Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Two pin (Euro) USB-C charger for Pixel 3a

Does anyone want this? Purchased from Germany. The angle of the pins
is not quite right for my Schuko socket but I suspect other sockets
may be more tolerant (or an adjustment could be made). I am not
looking for any payment and can therefore confidently offer a money
back guarantee!

If interested, just sort out the following email address:
scottdotsimpson(at)gefiondotmyzendotcodot(this_cou ntry_not _DE)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 18:10:57 +0100, Terry Casey
wrote:

In article ,
says...

Does anyone want this? Purchased from Germany. The angle of the pins
is not quite right for my Schuko socket but I suspect other sockets
may be more tolerant (or an adjustment could be made). I am not
looking for any payment and can therefore confidently offer a money
back guarantee!

If interested, just sort out the following email address:
scottdotsimpson(at)gefiondotmyzendotcodot(this_cou ntry_not _DE)

There is something wrong there if somethiung which is sold for
use in Germany won't fit a Schuko socket.

Is it by any chance a 2-pin Europlug?

You mention a possible adjustment - to what? Is it because the
pins aren't parallel and you think they are bent?

The pins of a Europlug aren't intended to be parallel but
point inwards at the tips.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europlug#Details

I agree with everything you say.

It is definitely a Europlug. I know the distinction between that and
a UK two-pin plug. The pins are indeed angled inwards. The problem I
think is that they are angled too much. This could be a manufacturing
error or damage in transit. As a result, it sticks in a Schuko
socket. I bought a replacement, which fits perfectly.

I don't believe it is counterfeit but cannot offer any guarantee.

Whilst it struggles to fit a Schuko socket (which is a tight fit
anyway), I think it might work fine in other socket types that are
more tolerant. I know it works electrically.

For these reasons I am quite happy to pass it on to anyone interested
rather that bin it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scott wrote:

It is definitely a Europlug. I know the distinction between that and
a UK two-pin plug. The pins are indeed angled inwards. The problem I
think is that they are angled too much.

Should only be 1.1mm narrower at end of pins

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4d/Europlug-scheme.png/330px-Europlug-scheme.png
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scott wrote:

The pins of a Europlug aren't intended to be parallel but
point inwards at the tips.

See https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europlug#Details

I agree with everything you say.

It is definitely a Europlug. I know the distinction between that and
a UK two-pin plug. The pins are indeed angled inwards. The problem I
think is that they are angled too much. This could be a manufacturing
error or damage in transit. As a result, it sticks in a Schuko
socket. I bought a replacement, which fits perfectly.

I don't believe it is counterfeit but cannot offer any guarantee.

Whilst it struggles to fit a Schuko socket (which is a tight fit
anyway), I think it might work fine in other socket types that are
more tolerant. I know it works electrically.

For these reasons I am quite happy to pass it on to anyone interested
rather that bin it.

But it's only worth a few pence, why go through all this argy-barge,
just keep it in your 'everything' drawer or bin it. There's no
shortage of them!

--
Chris Green
·

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 2 Oct 2019 20:05:52 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Scott wrote:

It is definitely a Europlug. I know the distinction between that and
a UK two-pin plug. The pins are indeed angled inwards. The problem I
think is that they are angled too much.

Should only be 1.1mm narrower at end of pins

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/4d/Europlug-scheme.png/330px-Europlug-scheme.png

Agreed. In my view it is out of spec. If anyone wants to
investigate, experiment or modify, the offer is there.