Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default random Huewei calling

anybody have a huawei phone which makes random calls all on its own ?
......they all seem to be affected p20 p30 etc ....I know a few people
affected so there must be more ...we need to do something about this
problem

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/08/2019 13:28, Jim K.. wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." Wrote in message:
anybody have a huawei phone which makes random calls all on its own ?
.....they all seem to be affected p20 p30 etc ....I know a few people
affected so there must be more ...we need to do something about this
problem

Whos it call?

an unlisted number in China rumoured to be belong to one of the state
run agencies.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/08/2019 13:28, Jim K.. wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." Wrote in message:
anybody have a huawei phone which makes random calls all on its own ?
.....they all seem to be affected p20 p30 etc ....I know a few people
affected so there must be more ...we need to do something about this
problem

Whos it call?

anybody in the address book

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/08/2019 14:43, John Kenyon wrote:
On 30/08/2019 13:28, Jim K.. wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." Wrote in message:
anybody have a huawei phone which makes random calls all on its own ?
.....they all seem to be affected p20 p30 etc ....I know a few people
affected so there must be more ...we need to do something about this
problem

Whos it call?

Ghostbusters?

if you had one you would know all about it ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...?term=buttdial

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/08/2019 15:32, Graham. wrote:
anybody have a huawei phone which makes random calls all on its own ?
.....they all seem to be affected p20 p30 etc ....I know a few people
affected so there must be more ...we need to do something about this
problem

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...?term=buttdial

'fraid not...wish it was''''

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It may well simply be that the inbuilt address book app has a software
issue. It could be perhaps better to install a different app.

I have being serious for a moment heard of this with Android phones before.
Which version of Android has it got, and can it be updated?
I see Google are ditching confectionary names for their OS and just using
numbers and letters.

Brian

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!
Today is Yesterdays Tomorrow.
On 30/08/2019 13:28, Jim K.. wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." Wrote in message:
anybody have a huawei phone which makes random calls all on its own ?
.....they all seem to be affected p20 p30 etc ....I know a few people
affected so there must be more ...we need to do something about this
problem

Whos it call?

Ghostbusters?

if you had one you would know all about it ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." Wrote in message:
anybody have a huawei phone which makes random calls all on its own ?
.....they all seem to be affected p20 p30 etc ....I know a few people
affected so there must be more ...we need to do something about this
problem

Whos it call?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

No I don't believe that for a second. Sounds like fake news.

Iphones tend to dial emergency services on their own unless you completely
nobble the emergency options.

Bull**** they do, none of mine have ever done that.

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 30/08/2019 13:28, Jim K.. wrote:
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." Wrote in message:
anybody have a huawei phone which makes random calls all on its own ?
.....they all seem to be affected p20 p30 etc ....I know a few people
affected so there must be more ...we need to do something about this
problem

Whos it call?

an unlisted number in China rumoured to be belong to one of the state run
agencies.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/08/2019 01:23, Rod Speed wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote

Iphones tend to dial emergency services on their own unless you
completely nobble the emergency options.

Bull**** they do, none of mine have ever done that.

They don't do it by themselves but if the side buttons on the phone are
repeatedly pressed or two side buttons pressed together when, say,
inserting a phone into a tight pocket the emergency services are dialed
automatically. The same can happen with the Apple watch if you
inadvertently press buttons whilst wearing the watch when sleeping.

I believe that Andriod have now introduced this useful(?) feature.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/08/2019 12:56, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
anybody have a huawei phone which makes random calls all on its own ?
.....they all seem to be affected p20 p30 etc ....I know a few people
affected so there must be more ...we need to do something about this
problem

Run a virus checker on your phone. Try Malwarebytes from Google play,
assuming Google have not yet disabled Huewei products from contacting
their servers for software.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Brian Gaff wrote

Iphones tend to dial emergency services on their own
unless you completely nobble the emergency options.

Bull**** they do, none of mine have ever done that.

They don't do it by themselves but if the side buttons
on the phone are repeatedly pressed or two side buttons
pressed together when, say, inserting a phone into a tight
pocket the emergency services are dialed automatically.

But you have to press the button FIVE times AND slide the SOS slider.
Cant see that happening accidentally.

The same can happen with the Apple watch if you inadvertently
press buttons whilst wearing the watch when sleeping.

Cant see that happening either.

I believe that Andriod have now introduced this useful(?) feature.

Guess it could be useful if you have a bad fall etc and your
phone wont do full time siri because its an old iphone but
even then, you can just press the home button and use siri.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

They don't do it by themselves

I beg to differ .... they do....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

https://uk.community.huawei.com/p20-...n-p20-pro-2669
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 10:23:54 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Iphones tend to dial emergency services on their own unless you completely
nobble the emergency options.

Bull**** they do, none of mine have ever done that.

That's because even your idiotPhones think you are a useless asshole that
everyone would like to get rid off as soon as possible.

little ignorant ****."
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 31 Aug 2019 13:18:10 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

Guess it could be useful if you have a bad fall etc

Let's just hope your idiotPhone will KEEP not reacting and letting you
croak, you obnoxious senile pest!

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder