Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Motion sensative outside light

I bought an LED outside light less than 3 years ago from Homebase.
It was white and less obtrusive against our white walls.
Recently it started to barely glow.

My electrician, as friend for over 50 years popped i to deliver
something. I showed him the lamp which he had fitted. He laughed and said
'you need to get a new one'. The original came in a sealed unit so
couldn't be repaired.

He will no longer supply them because so many are unreliable. He
mentioned a brand that he claimed was more reliable than most but I could
not find it on the web so purchased one that claimed that it was water-
proof.

I should have come here first and sought advice but I reckon I am losing
it.

--
Mint 19.1, kernel 4.15.0-55-generic, Cinnamon 4.0.9
running on an AMD Phenom II X4 Black edition.