Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Merry Christmas to all on the group

As subject line.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/12/2019 09:37, Scott wrote:
As subject line.

humbug
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 09:38:28 +0000, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

On 25/12/2019 09:37, Scott wrote:
As subject line.

humbug

+1 ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Well there has to be something more positive than that to say.
The world in the main is better than it was a few years ago, the Government
are all on holiday.

erm,, maybe you are right!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Scott" wrote in message
As subject line.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, December 25, 2019 at 10:01:58 AM UTC, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
Well there has to be something more positive than that to say.
The world in the main is better than it was a few years ago, the Government
are all on holiday.

erm,, maybe you are right!
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Scott" wrote in message
As subject line.

Merry Christmas
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 25 December 2019 09:37:19 UTC, Scott wrote:
As subject line.

Are 7 tinned curries the oddest present in the group, or can someone top that?

(I'm not complaining - I quite like a tinned curry occasionally.)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , T i m
writes
wrote:

On 25/12/2019 09:37, Scott wrote:
As subject line.

humbug

+1 ;-)

+ several more. Christmas is a difficult time for me as I have a
co-incident birthday and would prefer to not be reminded.

Anyway, it is a nice sunny day and I am sure I can find something useful
to do.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 10:48:12 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

Christmas is a difficult time for me as I have a co-incident birthday
and would prefer to not be reminded.

It's my birthday today too (80) and I don't mind the fuss.
Best wishes to all.

--
TOJ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/12/2019 11:08, The Other John wrote:
On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 10:48:12 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

Christmas is a difficult time for me as I have a co-incident birthday
and would prefer to not be reminded.

It's my birthday today too (80) and I don't mind the fuss.
Best wishes to all.

Many happy returns to the both of you. Maybe you two should get together
and hang out on the 10th April next year?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 11:33:55 +0000, Richard wrote:

Many happy returns to the both of you. Maybe you two should get together
and hang out on the 10th April next year?

What's the significance of 10th April?

--
TOJ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/12/2019 12:03, The Other John wrote:
On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 11:33:55 +0000, Richard wrote:

Many happy returns to the both of you. Maybe you two should get together
and hang out on the 10th April next year?

What's the significance of 10th April?

Start of the marketing season for Christmas 2020.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 25 December 2019 12:17:46 UTC, ARW wrote:
gf's lad got a bedroom door...............

and a box of tissues?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 25 December 2019 12:28:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
Some poor sucker has to fit it.

Make her a nice cuppa when she's finished.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Richard
writes
On 25/12/2019 11:08, The Other John wrote:
On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 10:48:12 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

Christmas is a difficult time for me as I have a co-incident
birthday
and would prefer to not be reminded.

It's my birthday today too (80) and I don't mind the fuss.
Best wishes to all.

Many happy returns to the both of you. Maybe you two should get
together and hang out on the 10th April next year?

Something happening on the 10th?

Replacing a fluorescent tube, standing on top of a wobbly access
platform this morning, I was reminded that age brings infirmity as well
as wisdom:-)

My sister had an August birthday, party and presents. Mine were rolled
into Christmas:-(

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/12/2019 12:34, Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Richard
writes
On 25/12/2019 11:08, The Other John wrote:
On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 10:48:12 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

Christmas is a difficult time for me as I have a co-incident birthday
and would prefer to not be reminded.
Â*It's my birthday today too (80) and I don't mind the fuss.
Best wishes to all.

Many happy returns to the both of you. Maybe you two should get
together and hang out on the 10th April next year?

Something happening on the 10th?

Replacing a fluorescent tube, standing on top of a wobbly access
platform this morning, I was reminded that age brings infirmity as well
as wisdom:-)

My sister had an August birthday, party and presents. Mine were rolled
into Christmas:-(

I can see why that would make you CROSS.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote

I feel its not been the best Christmas
for the high street this year either.

Stiff **** for them. They get to get
with what people find useful or die.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim Lamb" wrote in message
In message , Richard
writes
On 25/12/2019 11:08, The Other John wrote:
On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 10:48:12 +0000, Tim Lamb wrote:

Christmas is a difficult time for me as I have a co-incident birthday
and would prefer to not be reminded.
It's my birthday today too (80) and I don't mind the fuss.
Best wishes to all.

Many happy returns to the both of you. Maybe you two should get together
and hang out on the 10th April next year?

Something happening on the 10th?

Replacing a fluorescent tube, standing on top of a wobbly access platform
this morning, I was reminded that age brings infirmity as well as
wisdom:-)

My sister had an August birthday, party and presents. Mine were rolled
into Christmas:-(

You should have chosen your parents more carefully.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I was sitting in a hospital waiting room on Christmas Eve when a woman across the room received a call from her daughter, how I knew was because she switched on the speaker. I was then treated to a long discussion which sort of underpants her husband would like for his Christmas present. He sitting right next to her decided he wanted €œswimming trunk€ type. The vision of an old fat git in a pair of Speedos stayed with me for the rest of the day and the incredulity that these people thought such a conversation was appropriate to be made public!

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 25 December 2019 10:25:03 UTC, wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 December 2019 09:37:19 UTC, Scott wrote:
As subject line.

