Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Gladstone Brookes...

Thank god the PPI claims are coming to an end....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/08/2019 15:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Thank god the PPI claims are coming to an end....

Something else will follow.

Even more slippers and trippers mostly.

All those help-to-speculate loans are coming up for
payment and I forsee arguments about how much the
house has increased in value buy, because this determines
how much the owner must pay.

PCP car loans by the zillion

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/08/2019 15:19, Andrew wrote:
On 29/08/2019 15:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Thank god the PPI claims are coming to an end....

Something else will follow.

Even more slippers and trippers mostly.

All those help-to-speculate loans are coming up for
payment and I forsee arguments about how much the
house has increased in value buy, because this determines
how much the owner must pay.

PCP car loans by the zillion

yes the world UK full of suckers in PCP audi's....you have to laugh
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/08/2019 15:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Thank god the PPI claims are coming to an end....

You realise the PPI claims people are mostly the people who miss-sold
them in the first place? That's how they know how to claim.

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/08/2019 16:51, Max Demian wrote:
On 29/08/2019 15:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Thank god the PPI claims are coming to an end....

You realise the PPI claims people are mostly the people who miss-sold
them in the first place? That's how they know how to claim.

I told then I had one month of PPI in the 90's when I changed credit
cards and didn't tick the no box...they weren't interested ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 29/08/2019 16:51, Max Demian wrote:
On 29/08/2019 15:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Thank god the PPI claims are coming to an end....

You realise the PPI claims people are mostly the people who miss-sold them in the
first place? That's how they know how to claim.

I told then I had one month of PPI in the 90's when I changed credit cards and didn't
tick the no box...they weren't interested ....

I applied direct to Barclays last week entering my Barclaycard Number in
the extra information box.

They owe me about 35p from the 90's but the article that persuaded me
to apply said that they have to pay interest on top.

So its fingers crossed.

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 29/08/2019 15:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Thank god the PPI claims are coming to an end....

You realise the PPI claims people are mostly the people who miss-sold them in the first
place? That's how they know how to claim.

For the percentage they get it was well worth a few hours work to trawl around
all the main banks and CC providers sites and another few hours to write
a bot to automatically feed in any punters details in all of them.

Many of the claims sites are in fact owned by women solicitors in the
North of England.

quote

Gladstone Brookes Limited was founded on 13 Jun 2007 and has its
registered office in Southport. The organisation's status is listed as "active".
It currently has 2 directors. The company's first directors were Elaine
Popplewell, Lisa O'neill. 250-499 people are employed at this company.

quote

michael adams

Posted to uk.d-i-y

There will always be a new thing to plug. In a way the claims guys et al,
are not really bad, they just fill a need since people don't have time to do
it themselves.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Andrew" wrote in message
On 29/08/2019 15:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Thank god the PPI claims are coming to an end....

Something else will follow.

Even more slippers and trippers mostly.

All those help-to-speculate loans are coming up for
payment and I forsee arguments about how much the
house has increased in value buy, because this determines
how much the owner must pay.

PCP car loans by the zillion

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff formulated the question :
There will always be a new thing to plug. In a way the claims guys et al, are
not really bad, they just fill a need since people don't have time to do it
themselves.

They try hard to convince people that they are the only way, whereas
you can quite easily do it all for your self. Not far removed from the
companies who charge you to make passport/ visa applications and
vehicle tax applications etc.. Easier to do it all your self.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Harry Bloomfield"; "Esq." wrote in
message ...
Brian Gaff formulated the question :
There will always be a new thing to plug. In a way the claims guys et al,
are not really bad, they just fill a need since people don't have time to
do it themselves.

They try hard to convince people that they are the only way, whereas you
can quite easily do it all for your self. Not far removed from the
companies who charge you to make passport/ visa applications and vehicle
tax applications etc..

Though the majority of those masquerade as the "official" site

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 22:17:14 +0100, Harry Bloomfield, Esq.
wrote:

Brian Gaff formulated the question :
There will always be a new thing to plug. In a way the claims guys et al, are
not really bad, they just fill a need since people don't have time to do it
themselves.

They try hard to convince people that they are the only way, whereas
you can quite easily do it all for your self. Not far removed from the
companies who charge you to make passport/ visa applications and
vehicle tax applications etc.. Easier to do it all your self.

A few years ago I received a letter from a solicitor in Manchester
offering to act for me to get my house re-banded for Council Tax,
saying that they'd noticed that another house in the street had been
rebanded. A bit of ferreting around on the Valuation Office Agency
website and a phone call got my house rebanded and secured me a refund
of just over £3,000. If I'd allowed the solicitors to do it they would
have taken a quarter of the refund
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/08/2019 19:57, michael adams wrote:
"Max Demian" wrote in message
[...]

Ah yes, we know how fond women are of paying by plastic
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Max Demian" wrote in message
On 29/08/2019 15:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Thank god the PPI claims are coming to an end....

You realise the PPI claims people are mostly the people who miss-sold
them in the first
place? That's how they know how to claim.

For the percentage they get it was well worth a few hours work to
trawl around
all the main banks and CC providers sites and another few hours to write
a bot to automatically feed in any punters details in all of them.

Many of the claims sites are in fact owned by women solicitors in the
North of England.

quote

Gladstone Brookes Limited was founded on 13 Jun 2007 and has its
registered office in Southport. The organisation's status is listed as
"active".
Â* It currently has 2 directors. The company's first directors were Elaine
Popplewell, Lisa O'neill. 250-499 people are employed at this company.

quote

michael adams

Ah yes, we know how fond women are of paying by plastic

Just wait until the 'Equity Release' bubble pops.

I'm surprised there hasn't already been complaints about 'Reversion'
schemes, which seem to have been around longer but weren't so widely
advertised.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
michael adams mjadams25@ukonline wrote:

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 29/08/2019 16:51, Max Demian wrote:
On 29/08/2019 15:13, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Thank god the PPI claims are coming to an end....

You realise the PPI claims people are mostly the people who miss-sold them in the
first place? That's how they know how to claim.

I told then I had one month of PPI in the 90's when I changed credit cards and didn't
tick the no box...they weren't interested ....

I applied direct to Barclays last week entering my Barclaycard Number in
the extra information box.

They owe me about 35p from the 90's but the article that persuaded me
to apply said that they have to pay interest on top.

So its fingers crossed.

I got a very fast answer from Barclays who have always been my bank and
credit card. Nothing owed.

My BS changed hands a few times over the years, and I also upped the
mortgage a couple of times, so waiting to hear from them. Hoping the delay
is good news.

--
*Can atheists get insurance for acts of God? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.