Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT Cleaning

On 16/09/2019 23:30, alan_m wrote:

Having seen 3 examples in the last couple of days - why in films when
people are crawling around ventilation ducts they are always spotlessly
clean and when emerging those wearing black clothing show no signs of
any dust?

A bit like the soaps on TV where all the boiler suits worn always look
brand new and immaculate regardless of whether they have just serviced
the tractor/cat/mucked out the pigs etc.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 09:19:17 UTC+1, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 16/09/2019 23:30, alan_m wrote:

Having seen 3 examples in the last couple of days - why in films when
people are crawling around ventilation ducts they are always spotlessly
clean and when emerging those wearing black clothing show no signs of
any dust?

A bit like the soaps on TV where all the boiler suits worn always look
brand new and immaculate regardless of whether they have just serviced
the tractor/cat/mucked out the pigs etc.

when they do try and make actors look dirty, it's about as convincing as substituting a small toy car for a real one.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/09/2019 18:32, Brian Gaff wrote:
Not always, some years ago I could see that mechanics at a pit lane
suspected of creating a fire were all in grease streaked clothing with the
fictitious team name on it or rather them. That was CSI.

I note that many of the "staff" in CSI turn up at a crime scene full of
core blood and bodily fluids dressed up in expensive designer gear,
especially in the Miami franchise. Sometimes the script hints that being
a CSI operative is not a well paid job.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
I note that many of the "staff" in CSI turn up at a crime scene full of
core blood and bodily fluids dressed up in expensive designer gear,
especially in the Miami franchise. Sometimes the script hints that being
a CSI operative is not a well paid job.

Standard fair for TV. Everyone always has enough money to go to the pub,
etc. Unless the script says they have a gambling habit or whatever. ;-)

--
*I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

That is a little unfair, unless something has changed in the last 14 or so
years, in which case I could not think why.

I'm told some of the bodies in Midsummer murders look slightly, ahem
grubby.

They don’t actually show any of the corpses in Midsomer Murders.

wrote in message
On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 09:19:17 UTC+1, Andy Bennet wrote:
On 16/09/2019 23:30, alan_m wrote:

Having seen 3 examples in the last couple of days - why in films when
people are crawling around ventilation ducts they are always
spotlessly
clean and when emerging those wearing black clothing show no signs of
any dust?

A bit like the soaps on TV where all the boiler suits worn always look
brand new and immaculate regardless of whether they have just serviced
the tractor/cat/mucked out the pigs etc.

when they do try and make actors look dirty, it's about as convincing as
substituting a small toy car for a real one.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 18 Sep 2019 06:06:56 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

They donąt actually show any of the corpses in Midsomer Murders.

Oh, ****, did you HAVE to **** also in this thread, senile troll?

--
Kerr-Mudd,John addressing senile Rot:
MID:

Continual cleaning v/s Self Cleaning oven Which is better? RC Home Repair 35 March 11th 20 10:47 PM
TOT Cleaning Brian Gaff UK diy 9 September 24th 19 11:05 AM
TOT Cleaning harry UK diy 2 September 24th 19 09:20 AM
Slate Floor Cleaning / Waxing -- Sealed? Problem with white crud on surface after cleaning... Jamie Dolan Home Repair 4 August 21st 06 03:39 AM
Furnace Cleaning/ Duct Cleaning Sennin Home Repair 36 January 28th 05 01:35 PM