Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

Default What groups across Usenet are still well-used for their intended purpose?

In article ,
In article ,
On 2019-09-14, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Huge wrote:
On 13/09/2019 09:11, Rod Speed wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote

Jesus, this has dragged the the trolls, troll-baiters (trolls in their
own right) and weirdos out of the woodwork.

And those who apparently don't know they're reading and posting to
several groups. ;-)

I'm well aware which groups I'm posting to, Oh patronising one.

Sorry for thinking you made a mistake rather than doing what you are
complaining of others doing.

**** off and die.

Yup - the weirdos have definitely come out of the woodwork. Or perhaps
just the children.

--
*Certain frogs can be frozen solid, then thawed, and survive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.net.news.management, uk.legal, uk.d-i-y, uk.politics.misc

On 15 Sep 2019, Huge wrote
(in article ):

In ,
On 2019-09-14, Dave Plowman wrote:
In ,
Huge wrote:
On 13/09/2019 09:11, Rod Speed wrote:
Stephen wrote

Jesus, this has dragged the the trolls, troll-baiters (trolls in their
own right) and weirdos out of the woodwork.

And those who apparently don't know they're reading and posting to
several groups. ;-)

I'm well aware which groups I'm posting to, Oh patronising one.

Sorry for thinking you made a mistake rather than doing what you are
complaining of others doing.

**** off and die.

Thats the long term usenet contributor we all know and love.

Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

On 2019-09-15, Vidcapper wrote:
On 14/09/2019 12:58, Huge wrote:
On 13/09/2019 09:11, Rod Speed wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote

Jesus, this has dragged the the trolls, troll-baiters (trolls in their own right) and
weirdos out of the woodwork.

Hi Hugh,

I'm afraid you'll find little else on usenet politics forums these days.

"These days"? ) I've been on Usenet for likely over 30 years (CBA to work it
out) and the politics groups have always been loony attractors.

True enough - but they are in a much higher proportion than there used
to be.

--

Paul Hyett, Cheltenham
Posted to uk.net.news.management, uk.legal, uk.d-i-y, uk.politics.misc

On 15 Sep 2019, Vidcapper wrote
(in article ):

On 2019-09-15, wrote:
On 14/09/2019 12:58, Huge wrote:
On 13/09/2019 09:11, Rod Speed wrote:
Stephen wrote

Jesus, this has dragged the the trolls, troll-baiters (trolls in their
own right) and
weirdos out of the woodwork.

Hi Hugh,

I'm afraid you'll find little else on usenet politics forums these days.

"These days"? ) I've been on Usenet for likely over 30 years (CBA to work
it
out) and the politics groups have always been loony attractors.

True enough - but they are in a much higher proportion than there used
to be.

Isnt that because most of the egotists have fled to
Twitter/Facebook/Whatsapp where they can get liked for all of their
posts?

The more likes, the more important they feel?

Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

On 2019-09-15, wrote:
On 14/09/2019 12:58, Huge wrote:
On 13/09/2019 09:11, Rod Speed wrote:
Stephen wrote

Jesus, this has dragged the the trolls, troll-baiters (trolls in their
own right) and
weirdos out of the woodwork.

Hi Hugh,

I'm afraid you'll find little else on usenet politics forums these days.

"These days"? ) I've been on Usenet for likely over 30 years (CBA to work
it
out) and the politics groups have always been loony attractors.

True enough - but they are in a much higher proportion than there used
to be.

Isnt that because most of the egotists have fled to
Twitter/Facebook/Whatsapp where they can get liked for all of their
posts?

The more likes, the more important they feel?

like

--
www.abelard.org

Posted to uk.net.news.management, uk.legal, uk.d-i-y, uk.politics.misc

On 15 Sep 2019, abelard wrote
(in ):

On 15/09/2019 12:38, Huge wrote:
On 2019-09-15, wrote:
On 14/09/2019 12:58, Huge wrote:
[...]

I have a like. Im so important, I may have to join the Labour Party.

Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

On 2019-09-15, wrote:
On 14/09/2019 12:58, Huge wrote:
On 13/09/2019 09:11, Rod Speed wrote:
Stephen wrote

Jesus, this has dragged the the trolls, troll-baiters (trolls in their
own right) and
weirdos out of the woodwork.

Hi Hugh,

I'm afraid you'll find little else on usenet politics forums these days.

"These days"? ) I've been on Usenet for likely over 30 years (CBA to work
it
out) and the politics groups have always been loony attractors.

True enough - but they are in a much higher proportion than there used
to be.

Isnt that because most of the egotists have fled to
Twitter/Facebook/Whatsapp where they can get liked for all of their
posts?

The more likes, the more important they feel?

Would it be so hard to created "like" (web) services/sites for usenet
posts without any/FBook monopoly?

