Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default coffee capsules

Has anyone tried to make an adapter for dolce gusto coffee pod machine
to expressi (aldi type)They can be bought but are expensive.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

FMurtz wrote:
Has anyone tried to make an adapter for dolce gusto coffee pod machine
to expressi (aldi type)They can be bought but are expensive.

This looks like just the thing:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2143952

About a tenner to print in PLA, according to online quotes.

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Theo wrote:
FMurtz wrote:
Has anyone tried to make an adapter for dolce gusto coffee pod machine
to expressi (aldi type)They can be bought but are expensive.

This looks like just the thing:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2143952

About a tenner to print in PLA, according to online quotes.

Theo

And the cost of the printer, my dolce gusto machine cost me AU $ 7.50
from the Salvation Army Opp shop and It looked like it had never been used.
The adapter seem to be able to cost 12.48 euro landed (But I am probably
wrong and they only ship local) ?If I can read dutch which I can not. so
10 pounds plus cost of buying printer does not seem like a good deal.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

FMurtz wrote:
Theo wrote:
FMurtz wrote:
Has anyone tried to make an adapter for dolce gusto coffee pod machine
to expressi (aldi type)They can be bought but are expensive.

This looks like just the thing:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2143952

About a tenner to print in PLA, according to online quotes.

Theo

And the cost of the printer, my dolce gusto machine cost me AU $ 7.50
from the Salvation Army Opp shop and It looked like it had never been used.
The adapter seem to be able to cost 12.48 euro landed (But I am probably
wrong and they only ship local) ?If I can read dutch which I can not. so
10 pounds plus cost of buying printer does not seem like a good deal.

Couldnt you just whittle one out of balsa wood or carve up a block of
polystyrene?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote:
FMurtz wrote:
Theo wrote:
FMurtz wrote:
Has anyone tried to make an adapter for dolce gusto coffee pod machine
to expressi (aldi type)They can be bought but are expensive.

This looks like just the thing:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2143952

About a tenner to print in PLA, according to online quotes.

Theo

And the cost of the printer, my dolce gusto machine cost me AU $ 7.50
from the Salvation Army Opp shop and It looked like it had never been used.
The adapter seem to be able to cost 12.48 euro landed (But I am probably
wrong and they only ship local) ?If I can read dutch which I can not. so
10 pounds plus cost of buying printer does not seem like a good deal.

Couldnt you just whittle one out of balsa wood or carve up a block of
polystyrene?

Tim

Not sure, I have the outer case (dolce gusto pod) and the inner
(Expressi)but the bought adapter seems concentric and the home printed
one seems off centre and not sure how to seal it, I tried just putting
one in the other after clearing the the old grounds but it did not work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/09/2019 12:31, Theo wrote:
FMurtz wrote:
Has anyone tried to make an adapter for dolce gusto coffee pod machine
to expressi (aldi type)They can be bought but are expensive.

This looks like just the thing:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2143952

About a tenner to print in PLA, according to online quotes.

Theo

PLA is the wrong plastic, it softens in hot water, maybe ABS or Nylon.

Or print it in PLA and make a casting in epoxy resin.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

FMurtz wrote:
And the cost of the printer, my dolce gusto machine cost me AU $ 7.50
from the Salvation Army Opp shop and It looked like it had never been used.
The adapter seem to be able to cost 12.48 euro landed (But I am probably
wrong and they only ship local) ?If I can read dutch which I can not. so
10 pounds plus cost of buying printer does not seem like a good deal.

If you own the printer, it's pennies to print. The price of a tenner was
from an online printing service, which I'm sure you have local versions of in
..au, or services from China if you aren't in a hurry.

Alternatively, the STL file shows what to make out of another material by
hand.

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/09/2019 14:34, FMurtz wrote:
I have the outer case (dolce gusto pod) and the inner (Expressi)

fill in between with car body filler/polyester resin and cold cast your
adapter....

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"FMurtz" wrote in message
Theo wrote:
FMurtz wrote:
Has anyone tried to make an adapter for dolce gusto coffee pod machine
to expressi (aldi type)They can be bought but are expensive.

This looks like just the thing:
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2143952

About a tenner to print in PLA, according to online quotes.

And the cost of the printer, my dolce gusto machine cost me AU $ 7.50
from the Salvation Army Opp shop and It looked like it had never been
used.
The adapter seem to be able to cost 12.48 euro landed (But I am probably
wrong and they only ship local) ?If I can read dutch which I can not. so
10 pounds plus cost of buying printer does not seem like a good deal.

Chrome usually does a pretty decent job of translating non english web
sites.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default UNBELIEVABLE: It's THREE am in Australia and the Senie Ozzietard is out of Bed and TROLLING already!!!! LOL

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 03:04:11 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's latest senile troll****

Seriously? 03:04 am??? AGAIN? LOL Is your senility not letting you sleep in
again, you clinically insane abnormal senile pest from Oz?

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 02/09/2019 14:34, FMurtz wrote:
I have the outer case (dolce gusto pod) and the inner (Expressi)

fill in between with car body filler/polyester resin and cold cast your
adapter....

I have epoxy resin but is it food grade?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"FMurtz" wrote in message
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 02/09/2019 14:34, FMurtz wrote:
I have the outer case (dolce gusto pod) and the inner (Expressi)

fill in between with car body filler/polyester resin and cold cast your
adapter....

I have epoxy resin but is it food grade?

Did you used to be an electrician or am I remembering that wrong ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/09/2019 05:50, FMurtz wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 02/09/2019 14:34, FMurtz wrote:
I have the outer case (dolce gusto pod) and the inner (Expressi)

fill in between with car body filler/polyester resin and cold cast
your adapter....

I have epoxy resin but is it food grade?

epoxy is almost completeley inert chemically once set.

Stove at 100C after mould is removed to ensure that no chemistry is left
on the surface

--
"A point of view can be a dangerous luxury when substituted for insight
and understanding".

Marshall McLuhan

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 3 Sep 2019 15:34:00 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

I have epoxy resin but is it food grade?

Did you used to be an electrician or am I remembering that wrong ?

What stopped you this time from looking it up whether it's "food grade", and
posting the link, you "all-knowing", senile pest?

cretin from Oz:

Resin capsules GMM UK diy 3 November 26th 11 08:42 PM
Time capsules Eigenvector Home Repair 13 December 11th 06 01:58 PM
Time capsules [email protected] Home Repair 2 December 10th 06 10:38 PM
Stain-resistant varnish for coffee table? Frank Watson UK diy 0 September 2nd 03 03:07 PM