Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TOT Cleaning

Yes i always thought this very odd as well. It was a favourite think in the
70s shows to see folk in ducts, Also it seemed the bad guy was always too
thick to spot the size of an air duct grille in a room. If I wanted to keep
somebody in, I'd make damn sure any screws on the grille were bloody tight.
Another oddity you often got was a spider in there is fit was a lady in the
duct, who bravely gritted her teeth to get past it, like how much of a
cliché was that?
Anyway, why did they need such big ducts in the first place?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"alan_m" wrote in message

Having seen 3 examples in the last couple of days - why in films when
people are crawling around ventilation ducts they are always spotlessly
clean and when emerging those wearing black clothing show no signs of any
dust?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Yes i always thought this very odd as well. It was a favourite think in the 70s shows
to see folk in ducts,

May have all started in a Bond film ?

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 17 September 2019 19:29:44 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Yes i always thought this very odd as well. It was a favourite think in the 70s shows
to see folk in ducts,

May have all started in a Bond film ?

michael adams

What about star trek and the Jefferies tubes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Yes i always thought this very odd as well. It was a favourite think in the 70s
shows
to see folk in ducts,

May have all started in a Bond film ?

michael adams

What about star trek and the Jefferies tubes.

A great big Dr No - 1962

Star Trek 1966 -

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
Yes i always thought this very odd as well. It was a favourite think in the 70s
shows
to see folk in ducts,

May have all started in a Bond film ?

michael adams

What about star trek and the Jefferies tubes.

A great big Dr No - 1962

Star Trek 1966 -

michael adams

The point was that star trek named them they weren't called ducts.
I wonder who Mr Duct was.
Maybe I'll go on dragons den with some Jefferies tape.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message

I wonder who Mr Duct was.

The inventor of Duct Tape, obviously.

After they found his tape worked so well on air vents they changed
the name of those to ducts to avoid confusion.

Next question ?

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 19 September 2019 12:20:11 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

I wonder who Mr Duct was.

The inventor of Duct Tape, obviously.

After they found his tape worked so well on air vents they changed
the name of those to ducts to avoid confusion.

Next question ?

Why was it really first called duck tape and where does the expression "as tight as a ducks arse" really come from.

And why does our uni admin call ground floor rooms 0.xx 1st floor 1.xx , 2nd floor 2.xx but use's labels on doors such as G11 for a ground floor room, room 105 for a first floor, room 205 on the second floor, and uses the prefix "E" for academic offices E208 but 208 is a lecture room.

Just that an academic has asked us to look out for lost students wandering around the department.

I've said why don't the daft ****s in admin label the doors with the same numbers and systems as they do on the timetables.
Although I might have missed out the D & C words in the email.

I'd also like to know why admin say we are in week 0 (zero)
but the lab timetables say we are in week 6.
Although I do know I just think it;s rather stupid.

Just had another acadmic come to me looking for room 360 & room 362 which were
here but were been moved to the basement over 14 months ago, and no one bothered to inform anyone but those in the rooms.
Oh and the 3rd floors in teh building do NOT meet up they are sperate, and so are the basements.

yuo'd think they'd have inteligent peole sorting such things out wouldn't you ?

and that was a rhetorical question :-)

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 19 September 2019 12:20:11 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

I wonder who Mr Duct was.

The inventor of Duct Tape, obviously.

After they found his tape worked so well on air vents they changed
the name of those to ducts to avoid confusion.

Next question ?

Why was it really first called duck tape

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....en-not-silver/

and where does the expression "as tight as a ducks arse" really come from.

Because if it wasnt the duck would fill with water and would sink, stupid.

And why does our uni admin call ground floor
rooms 0.xx 1st floor 1.xx , 2nd floor 2.xx

Because they keep 'employing' fools as stupid as you...

[...]

They dont have any like that, just fools like you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 20 Sep 2019 04:24:00 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH all the bull****

....and much better air in here!

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 19 September 2019 19:24:10 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Thursday, 19 September 2019 12:20:11 UTC+1, michael adams wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message

I wonder who Mr Duct was.

The inventor of Duct Tape, obviously.

After they found his tape worked so well on air vents they changed
the name of those to ducts to avoid confusion.

Next question ?

Why was it really first called duck tape

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index....en-not-silver/

and where does the expression "as tight as a ducks arse" really come from.

Because if it wasnt the duck would fill with water and would sink, stupid.

That's what my mother told me, but later I heard the rumour that it was back in the days of the samurai where it was common for the samurai fighters to be given a reward for good fighting and that reward was usualy a women, or a man, then next option was a duck or other bird.

And why does our uni admin call ground floor
rooms 0.xx 1st floor 1.xx , 2nd floor 2.xx

Because they keep 'employing' fools as stupid as you...

I;m the one that pointed out that perhaps studetns were getting lost
as the lecture room on the timetable is room 2.09 but the door label says 209.

I had 3 students come to me on the 3rd floor asking where office 3.60 is,
well that was here on the 3rd floor 18 months ago and was moved to the basement and it's where the academoc now resides NOT on the 3rd floor but the basement, I've no idea what number is on his basement office door we used to call basement rooms with the prefix B but I;m betting admin whole replacing the G with "0."
have replaced the B with "0.0" but still haven't change the labels on the actual doors.