Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Multi saw tip/hack

Anyone tried this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ure=emb_l ogo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/12/2019 21:44, ss wrote:

Anyone tried this?

nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ure=emb_l ogo

Now sure that "saw blade" sums up what it is. ISTM that there are only a
limited set of applications where that will be useful.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/12/2019 09:24, John Rumm wrote:
On 18/12/2019 21:44, ss wrote:

Anyone tried this?

nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ure=emb_l ogo

Now sure that "saw blade" sums up what it is. ISTM that there are only a
limited set of applications where that will be useful.

+1.

Maybe a theatrical set builder would find it useful.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/12/2019 14:23, newshound wrote:
On 19/12/2019 09:24, John Rumm wrote:
On 18/12/2019 21:44, ss wrote:

Anyone tried this?

nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ure=emb_l ogo

Now sure that "saw blade" sums up what it is. ISTM that there are only
a limited set of applications where that will be useful.

+1.

Maybe a theatrical set builder would find it useful.

I found standard hacksaw blades work wonderfully in my reciprocating
Sabre saw. The hole for the lug on the handsaw frame locates perfectly
in the Sabre saw.

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/12/2019 14:49, Muddymike wrote:
On 20/12/2019 14:23, newshound wrote:
On 19/12/2019 09:24, John Rumm wrote:
On 18/12/2019 21:44, ss wrote:

Anyone tried this?

nope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ure=emb_l ogo

Now sure that "saw blade" sums up what it is. ISTM that there are
only a limited set of applications where that will be useful.

+1.

Maybe a theatrical set builder would find it useful.

I found standard hacksaw blades work wonderfully in my reciprocating
Sabre saw. The hole for the lug on the handsaw frame locates perfectly
in the Sabre saw.

Mike

Hadn't realised that. Though sabre saw blades have a "step" on them to
stop the blade pivoting around the drive hole under load. Maybe the
clamp holds hacksaw blades OK too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

ss wrote:
Anyone tried this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ure=emb_l ogo

A lot may already know of it but a couple of large jubilee clips clamped
around the blade of a
reciprocating saw and the can makes short work of shaking a rattle can of
paint, a lot less tiring and it ensures the paint is mixed really well
especially if it is an oldish can with contents well settled.
I keep an old blade with the points blunted with an angle grinder and with
some insulation tape wrapped around it make it a little more grippy for the
purpose.

PS , Make sure the can nozzle is firm or take it off as it may fly off into
the black hole that most workplaces have that ensure small components
disappear into another dimension.

GH