Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rotten egg smell in bedroom

Just to follow the subject, I've got something the same in the kitchen.
Sometimes. Does smell like drains to me. The kitchen drain goes into the
main drainage via a u bend outside which has a drain above it for the
patio. So smells can't really come up via that. I have an outside loo in
the corner where the smell is most obvious - when it happens - but check
there is water in the u bend. It's not much used apart from in the summer.
Next door had an outside loo which backs onto mine - but had the toilet
removed and their boiler fitted in there. The builders who did all this
were related to The Lone Ranger...

I wondered just how well they capped things up after removing the loo -
but next door say they haven't got a problem.

--
*Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message ...
[...]

I used to visit a house weekly as part of my job and often I got a whiff of what I thought
was a smell of a drain by the front door. It turned out to be a leaking gas pipe.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave-UK wrote:

[...]

No gas pipe nearby. It's very definitely most obvious in one corner of the
room. And I'm pretty confident about the condition of my gas pipes. ;-)

--
*Rehab is for quitters

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave-UK wrote:

[...]

I was thinking more of next door, who had a (gas?) boiler fitted, in their
outside loo which backs onto yours where the smell is strongest.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave-UK wrote:
No gas pipe nearby. It's very definitely most obvious in one corner
of the room. And I'm pretty confident about the condition of my gas
pipes. ;-)

I was thinking more of next door, who had a (gas?) boiler fitted, in
their outside loo which backs onto yours where the smell is strongest.

My thinking is it's a bit intermittent for that. And smells more like a
sewer than gas.

--
*Why do the two "sanction"s (noun and verb) mean opposites?*