Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default sour grapes

--

"When constituencies are small their elected representatives must concern themselves with
the local interests of their constituents. When political representatives are distant and
faceless, on the other hand, and represent vast numbers of unknown constituents, they
represent not their constituents, but special interest groups whose lobbyists are numerous
and ever present. Typically in Europe a technocrat is an ex-politician or a civil servant.
He is unelected, virtually impossible to dislodge during his term of employment and has
been granted extensive executive and even legislative power without popular mandate and
without being directly answerable to the people whose interests he falsely purports to
represent."

- Sir James Goldsmith (Member of the European Parliament) 1933 - 1997

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harry wrote:

Cursitor Doom wrote:
Sir James Goldsmith (Member of the European Parliament) 1933 - 1997

1933????????????

Yes

http://www.sirjamesgoldsmith.com/timeline

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harry" wrote in message
[...]

That's when je was born, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Auto-contradicting Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 13:25:35 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

- Sir James Goldsmith (Member of the European Parliament) 1933 - 1997

1933????????????

That's when je was born, stupid.

So, HOW do you "know", senile trolling asshole from Oz? It might just be a
typo. Or DID you know Goldsmith's birthdate, you "all-knowing" senile pest?

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07:52 16 Dec 2019, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)" wrote:

I see Zack lost his seat.
Brian

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

No because they all trusted Boris.
I'm reminded of the old Eric Morcombe line.
This boys a fool.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Pamela" wrote in message
On 07:52 16 Dec 2019, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)" wrote:

I see Zack lost his seat.
Brian

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff (Sofa 2) wrote

No because they all trusted Boris.

That’s not how the FPP voting system works.

"Pamela" wrote in message
On 07:52 16 Dec 2019, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)" wrote:

I see Zack lost his seat.
Brian

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 04:51:15 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH Ozzie troll's usual troll****

04:51 in Australia today? Did you "sleep in" today, you abnormal senile
cretin? LOL

cretin from Oz:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/12/2019 13:56, Pamela wrote:
On 07:52 16 Dec 2019, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)" wrote:

I see Zack lost his seat.
Brian

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

Didn't all those "remain" MPs that changed parties or stood as
independents lose their seats?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18:00 16 Dec 2019, alan_m wrote:
On 16/12/2019 13:56, Pamela wrote:
On 07:52 16 Dec 2019, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)" wrote:

I see Zack lost his seat.
Brian

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

Didn't all those "remain" MPs that changed parties or stood as
independents lose their seats?

I don't think they were standing for BXP or UKIP.

As I recall Farage was going to make the government quake from the massive
popular mandate he expected the BXP to get in the election.

With each passing month Farage's stature shrinks. I used to like him but he
pushes his luck too far.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 16/12/2019 13:56, Pamela wrote:
On 07:52 16 Dec 2019, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)" wrote:

I see Zack lost his seat.
Brian

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

Didn't all those "remain" MPs that changed parties or stood as
independents lose their seats?

Yep, every single one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 05:51:52 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Didn't all those "remain" MPs that changed parties or stood as
independents lose their seats?

Yep, every single one.

Not a SINGLE ONE talked to you, you senile troll!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Pamela wrote:

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

You don't think BXP had zero influence though, do you?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Pamela wrote:

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

You don't think BXP had zero influence though, do you?

Its far from clear that the votes they did get
was the reason that Labour did so badly or
that LD didnt do any better than they did.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/12/2019 18:10, Pamela wrote:
On 18:00 16 Dec 2019, alan_m wrote:
On 16/12/2019 13:56, Pamela wrote:
On 07:52 16 Dec 2019, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)" wrote:

I see Zack lost his seat.
Brian

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

Didn't all those "remain" MPs that changed parties or stood as
independents lose their seats?

I don't think they were standing for BXP or UKIP.

As I recall Farage was going to make the government quake from the massive
popular mandate he expected the BXP to get in the election.

He stood down candidates from seats where the Conservatives had a good
chance of winning, so as not to split the vote, so he was hardly trying
to make the government quake.

SteveW
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
On 16/12/2019 18:10, Pamela wrote:
On 18:00 16 Dec 2019, alan_m wrote:
On 16/12/2019 13:56, Pamela wrote:
On 07:52 16 Dec 2019, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)" wrote:

I see Zack lost his seat.
Brian

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

Didn't all those "remain" MPs that changed parties or stood as
independents lose their seats?

I don't think they were standing for BXP or UKIP.

As I recall Farage was going to make the government quake from the
massive
popular mandate he expected the BXP to get in the election.

He stood down candidates from seats where the Conservatives had a good
chance of winning,

Nope, where they held that seat already.

so as not to split the vote,

But did split the vote in seats the Torys could have won.

so he was hardly trying to make the government quake.

