Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Hopeless delivery tracing DPD

I ordered an item on Thursday and it was sent out same day, with next
day delivery by DPD. This is the sequence of delivery as it was
advised...

Thursday advised twice it would be delivered Friday around 11am
Friday afternoon advised it would not be delivered until 11am Monday.
Saturday, this morning, confirmed 11am Monday.
Saturday I have just been advised it will be delivered today between
10:40 and 11:40
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2019 08:48, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I ordered an item on Thursday and it was sent out same day, with next
day delivery by DPD. This is the sequence of delivery as it was advised...

Thursday advised twice it would be delivered Friday around 11am
Friday afternoon advised it would not be delivered until 11am Monday.
Saturday, this morning, confirmed 11am Monday.
Saturday I have just been advised it will be delivered today between
10:40 and 11:40

Would the package be travelling through any of the flooded areas by any
chance? I find DPD to be the most reliable of the courier services and
would expect that sort of problem only if there were some sort of
external problem that was beyond their control.

--
Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

nightjar used his keyboard to write :
Would the package be travelling through any of the flooded areas by any
chance? I find DPD to be the most reliable of the courier services and would
expect that sort of problem only if there were some sort of external problem
that was beyond their control.

It would not have to, Crewe to Leeds.

They suggested the collected it on Thursday, now they changed that to
having collected it Friday - which suppose helps it meet the next day
delivery.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08:48 16 Nov 2019, Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
wrote:

I ordered an item on Thursday and it was sent out same day, with next
day delivery by DPD. This is the sequence of delivery as it was
advised...

Thursday advised twice it would be delivered Friday around 11am
Friday afternoon advised it would not be delivered until 11am Monday.
Saturday, this morning, confirmed 11am Monday.
Saturday I have just been advised it will be delivered today between
10:40 and 11:40

Hope your package has arrived by now! I wonder if DPD's online tracking
service would have given advance notice of non-delivery.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16/11/2019 09:55, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
nightjar used his keyboard to write :
Would the package be travelling through any of the flooded areas by
any chance? I find DPD to be the most reliable of the courier services
and would expect that sort of problem only if there were some sort of
external problem that was beyond their control.

It would not have to, Crewe to Leeds.

That almost certainly means:

Day 1: Crewe to central distribution depot
Sort overnight
Day 2: Central distribution depot to Leeds

So a lot will depend upon where their central distribution depot is and
what routes are blocked by flooding.

They suggested the collected it on Thursday, now they changed that to
having collected it Friday - which suppose helps it meet the next day
delivery.

--
Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

pamela formulated on Saturday :
Hope your package has arrived by now! I wonder if DPD's online tracking
service would have given advance notice of non-delivery.

It arrived this morning, but...

I ordered a set of four colour laser cartridges and the sender omitted
the red one, so I have had to message the seller. The red (magenta) was
the worst of the set I have in at the comment.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry Bloomfield wrote:

They suggested the collected it on Thursday, now they changed that to
having collected it Friday - which suppose helps it meet the next day
delivery.

Maybe the supplier booked the collection on thursday, but then didn't
have your parcel ready for handover when DPD arrived that day, so it
waited until the next day's collection?

Are EU having a laugh? Europe passes hopeless cyber-commerce rules The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 0 May 27th 16 08:40 PM
Why I like delivery by DPD djc UK diy 12 January 9th 14 02:47 PM
Help, bought a house but I'm hopeless... leaky faucets, broken gas stoves, and a tree to fall HopelessStudent Home Ownership 8 October 28th 04 07:05 AM
hopeless question about lamp in Alpine CDA-7861 its you Electronics Repair 1 July 25th 03 12:24 AM