Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_9_] Ian Jackson[_9_] is offline

Default 75 Ohm, RG59, clamp type plugs.

In message , T i m
writes
On Wed, 01 Jan 2020 13:49:27 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
I'm looking for a few BNC clamp type [1] cable mounted plugs for RG59
Co-Ax cable (CCTV use) but have only found them in 50 off so far. I
could go for that (it's only 25 'cables') but I really don't need that
many.

https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/bnc-connectors/5464881A/

Anyone know where I can get say singles or a pack of 10 at a
comparable price please?

Ebay is always my choice for small quantities.

As is mine Dave but on my search earlier I didn't spot any (only crimp
ones at anything like a comparable price. I since have). ;-)

Not *always* the best prices though ... ;-(
eBay item number:153706723083

Cheers, T i m

Unlike most other connectors, 50 ohm connectors are mechanically
completely mateable with 75 ohm connectors. The only difference is that
there's more dielectric, and this makes them a bit more capacitive. They
are probably more commonly available than 75 ohm, and you might be able
to get them in smaller quantities. Unless you need them for something
approaching 1000+MHz, you'll never notice the difference.
--
Ian