Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default If not Dydon or Gtech, then which cordless cleaner?

Hi all,

We need a cordless cleaner to replace the Dyson V6 Animal that
daughter bought us and we leant her a while back. She is very happy
with the convenience and performance (as we were before we 'lost it').
;-)

We recently got a Gtech Mk2 K9 combo for Mum and she too is very
happy with the convenience and performance.

I seem to remember others here suggesting other makes / models of
cordless cleaner that they were very happy with and were presumably
cheaper than the Dyson / Gtech offerings and would be equally capable
and easy to get spares for if required?

For us it would need to be good for the car / stairs (small handheld
formal) and quick runs over the floors etc.

We still have the Henry / Miele for building cleanup and 'full'
cleaning jobs.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. OOI, A mate recently bought a fairly expensive Vax multi-roller
carpet washer / cleaner and it has failed fairly quickly, down to poor
design (small plain metal bearings etc).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 12 August 2019 11:57:09 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
For us it would need to be good for the car / stairs (small handheld
formal) and quick runs over the floors etc.
We still have the Henry / Miele for building cleanup and 'full'
cleaning jobs.

https://images.app.goo.gl/RoWYWntRsh5KEyoi9

;-)

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2019 11:57, T i m wrote:
Hi all,

We need a cordless cleaner

Shark?

Can't comment on the cordless, sorry, but have a plug in one and it's
very good despite only being about 600 watts.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 12:43:07 +0100, R D S wrote:

On 12/08/2019 11:57, T i m wrote:
Hi all,

We need a cordless cleaner

Shark?

Yeah, Shark was a brand I thought I'd heard mention here.

Can't comment on the cordless, sorry, but have a plug in one and it's
very good despite only being about 600 watts.

I guess if it was also light and compact (like the cordless models) it
might still work (not so easy for the car etc).

Have you ever needed to get spares for it?

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 04:13:51 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Monday, 12 August 2019 11:57:09 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
For us it would need to be good for the car / stairs (small handheld
formal) and quick runs over the floors etc.
We still have the Henry / Miele for building cleanup and 'full'
cleaning jobs.

https://images.app.goo.gl/RoWYWntRsh5KEyoi9

;-)

We had one and I can remember using / playing with it as a kid. ;-)

Ironically, it was the sort of thing that would have been given to my
Mum as a 'present'.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:
https://images.app.goo.gl/RoWYWntRsh5KEyoi9

Ironically, it was the sort of thing that would have been given to my
Mum as a 'present'.

I have memories of being aged about seven and my Dad giving my Mum
a shopping trolley as a Christmas present. Even then I thought it
a bit odd.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 08:37:27 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

T i m wrote:
https://images.app.goo.gl/RoWYWntRsh5KEyoi9

Ironically, it was the sort of thing that would have been given to my
Mum as a 'present'.

I have memories of being aged about seven and my Dad giving my Mum
a shopping trolley as a Christmas present. Even then I thought it
a bit odd.

Thinking about it, was it any different to getting 'Dad' power tools
for Xmyth or birthday?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

T i m wrote:
https://images.app.goo.gl/RoWYWntRsh5KEyoi9

Ironically, it was the sort of thing that would have been given to my
Mum as a 'present'.

I have memories of being aged about seven and my Dad giving my Mum
a shopping trolley as a Christmas present. Even then I thought it
a bit odd.

Thinking about it, was it any different to getting 'Dad' power tools
for Xmyth or birthday?

Cheers, T i m

TBF, diy is more fun than grocery shopping.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

T i m wrote:
https://images.app.goo.gl/RoWYWntRsh5KEyoi9

Ironically, it was the sort of thing that would have been given to my
Mum as a 'present'.

I have memories of being aged about seven and my Dad giving my Mum
a shopping trolley as a Christmas present. Even then I thought it
a bit odd.

Thinking about it, was it any different to getting 'Dad' power tools
for Xmyth or birthday?

TBF, diy is more fun than grocery shopping.

Well, true (I did some actual d-i-y with daughter tonight and we got
quite a bit done), but if you do most of the cooking (as I do) then
shopping for that is part of the deal. ;-)

Had to do a bit of hardware shopping on the way .. a few Fisher bolts
and some brackets. That shelving unit isn't falling on anyone. We paid
the same for the bolts and brackets as she paid for the full height,
two bay, solid wood adjustable shelf system on eBay ... and now she's
cleaned it up and repainted all the metal bits, it looks pretty good
and should last a while. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Gtech Airram (Mk2) K9 glitch. T i m UK diy 8 June 30th 19 01:43 PM
Gtech V Dyson cordless? T i m UK diy 21 February 16th 19 09:39 AM
Dyson / Gtech / other (portable cleaner)? T i m UK diy 53 January 9th 18 02:45 PM
Mitsubishi CT-28AV1B LED flashes red then green then goes off and set dead kel-fbs Electronics Repair 4 November 8th 06 03:10 AM
Plasterboard then PVA then skim plaster? The Count UK diy 4 January 30th 06 12:27 AM