Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 75 Ohm, RG59, clamp type plugs.

HNY2ALL.

I'm looking for a few BNC clamp type [1] cable mounted plugs for RG59
Co-Ax cable (CCTV use) but have only found them in 50 off so far. I
could go for that (it's only 25 'cables') but I really don't need that
many.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/bnc-connectors/5464881A/

Anyone know where I can get say singles or a pack of 10 at a
comparable price please?

Cheers, T i m

[1] I used the nut / clamp type BNC plugs when installing a complete
thin Ethernet LAN (8 segments, ~35 machines) and in all the time it
was running I didn't have a single issue when making or running such
connections 'ever', so would like to use the same on my CCTV stuff.

I also like them because:

They are easier to make a neat connection, with no braid hanging out.
You get a 100% electrical connection on the core as it's soldered on.
It's easier to assemble correctly / reliably.
Because it's soldered on, it can be de-soldered and re used (so better
for the environment, more flexible, cheaper in the long run).
The outer sheath is clamped firmly with the rubber gland.

p.s. I still have a fair bit of Belden 'shotgun' cable from my
satellite TV days:
https://catalog.belden.com/techdata/...5_techdata.pdf
OK for 4k/8MP CCTV?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I'm looking for a few BNC clamp type [1] cable mounted plugs for RG59
Co-Ax cable (CCTV use) but have only found them in 50 off so far. I
could go for that (it's only 25 'cables') but I really don't need that
many.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/bnc-connectors/5464881A/

Anyone know where I can get say singles or a pack of 10 at a
comparable price please?

Ebay is always my choice for small quantities.

--
*Learn from your parents' mistakes - use birth control.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 01 Jan 2020 13:49:27 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I'm looking for a few BNC clamp type [1] cable mounted plugs for RG59
Co-Ax cable (CCTV use) but have only found them in 50 off so far. I
could go for that (it's only 25 'cables') but I really don't need that
many.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/bnc-connectors/5464881A/

Anyone know where I can get say singles or a pack of 10 at a
comparable price please?

Ebay is always my choice for small quantities.

As is mine Dave but on my search earlier I didn't spot any (only crimp
ones at anything like a comparable price. I since have). ;-)

Not *always* the best prices though ... ;-(
eBay item number:153706723083

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , T i m
writes
On Wed, 01 Jan 2020 13:49:27 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I'm looking for a few BNC clamp type [1] cable mounted plugs for RG59
Co-Ax cable (CCTV use) but have only found them in 50 off so far. I
could go for that (it's only 25 'cables') but I really don't need that
many.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/bnc-connectors/5464881A/

Anyone know where I can get say singles or a pack of 10 at a
comparable price please?

Ebay is always my choice for small quantities.

As is mine Dave but on my search earlier I didn't spot any (only crimp
ones at anything like a comparable price. I since have). ;-)

Not *always* the best prices though ... ;-(
eBay item number:153706723083

Cheers, T i m

Unlike most other connectors, 50 ohm connectors are mechanically
completely mateable with 75 ohm connectors. The only difference is that
there's more dielectric, and this makes them a bit more capacitive. They
are probably more commonly available than 75 ohm, and you might be able
to get them in smaller quantities. Unless you need them for something
approaching 1000+MHz, you'll never notice the difference.
--
Ian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 1 Jan 2020 23:11:06 +0000, Ian Jackson
wrote:

In message , T i m
writes
On Wed, 01 Jan 2020 13:49:27 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I'm looking for a few BNC clamp type [1] cable mounted plugs for RG59
Co-Ax cable (CCTV use) but have only found them in 50 off so far. I
could go for that (it's only 25 'cables') but I really don't need that
many.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/bnc-connectors/5464881A/

Anyone know where I can get say singles or a pack of 10 at a
comparable price please?

Ebay is always my choice for small quantities.

As is mine Dave but on my search earlier I didn't spot any (only crimp
ones at anything like a comparable price. I since have). ;-)

Not *always* the best prices though ... ;-(
eBay item number:153706723083

Unlike most other connectors, 50 ohm connectors are mechanically
completely mateable with 75 ohm connectors.

Understood and strange that, now you come to mention it.

The only difference is that
there's more dielectric, and this makes them a bit more capacitive.

Ok.

They
are probably more commonly available than 75 ohm, and you might be able
to get them in smaller quantities.

I might even have some. ;-)

Unless you need them for something
approaching 1000+MHz, you'll never notice the difference.

I hope to have some 75 Ohm connectors on the way now Ian but if I do
happen to come across my old thin Ethernet ones (and assuming RG59
cable will go into the 'nut' of a connector designed for RG58) I can
give them a try, especially for patch / test cables.

Cheers, T i m