Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dishwasher halting part way through cycle - preliminary post

Our dishwasher has suddenly started stopping (if you see what I mean) part
way through a cycle.
We have been away for about a week, and it was working before we left.
I've given it a first check over and I can't see anything obvious.

It is a Lamona built in full size model, but is running a 30 minute test
cycle at the moment so I can't delve inside to find the label for the
precise model number.

Water seems to run in, you can hear the jets jetting, and water is pumped
out again so there doesn't seem to be an obvious major blockage.

Prior to more detailed investigation (like finding the manual which came
with it and has been stored "somewhere safe") has anyone encountered
something similar?

Cheers

Dave R

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bev Bev is offline

On Thu, 31 Oct 2019 11:56:01 +0000, David wrote:

Our dishwasher has suddenly started stopping (if you see what I mean)
part way through a cycle.

Water seems to run in, you can hear the jets jetting, and water is
pumped out again so there doesn't seem to be an obvious major blockage.

Prior to more detailed investigation (like finding the manual which came
with it and has been stored "somewhere safe") has anyone encountered
something similar?

Yes, with a Siemens. The Siemens engineer was in the showroom when we
were in and I described exactly what you are experiencing to him. He
reckoned that it was the processor thinking that the dishwasher was not
emptying (even though it was) and other than aan expensive repair just
restart it again. Its an intermittent problem that we can live with and
was most often found when we ran a short cycle or half-load. We now
ignore those cycles.

It is worth you checking that there is no obstruction in either the drain
filters in the machine or the waste pipe from the machine to the main
drain from sink.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 05:47:18 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

It can be a variety of things.

It certainly can't be as stupid and lonely as you are, you obnoxious
trolling senile asshole from Oz!

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"David" wrote in message
Our dishwasher has suddenly started stopping (if you see what I mean) part
way through a cycle.
We have been away for about a week, and it was working before we left.
I've given it a first check over and I can't see anything obvious.

It is a Lamona built in full size model, but is running a 30 minute test
cycle at the moment so I can't delve inside to find the label for the
precise model number.

Water seems to run in, you can hear the jets jetting, and water is pumped
out again so there doesn't seem to be an obvious major blockage.

Prior to more detailed investigation (like finding the manual which came
with it and has been stored "somewhere safe") has anyone encountered
something similar?

It can be a variety of things. Most dishwashers have some form of
leak detection and shut down if they detect a leak into the sump.

Most also have some form of temperature sensor. Check if the water
is being heated. Even if it is, it might be the sensor that has failed.

Most also have some form of pressure sensor and that can have
failed so it decides that the water isnt pumping when it is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes and after a week of no use the d
reded sludge can solidify rather well and cause intermittent blockages. It
can happen in other appliances like washing machines as well.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Rod Speed" wrote in message

"David" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 1 Nov 2019 09:48:33 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Weird that

What could be weirder than an 85-year-old, nym-shifting, senile asshole who
keeps trolling on Usenet, eh, senile Rodent?

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/10/2019 11:56, David wrote:
Our dishwasher has suddenly started stopping (if you see what I mean) part
way through a cycle.
We have been away for about a week, and it was working before we left.
I've given it a first check over and I can't see anything obvious.

It is a Lamona built in full size model, but is running a 30 minute test
cycle at the moment so I can't delve inside to find the label for the
precise model number.

Water seems to run in, you can hear the jets jetting, and water is pumped
out again so there doesn't seem to be an obvious major blockage.

Prior to more detailed investigation (like finding the manual which came
with it and has been stored "somewhere safe") has anyone encountered
something similar?

It could just be chance timing in regards to being away.

Our dishwasher has recently begun sometimes stopping with 39 minutes
remaining. I know exactly what it is, the cycle checks at that point
that the door is still shut and the spring on the catch is weakening a
bit. Pushing the door a few mm restarts it and it then runs to the end.

As I am currently waiting for a part to repair our washing machine, the
dishwasher can wait!

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Steve Walker" wrote in message
[...]

Weird that it does it like that instead of checking that continuously.

What make and model ?