Jampot

Default Water pressure

The water company said they were doing work on the mains which would mean
low pressure the work has been done but my electric shower keeps cutting out
and the low pressure light comes on, I've had a man come out and he reckons
the pressure is fine(2bar) but my prob persists (the shower operates at
1.5bar minimium), neighbours reckon their pressure isn't as it was,so what
do I do now?

Nick Brooks

Jampot wrote:
The water company said they were doing work on the mains which would mean
low pressure the work has been done but my electric shower keeps cutting out
and the low pressure light comes on, I've had a man come out and he reckons
the pressure is fine(2bar) but my prob persists (the shower operates at
1.5bar minimium), neighbours reckon their pressure isn't as it was,so what
do I do now?

I had a similar problem. The water man came mid-morning when the
pressure was OK but at peak times like early morning the pressure
dropped to the point where my old combi wouldn't fire.

Keep complaining and eventually they'll do something about it

Nick
Harry Bloomfield

Jampot wrote on Tuesday (24/02/2004) :
The water company said they were doing work on the mains which would mean
low pressure the work has been done but my electric shower keeps cutting out
and the low pressure light comes on, I've had a man come out and he reckons
the pressure is fine(2bar) but my prob persists (the shower operates at
1.5bar minimium), neighbours reckon their pressure isn't as it was,so what
do I do now?

Pester them and keep on pestering until they fix the problem. They have
perhaps not fully reopened the valves or left a pump off.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Christian McArdle

Pester them and keep on pestering until they fix the problem. They
have perhaps not fully reopened the valves or left a pump off.

Or they might have massively reduced the pressure because they can't be
arsed to fix a leaking pipe. If they get complaints from everyone in the
street, they might actually dig it up and replace.

Christian.