Do you look for excuses or opportunities? :-)

--
A. Filip
| A woman has got to love a bad man once or twice in her life to be
| thankful for a good one. (Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings)
Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc
Joe Joe is offline

On 15/09/2019 12:38, Huge wrote:
On 2019-09-15, wrote:
On 14/09/2019 12:58, Huge wrote:
[...]

No demand for it. 'Dislikes', on the other hand...

--
Joe

Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

"A. Filip" wrote:

Keema's Nan wrote:
On 15 Sep 2019, Vidcapper wrote
(in article ):

On 15/09/2019 12:38, Huge wrote:

[]
"These days"? ) I've been on Usenet for likely over 30 years
(CBA to work it
out) and the politics groups have always been loony attractors.

True enough - but they are in a much higher proportion than there
used to be.

Isnt that because most of the egotists have fled to
Twitter/Facebook/Whatsapp where they can get liked for all of
their posts?

The more likes, the more important they feel?

Would it be so hard to created "like" (web) services/sites for usenet
posts without any/FBook monopoly?

Do you look for excuses or opportunities? :-)

No demand for it. 'Dislikes', on the other hand...

Do YOU want "dislikes" *enough* ?

I would like to see "dislikes" not by "total anonymous" but by
a few+ posters I respect (even in disagreement).

--
A. Filip
| Love is the process of my leading you gently back to yourself.
| (Saint Exupery)

Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

On 2019-09-15, Vidcapper wrote:
On 14/09/2019 12:58, Huge wrote:
On 13/09/2019 09:11, Rod Speed wrote:
Stephen Cole wrote

Jesus, this has dragged the the trolls, troll-baiters (trolls in their own right) and
weirdos out of the woodwork.

Hi Hugh,

I'm afraid you'll find little else on usenet politics forums these days.

"These days"? ) I've been on Usenet for likely over 30 years (CBA to work it
out) and the politics groups have always been loony attractors.

you're no loony...you're just a miserable old curmudgeon...

always have been and i expect you always will be

you don't have enough personality to be loony

And you're a tedious ****. Always have been, always will be.

cwadimene

--
www.abelard.org
Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

news.com...

On 15/09/2019 12:38, Huge wrote:
On 2019-09-15, wrote:
On 14/09/2019 12:58, Huge wrote:
[...]

Nope, its actually because those are vastly bigger than usenet.

I get the same result with technical questions too. The best of the
online forums leave usenet completely for dead now. I much prefer
the usenet format, but have to put up with the downsides of the
online forums because the coverage is vastly better now.

Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc
% % is offline

On 2019-09-15 7:54 p.m., Rod Speed wrote:

news.com...

On 2019-09-15, * wrote:
On 14/09/2019 12:58, Huge wrote:
On 13/09/2019 09:11, Rod Speed wrote:
Stephen * wrote

[...]

alt.tits is still about alt.tits
Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

On 15/09/2019 12:38, Huge wrote:
On 2019-09-15, wrote:
On 14/09/2019 12:58, Huge wrote:
[...]

No demand for it.

Bull****, thats what +1s are, just a different format.

'Dislikes', on the other hand...

Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 13:23:56 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

That one word would make the perfect nym for you, senile bull**** artist!

--
addressing nym-shifting senile Rodent:
"You on the other hand are a heavyweight bull****ter who demonstrates

Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 12:54:33 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Nope, its actually because those are vastly bigger than usenet.

I get the same result with technical questions too. The best of the
online forums leave usenet completely for dead now. I much prefer
the usenet format,

The one and only reason you "prefer" the "Usenet format" is because you
can't troll on those moderated Internet forums as you do on unmoderated
Usenet forums.You would quickly get kicked out by any moderator, you
abnormal 85-year-old trolling senile pest!

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 12:54:33 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Nope, its actually because those are vastly bigger than usenet.

I get the same result with technical questions too. The best of the
online forums leave usenet completely for dead now. I much prefer
the usenet format, but have to put up with the downsides of the
online forums because the coverage is vastly better now.

do you seriously believe more different views/stereotypes
are presented on farcebook?

the majority of sheepdom manages in bliss and happiness
with two parties
they usually manage to hate one footer team

--
www.abelard.org
Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

wrote:

Nope, its actually because those are vastly bigger than usenet.

I get the same result with technical questions too. The best of the
online forums leave usenet completely for dead now. I much prefer
the usenet format, but have to put up with the downsides of the
online forums because the coverage is vastly better now.

do you seriously believe more different views/stereotypes
are presented on farcebook?

I wasn't talking about facebook.

Posted to uk.net.news.management,uk.legal,uk.d-i-y,uk.politics.misc

On Mon, 16 Sep 2019 19:07:25 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I get the same result with technical questions too. The best of the
online forums leave usenet completely for dead now. I much prefer
the usenet format, but have to put up with the downsides of the
online forums because the coverage is vastly better now.

do you seriously believe more different views/stereotypes
are presented on farcebook?

I wasn't talking about facebook.

So, on which Internet forum are you trolling in addition to your trolling on
Usenet, you abnormal senile pest?

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID: