defenders, no effort.

Brilliant.

If youre a gambling man. I do hope the OP lets us know how long the
sounder runs. ;-)

Tim

On a 1995 battery I'd be shocked if it ran at all

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
JoeJoe wrote:
From the advice given here I am inclined to not attempt to disconnect
the system from the mains and the battery myself in case it goes off.

Just turn off the mains to it. Stand outside your house with the door open
looking sheepish if the bell box sounds on its own. It won't for long.

If it doesn't go off when you remove the mains, it says the panel battery
still has some charge.

--
*Remember, no-one is listening until you fart.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Burglar alarm problem F[_2_] UK diy 30 March 19th 17 12:23 PM
Connecting smoke alarm to burglar alarm robgraham UK diy 6 November 30th 10 10:00 AM
Faulty Burglar Alarm Billy N UK diy 3 November 6th 03 10:23 PM
Burglar Alarm Neil UK diy 33 July 27th 03 12:02 PM
Burglar Alarm Manuals Stephen Jones UK diy 0 July 17th 03 01:43 AM