Are 7 tinned curries the oddest present in the group, or can someone top that?

(I'm not complaining - I quite like a tinned curry occasionally.)

Owain

what sort of tinned curry is more than merely edible?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 25 December 2019 21:13:45 UTC, wrote:
what sort of tinned curry is more than merely edible?

Apparently the m&S ones are quite nice, although I haven't tasted any recently.

Anyway, I didn't suggest they were the gourmet meal of the month, just quite nice occasionally.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Dec 2019 09:37:15 +0000, Scott
wrote:

As subject line.

A bit late to the party but, same from here

Nick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 25 December 2019 22:01:50 UTC, wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 December 2019 21:13:45 UTC, tabby wrote:

what sort of tinned curry is more than merely edible?

Apparently the m&S ones are quite nice, although I haven't tasted any recently.

Anyway, I didn't suggest they were the gourmet meal of the month, just quite nice occasionally.

Owain

Merry xmas everyone.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes

Buying a 16 year old a bedroom door for a joke Christmas present really
annoys them.

Our lad came home from uni on Saturday, and on Monday mentioned the one
annoyance of his flat is no bread knife. Guess what I nipped out for on
Christmas Eve :-) He was quite grateful, though.

Hope you all had a good Christmas Day (yes, including you, Tim), and are
enjoying the bliss of a relaxing Boxing Day, when the only pressure is
remembering to chuck a few spuds in the oven, to serve with the mounds
of cold leftovers from yesterday.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/12/2019 09:38, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 25/12/2019 09:37, Scott wrote:
As subject line.

humbug

Werthers ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It was nice sunny day at Calshot in Hampshire yesterday.

I wish I had taken my Pentax LX and some slide film but made
to with an ancient Caplio GX8.

Suprisingly, the Red Funnel ferry was running to and from the
Isle of Wight even on Xmas day.

On the way back some of the overhead gantries along the M27
were saying 'Salt Spreading'. Spreading where ?. Oozing off the
embankments ?. No sign of any gritter lorries though. I think
they were just frightening people into slowing down, but
most of the M27 around Portsmouth and Southampton have average
speed cameras set to 50mph anyway ('Smart' motorway upgrade).

Andrew

On 25/12/2019 10:03, Brian Gaff (Sofa) wrote:
I feel its not been the best Christmas for the high street this year either.
Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 26/12/2019 11:46, Graeme wrote:
In message , ARW
writes

Buying a 16 year old a bedroom door for a joke Christmas present
really annoys them.

Our lad came home from uni on Saturday, and on Monday mentioned the one
annoyance of his flat is no bread knife.Â* Guess what I nipped out for on
Christmas Eve :-)Â* He was quite grateful, though.

Will he fetch it back at Easter for it washing?

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Dec 2019 12:02:46 +0000, Andrew
wrote:

It was nice sunny day at Calshot in Hampshire yesterday.

I wish I had taken my Pentax LX and some slide film but made
to with an ancient Caplio GX8.

I didn't know you could still buy slide film.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 26 Dec 2019 11:46:41 +0000, Graeme wrote:

In message , ARW
writes

Buying a 16 year old a bedroom door for a joke Christmas present really
annoys them.

Our lad came home from uni on Saturday, and on Monday mentioned the one
annoyance of his flat is no bread knife. Guess what I nipped out for on
Christmas Eve :-) He was quite grateful, though.

Hope you all had a good Christmas Day (yes, including you, Tim), and are
enjoying the bliss of a relaxing Boxing Day, when the only pressure is
remembering to chuck a few spuds in the oven, to serve with the mounds
of cold leftovers from yesterday.

We had a great Christmas dinner. SWMBO thought so too. Number 1 son
cooked it again!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 25/12/2019 22:01, wrote:
On Wednesday, 25 December 2019 21:13:45 UTC, wrote:
what sort of tinned curry is more than merely edible?

Apparently the m&S ones are quite nice, although I haven't tasted any recently.

Apparently some of the readers of as certain newspaper cannot tell the
difference between tinned or fresh food.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-new...would-10298086

Enjoy the curries. I also occasionally have them. The Aldi ones are not
bad - especially when you are working out in the cold.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

It was nice sunny day at Calshot in Hampshire yesterday.

I wish I had taken my Pentax LX and some slide film but made
to with an ancient Caplio GX8.

I didn't know you could still buy slide film.

https://analoguewonderland.co.uk/pro...colour-iso-100

and

http://www.e6processing.co.uk/fuji-film-sales.html

But I still have a stash, in the freezer along with spare
batteries.

Isn't that what freezers are for ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , ARW
writes
On 26/12/2019 11:46, Graeme wrote:
Our lad came home from uni on Saturday, and on Monday mentioned the
one annoyance of his flat is no bread knife.* Guess what I nipped out
for on Christmas Eve :-)* He was quite grateful, though.

Will he fetch it back at Easter for it washing?

****. I doubt it - there would have been no room in his huge case this
time, it was so stuffed with manky dirty clothes that probably haven't
seen a washing machine since he last came home. I bet he could take his
sheets off the bed and prop them up against the wall :-)
--
Graeme