Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default How to get rid of rotten egg smell

Hello everyone a rotten egg was broken in my living room & I don't know how to get rid of that smell?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/12/2019 12:54, wrote:
Hello everyone a rotten egg was broken in my living room & I don't know how to get rid of that smell?

matches ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/12/2019 13:02, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Thu, 26 Dec 2019 04:54:55 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Hello everyone a rotten egg was broken in my living room & I don't know how to get rid of that smell?

Introduce a worse one?

Like Febreze :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 26 December 2019 12:54:58 UTC, wrote:

Hello everyone a rotten egg was broken in my living room & I don't know how to get rid of that smell?

Presumably you want cleaning suggestions but don't say what it fell onto.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Vinigar?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
Hello everyone a rotten egg was broken in my living room & I don't know
how to get rid of that smell?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

That just then pongs of something else surely? The big question, is what was
it broken onto. I had good results using vinegar on carpets, but real wool
ones are harder to treat as their fibres are porous.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andrew" wrote in message
On 26/12/2019 12:54,
wrote:
Hello everyone a rotten egg was broken in my living room & I don't know
how to get rid of that smell?

matches ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

That is fine several hours afterwards, but it tends to land on soft
furnishings making them a bit sticky till it evaporates.
Seriously, one of thus plug in air fresheners can help, but often you
either get used to the smell or it fades with time. How often have you gone
into a house and immediately know they have a dog? That wet dog or lanolin
smell is often not noticed after some weeks.
Brian

--
----- --

wrote:

Hello everyone a rotten egg was broken in my living room & I don't know
how to get rid of that smell?

Introduce a worse one?

Like Febreze :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

That is fine several hours afterwards, but it tends to land on soft
furnishings making them a bit sticky till it evaporates.
Seriously, one of thus plug in air fresheners can help, but often you
either get used to the smell or it fades with time. How often have you gone
into a house and immediately know they have a dog? That wet dog or lanolin
smell is often not noticed after some weeks.

If the smell is H2S you *do* stop smelling it after a while. Just before
you die.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Or the dog has rolled in some fox poo, possibly even
worse. Except that the dog can sleep in the garage.

Andrew

Yeah, you have not lived till a fox sprays in your hallway.
Yuck.
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
o.uk...
That is fine several hours afterwards, but it tends to land on soft
furnishings making them a bit sticky till it evaporates.
Seriously, one of thus plug in air fresheners can help, but often you
either get used to the smell or it fades with time. How often have you
gone
into a house and immediately know they have a dog? That wet dog or
lanolin
smell is often not noticed after some weeks.

If the smell is H2S you *do* stop smelling it after a while. Just before
you die.

But a single rotten egg broken has never killed anyone.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Sat, 28 Dec 2019 08:11:34 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Our "heavy-weight bull****ter", senile Rodent, "struck" again! LOL

--
More senile "wisdom" from Australian bull**** artist, senile Rodent:
"Some things are much harder to do than others."