True

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 09:36:22 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

He stood down candidates from seats where the Conservatives had a good
chance of winning,

Nope

In auto-contradicting mode again, you clinically insane senile idiot? LOL

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/12/2019 22:36, Rod Speed wrote:

But did split the vote in seats the Torys could have won.

Debatable, a lot of disillusioned Labour voters wouldn't vote
Conservative under any circumstances but a vote for the BREXIT party may
attract those votes and let the Conservative candidate win without
having to increase their percentage vote from last time.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote
Rod Speed wrote

But did split the vote in seats the Torys could have won.

Debatable,

Yep, no obvious analysis of the final vote count that I can find.

a lot of disillusioned Labour voters wouldn't vote
Conservative under any circumstances but a vote
for the BREXIT party may attract those votes

Yes, but without a brexit party candidate standing
those would likely not bother to vote. Its very far
from clear that Farage prancing around their seats
made them consider not voting for Labour at all.

and let the Conservative candidate win without having
to increase their percentage vote from last time.

Yes, but see above.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 12:54:30 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Yes, but see above.

He'll see, above, and everywhere else, what a blithering senile bull****
artist you are, you trolling pest from Oz!

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22:18 16 Dec 2019, Steve Walker wrote:

On 16/12/2019 18:10, Pamela wrote:
On 18:00 16 Dec 2019, alan_m wrote:
On 16/12/2019 13:56, Pamela wrote:
On 07:52 16 Dec 2019, "Brian Gaff \(Sofa 2\)" wrote:

I see Zack lost his seat.
Brian

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

Didn't all those "remain" MPs that changed parties or stood as
independents lose their seats?

I don't think they were standing for BXP or UKIP.

As I recall Farage was going to make the government quake from the massive
popular mandate he expected the BXP to get in the election.

He stood down candidates from seats where the Conservatives had a good
chance of winning, so as not to split the vote, so he was hardly trying
to make the government quake.

SteveW

Farage was forced to stand down half his candidates in exchange for nothing
at all. Boris made it clear he didn't want to agree anything with Farage.

The other half of Farage's candidates who stood got nowhere.

Farage wasn't happy with Boris's Brexit deal and tried to harden it but now
it's possible Boris may actually soften it to meet his own deadlines.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20:23 16 Dec 2019, Andy Burns wrote:
Pamela wrote:

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

You don't think BXP had zero influence though, do you?

Boris called Farage's bluff and refused to side with the BXP in the
election. Boris went for all-or-nothing and got it all.

Now he has such a majority that for the next 5 years the ERG and the BXP
will have significantly less influence than under Theresa May.

Boris is at heart a moderate and I suspect he presented a faux hardline
stance on Brexit to mainly satisfy his electoral ambitions.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 00:02 17 Dec 2019, alan_m wrote:

On 16/12/2019 22:36, Rod Speed wrote:

But did split the vote in seats the Torys could have won.

Debatable, a lot of disillusioned Labour voters wouldn't vote
Conservative under any circumstances but a vote for the BREXIT party may
attract those votes and let the Conservative candidate win without
having to increase their percentage vote from last time.

Seems the BXP didn't split the Tory vote but took votes from Labour and
LbDems according to Farage who has been saying the BXP "killed the Liberal
Democrats and hurt the Labour Party".

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Pamela wrote:
With each passing month Farage's stature shrinks. I used to like him
but he pushes his luck too far.

Thought most thinking people saw Farage for the chancer he was from the
start?

Odd isn't it? Corbyn was very good at 'rabble rousing' a crowd. As was
Farage. One gets demonised, the other hero worshipped.

--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 22:18:22 +0000, Steve Walker
wrote:

He stood down candidates from seats where the Conservatives had a good
chance of winning, so as not to split the vote, so he was hardly trying
to make the government quake.

As a BP backer and policy advisor I admit to being a bit taken aback
when Nigel made that announcement with only minimal consultation.
However, clearly in retrospect it was absolutely the right decision.
It's easy to overlook Nigel's contribution to "getting Brexit done"
and I hope - and indeed expect - that one day this noble sacrifice on
his part will be suitably and generously rewarded. Boris owes him
big-time now.
--

"When constituencies are small their elected representatives must concern themselves with
the local interests of their constituents. When political representatives are distant and
faceless, on the other hand, and represent vast numbers of unknown constituents, they
represent not their constituents, but special interest groups whose lobbyists are numerous
and ever present. Typically in Europe a technocrat is an ex-politician or a civil servant.
He is unelected, virtually impossible to dislodge during his term of employment and has
been granted extensive executive and even legislative power without popular mandate and
without being directly answerable to the people whose interests he falsely purports to
represent."

- Sir James Goldsmith (Member of the European Parliament) 1933 - 1997
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Pamela" wrote in message
[...]

He chose to do that, he wasn’t forced to do that.

in exchange for nothing
at all. Boris made it clear he didn't want to agree anything with Farage.

