Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Acctim 71837 Higton Sound

I purchased one on these clock through Amazon. When It arrived I was
impressed, it looked good ans substantial. Sadly in use it was less than
satisfactory, the light was so strong that at night is dazzled. I cannot
see anyway to dim the light, does anyone know of a similar clock with a
much dimmer light please?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
I purchased one on these clock through Amazon. When It arrived I was
impressed, it looked good ans substantial. Sadly in use it was less than
satisfactory, the light was so strong that at night is dazzled. I cannot
see anyway to dim the light, does anyone know of a similar clock with a
much dimmer light please?

put a piece of lighting gel over the front. That's what I did with a
different clock to dim it down.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I've never heard of this, but from past experience it seems many displays go
dim all too quickly.
Luckily I now use a touch talking clock and or an echo dot for the bedroom.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Broadback" wrote in message
I purchased one on these clock through Amazon. When It arrived I was
impressed, it looked good ans substantial. Sadly in use it was less than
satisfactory, the light was so strong that at night is dazzled. I cannot
see anyway to dim the light, does anyone know of a similar clock with a
much dimmer light please?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Related but OT. We have an Echo Dot that displays the time along the edge. In daylight the display is quite bright but at night it auto dims presumably so not to irritate. However, I would prefer it bright as I am not affected by LEDs at night and would prefer to see the time rather than squinting or putting my glasses on. Does anyone know what you have to tell Alexa? All instructions so far have been dutifully ignored and I cannot find a setting the Alexa app.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Forget the previous post I was looking at the wrong Echo Dot in the Alexa app. I found the solution by switching off adaptive brightness and it has done the trick!

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

Luckily I now use a touch talking clock and or an echo dot for the
bedroom.

I prefer a google home mini in the bedroom. More
base so its easier to hear further away. The echo dot
can be a bit quiet unless you are right next to it.

And the google is trivial to setup with what you do
regularly when getting up like the weather forecast etc.

Much more convenient to not even have to turn over
to look at the clock etc. Likely doesn’t work as well with
shared bedrooms tho.

"Broadback" wrote in message
I purchased one on these clock through Amazon. When It arrived I was
impressed, it looked good ans substantial. Sadly in use it was less than
satisfactory, the light was so strong that at night is dazzled. I cannot
see anyway to dim the light, does anyone know of a similar clock with a
much dimmer light please?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

Does anyone remember those clocks that projected the time on the ceiling?

Yeah, still around I tried a couple before
finding stuff like the google home mini
much better. But I spose a projector clock
might work better with shared bedrooms.

"charles" wrote in message
In article ,
Broadback wrote:
I purchased one on these clock through Amazon. When It arrived I was
impressed, it looked good ans substantial. Sadly in use it was less than
satisfactory, the light was so strong that at night is dazzled. I cannot
see anyway to dim the light, does anyone know of a similar clock with a
much dimmer light please?

put a piece of lighting gel over the front. That's what I did with a
different clock to dim it down.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Tue, 7 Jan 2020 07:20:36 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Does anyone remember those clocks that projected the time on the ceiling?

Yeah, still around

Nobody asked YOU, senile Ozzie pest!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 7 Jan 2020 07:18:49 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Luckily I now use a touch talking clock and or an echo dot for the
bedroom.

I prefer a google home mini

NOBODY gives a ****, you obnoxious lonely senile Ozzie pest! tsk

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/01/2020 16:13, Broadback wrote:
I purchased one on these clock through Amazon. When It arrived I was
impressed, it looked good ans substantial. Sadly in use it was less than
satisfactory, the light was so strong that at night is dazzled. I cannot
see anyway to dim the light, does anyone know of a similar clock with a
much dimmer light please?

Sleep wearing welding goggles.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 07 Jan 2020 02:10:10 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

On 06/01/2020 16:13, Broadback wrote:
I purchased one on these clock through Amazon. When It arrived I was
impressed, it looked good ans substantial. Sadly in use it was less
than satisfactory, the light was so strong that at night is dazzled. I
cannot see anyway to dim the light, does anyone know of a similar clock
with a much dimmer light please?

Sleep wearing welding goggles.

The phone on the bedside table has three bright indicator lights. It is
on my right as I lie there.

I can lie on my left and not have problems because it's behind me. Or lie
on my right and not have problems because my right eye is buried in the
pillow, and I don't have a left eye.