Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Is the AA normally this bad?

I applied to join the AA breakdown on the 10th of this month. I received
no communication from them, apart from a reply to my complaint, which
itself had not be followed up. The money was taken from my account
today, is this normal from them? If so how good is their recovery? Am I
able to cancel and receive a full refund, I have not used it to date.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2019 14:02, Broadback wrote:
I applied to join the AA breakdown on the 10th of this month. I received
no communication from them, apart from a reply to my complaint, which
itself had not be followed up. The money was taken from my account
today, is this normal from them? If so how good is their recovery? Am I
able to cancel and receive a full refund, I have not used it to date.

I've used them twice and both times they were extremely efficient. They
won't cover my motorhome though. Apparently it's too heavy.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 14:02:50 +0000, Broadback wrote:

I applied to join the AA breakdown on the 10th of this month. I received
no communication from them, apart from a reply to my complaint, which
itself had not be followed up. The money was taken from my account
today, is this normal from them?

How did you apply, online via their site or via a reseller outside a
supermarket or via an insurance company or WHY? I can imagine
anything not directly with them will take a while to process,
expecially if there is any discounts involved. "Process" ie wait
until any penaltly free refund period for the goods/services
associated with the application has expired.

If so how good is their recovery?

The times I've used them it's been a good service. Never had a
roadside fix, bit difficult to replace an injector roadside or sort
out a gear box that went BANG and started making lots of little
metallic tinkly noises and wouldn't come out of 3rd and they don't
carry ride height sensors. They've been happy to take me and it to
the destination of my choice.

Am I able to cancel and receive a full refund, I have not used it to
date.

Read the small print...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 19/11/2019 15:46, Dave Liquorice wrote:
[...]

which will include the statutory 14 day cooling off period - but it may
not be a /full/ refund: there may be a deduction for the period of cover
and an admin fee.

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 19/11/2019 14:02, Broadback wrote:
I applied to join the AA breakdown on the 10th of this month. I received
no communication from them, apart from a reply to my complaint, which
itself had not be followed up. The money was taken from my account
today, is this normal from them?

If so how good is their recovery?

In the last 3 years

Flat battery at home Sunday evening. Battery replaced with 2 hours (did
tell them I was not going anywhere that night but needed the van on
Monday morning)

Flat battery (different van) Friday 5pm near J38 of A1. Battery replaced
less than 15 minutes after the call

Diesel pump failure on a Thursday afternoon. On tow within the hour.

New diesel pump set on fire Saturday afternoon. On tow within the hour

Would not start later in the week. The new new diesel pump had a loose
connection. Fixed within the hour

CV joint failed Monday Morning at 6am. On tow by 7am

Replacement CV joint failed on Ponds Forge roundabout mid day mid week
in the snow. There within 30 minutes. It took ages due to the snow and
where I pulled up to actually get on tow. But he was a star.

EGV failed on St Georges Bridge in morning rush hour. On tow within the
hour. Although the queues I caused on the bridge into Doncaster held him up.

And 4 years ago a non van one - Gf spun her car on A64 on a Bank Holiday
Monday and knocked the tyre off the rim and we could not get the wheel
off (two other cars also spun of the road within 5 minutes).
Subcontractor there within 15 minutes (I classed that one as vulnerable
when I called them).

Number of times I have called them out for my vehicles in 30 years?

Twice.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 19 Nov 2019 14:48:54 +0000, Bill Wright wrote:

On 19/11/2019 14:02, Broadback wrote:
I applied to join the AA breakdown on the 10th of this month. I
received no communication from them, apart from a reply to my
complaint, which itself had not be followed up. The money was taken
from my account today, is this normal from them? If so how good is
their recovery? Am I able to cancel and receive a full refund, I have
not used it to date.

I've used them twice and both times they were extremely efficient. They
won't cover my motorhome though. Apparently it's too heavy.

Bill

RAC should be able to cover that via the Caravan Club.
Asssuming you hven't already got cover.

Cheers

Dave R

--
Dell Latitude 7280 with Full HD and Thunderbolt (woo hoo)