Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default 75 Ohm, RG59, clamp type plugs.

HNY2ALL.

I'm looking for a few BNC clamp type [1] cable mounted plugs for RG59
Co-Ax cable (CCTV use) but have only found them in 50 off so far. I
could go for that (it's only 25 'cables') but I really don't need that
many.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/bnc-connectors/5464881A/

Anyone know where I can get say singles or a pack of 10 at a
comparable price please?

Cheers, T i m

[1] I used the nut / clamp type BNC plugs when installing a complete
thin Ethernet LAN (8 segments, ~35 machines) and in all the time it
was running I didn't have a single issue when making or running such
connections 'ever', so would like to use the same on my CCTV stuff.

I also like them because:

They are easier to make a neat connection, with no braid hanging out.
You get a 100% electrical connection on the core as it's soldered on.
It's easier to assemble correctly / reliably.
Because it's soldered on, it can be de-soldered and re used (so better
for the environment, more flexible, cheaper in the long run).
The outer sheath is clamped firmly with the rubber gland.

p.s. I still have a fair bit of Belden 'shotgun' cable from my
satellite TV days:
https://catalog.belden.com/techdata/...5_techdata.pdf
OK for 4k/8MP CCTV?