The other half of Farage's candidates who stood got nowhere.

Farage wasn't happy with Boris's Brexit deal and tried to harden it but
now
it's possible Boris may actually soften it to meet his own deadlines.

In fact he has already announced that he will harden it with no extension
to the time to reach a new trade agreement.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

He stood down candidates from seats where the Conservatives had a good
chance of winning, so as not to split the vote, so he was hardly trying
to make the government quake.

As a BP backer and policy advisor I admit to being a bit taken aback
when Nigel made that announcement with only minimal consultation.
However, clearly in retrospect it was absolutely the right decision.

Yes, It would have been stupid to split the leaver vote.

It's easy to overlook Nigel's contribution to "getting Brexit done"
and I hope - and indeed expect - that one day this noble sacrifice on
his part will be suitably and generously rewarded. Boris owes him
big-time now.

Its far from clear that standing in non Tory held seats did affect the
result at all.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 16 Dec 2019 20:23:48 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Pamela wrote:

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

You don't think BXP had zero influence though, do you?

LOL! It's pretty clear Pammy doesn't think AT ALL. :-D
The lessons of the outcome of this election have gone right over the
head of a lot of the regulars here. They'll never, ever learn. Dumb as
a box of rocks the lot of 'em! :-D
--

"When constituencies are small their elected representatives must concern themselves with
the local interests of their constituents. When political representatives are distant and
faceless, on the other hand, and represent vast numbers of unknown constituents, they
represent not their constituents, but special interest groups whose lobbyists are numerous
and ever present. Typically in Europe a technocrat is an ex-politician or a civil servant.
He is unelected, virtually impossible to dislodge during his term of employment and has
been granted extensive executive and even legislative power without popular mandate and
without being directly answerable to the people whose interests he falsely purports to
represent."

- Sir James Goldsmith (Member of the European Parliament) 1933 - 1997

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Pamela wrote:

I see the Brexit party and UKIP didn't get a single seat.

You don't think BXP had zero influence though, do you?

LOL! It's pretty clear Pammy doesn't think AT ALL. :-D

That is characteristic of most of the remoan/left supporters.

That is why they need the BBC/Guardian/EU to do their thinking for them
and then tell them what to believe

The lessons of the outcome of this election have gone right over the
head of a lot of the regulars here. They'll never, ever learn. Dumb as
a box of rocks the lot of 'em! :-D

Yup.

--
"Nature does not give up the winter because people dislike the cold."

ۥ Confucius
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 18 Dec 2019 07:50:40 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Its far from clear that standing in non Tory held seats did affect the
result at all.

It's VERY clear that you are a trolling senile cretin from Australia and
that all this here is absolutely NONE of yours!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19:12 17 Dec 2019, Cursitor Doom wrote:

As a BP backer and policy advisor I admit to being a bit taken aback
when Nigel made that announcement with only minimal consultation.

However, clearly in retrospect it was absolutely the right decision.
It's easy to overlook Nigel's contribution to "getting Brexit done"
and I hope - and indeed expect - that one day this noble sacrifice on
his part will be suitably and generously rewarded.

That post wins the Nigel Farage brown nose award.

Boris owes him big-time now.

Farage tried to shaft Boris by standing over 600 candidates. Boris shafted
Nigel back by conceding nothing and then going on to win the day.

Nigel - 0
Boris - 365
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 22:57:53 GMT, Pamela
wrote:

Farage tried to shaft Boris by standing over 600 candidates. Boris shafted
Nigel back by conceding nothing and then going on to win the day.

You completely fail to understand the necessarily unspoken
pre-election agreement between Nigel and Boris. Failure to grasp
things that to others are self-evident is one of your key personality
flaws, as you perpetually and regularly demonstrate here.
--

"When constituencies are small their elected representatives must concern themselves with
the local interests of their constituents. When political representatives are distant and
faceless, on the other hand, and represent vast numbers of unknown constituents, they
represent not their constituents, but special interest groups whose lobbyists are numerous
and ever present. Typically in Europe a technocrat is an ex-politician or a civil servant.
He is unelected, virtually impossible to dislodge during his term of employment and has
been granted extensive executive and even legislative power without popular mandate and
without being directly answerable to the people whose interests he falsely purports to
represent."

- Sir James Goldsmith (Member of the European Parliament) 1933 - 1997
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 17 Dec 2019 21:48:14 +0000, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

That is characteristic of most of the remoan/left supporters.

It is indeed. You'd have thought once it became clear that all the MPs
who stood on the Remoaner platform had lost their seats and careers as
a result, that lessons would have been learned. The fact that many of
these damn fools who believe they know what's best for everyone are
still sticking to the same line in spite of the voters' emphatically
damning verdict tells us all we need to know about their reasoning
abilities and broader mental health (or lack thereof). :-/