Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BT Internet

I got a flyer advertising a good deal. Fine except when I try to do a
speed check I have to log in, they ask for data (BT numbers etc) which I
do not have. How can I overcome this? their help system Is of not help
whatsoever! :-))
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/11/2019 10:28, Broadback wrote:
I got a flyer advertising a good deal. Fine except when I try to do a
speed check I have to log in, they ask for data (BT numbers etc) which I
do not have. How can I overcome this? their help system Is of not help
whatsoever! :-))

I guess if you don't have a BT line (or any POTS line) you can't have BT
Internet.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

It happens that Broadback formulated :
I got a flyer advertising a good deal. Fine except when I try to do a speed
check I have to log in, they ask for data (BT numbers etc) which I do not
have. How can I overcome this? their help system Is of not help whatsoever!
:-)

How can you test line speed, if you don't have a line?

They can tell you the likely speed you can achieve, based on your
address and choice of broadband type - fibre, copper or FTTC.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/11/2019 10:28, Broadback wrote:
I got a flyer advertising a good deal. Fine except when I try to do a
speed check I have to log in, they ask for data (BT numbers etc) which I
do not have. How can I overcome this? their help system Is of not help
whatsoever! :-))

Can you not just enter an address?
There is a Black Friday sale.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I suspect you need a bt line already. If not I'm sure the price will sort of
grow.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Broadback" wrote in message
I got a flyer advertising a good deal. Fine except when I try to do a speed
check I have to log in, they ask for data (BT numbers etc) which I do not
have. How can I overcome this? their help system Is of not help whatsoever!
:-))

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/11/2019 12:18, Michael Chare wrote:
On 27/11/2019 10:28, Broadback wrote:
I got a flyer advertising a good deal. Fine except when I try to do a
speed check I have to log in, they ask for data (BT numbers etc) which
I do not have. How can I overcome this? their help system Is of not
help whatsoever! :-))

Can you not just enter an address?
There is a Black Friday sale.

I have a BT line, supplied by Plusnet. However I decided in the end to
phone BT and they have resolved it.,
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 27 Nov 2019 10:28:28 +0000, Broadback wrote:

I got a flyer advertising a good deal. Fine except when I try to do a
speed check I have to log in, they ask for data (BT numbers etc) which I
do not have. How can I overcome this? their help system Is of not help
whatsoever! :-))

I've had that - it's about a 2 quid a month more than staying where I am
https://www.directsavetelecom.co.uk/...nd-option1.php
£22.95. Does use TT's servers, but that means my e-mail addresses still
work.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away
Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 27 November 2019 10:28:33 UTC, Broadback wrote:
I got a flyer advertising a good deal. Fine except when I try to do a
speed check I have to log in, they ask for data (BT numbers etc) which I
do not have. How can I overcome this? their help system Is of not help
whatsoever! :-))

Having recently had our availability changed (from ADSL only to FTTP) - the *only* site that updated immediately was BT OpenReach's own site.

Most ISPs didn't know.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Broadback
writes
On 27/11/2019 12:18, Michael Chare wrote:
On 27/11/2019 10:28, Broadback wrote:
I got a flyer advertising a good deal. Fine except when I try to do
a speed check I have to log in, they ask for data (BT numbers etc)
which I do not have. How can I overcome this? their help system Is
of not help whatsoever! :-))

Can you not just enter an address?
There is a Black Friday sale.

I have a BT line, supplied by Plusnet.

Which is owned by BT
However I decided in the end to phone BT and they have resolved it.,

--
bert

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
I have a BT line, supplied by Plusnet.

They installed it, did they?

--
*Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/11/2019 15:54, polygonum_on_google wrote:
On Wednesday, 27 November 2019 10:28:33 UTC, Broadback wrote:
I got a flyer advertising a good deal. Fine except when I try to do a
speed check I have to log in, they ask for data (BT numbers etc) which I
do not have. How can I overcome this? their help system Is of not help
whatsoever! :-))

Having recently had our availability changed (from ADSL only to FTTP) - the *only* site that updated immediately was BT OpenReach's own site.

Most ISPs didn't know.

Well I went for BT in the end. Not a happy experience, I swapped my
mobile at the same time. The old supplier quickly disconnected it,
whereas I am still awaiting for the SIM from BT, result no mobile
connection! As regards the internet time will tell, it is supposed to be
moving on the 12th, I will see!