Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Scottish Gas

Scottish gas have informed me by email that they are coming on the 22nd
of August between 8am and 12noon to fit smart gas and lecy
meters....just like that ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2019 13:00, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Scottish gas have informed me by email that they are coming on the 22nd
of August between 8am and 12noon to fit smart gas and lecy
meters....just like that ....

what should I do ? ....bearing in mind if I eventually get an electric
car I might want one....a lecy one that is ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 13:02:15 +0100
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote:

On 06/08/2019 13:00, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Scottish gas have informed me by email that they are coming on the
22nd of August between 8am and 12noon to fit smart gas and lecy
meters....just like that ....

what should I do ? ....bearing in mind if I eventually get an
electric car I might want one....a lecy one that is ....

Inform them by e-mail that you will not be in at that time, nor at any
time of their choosing? I thought that you could refuse to have them
installed, unless you had agreed as part of some tariff deal?

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/08/2019 13:08, Davey wrote:
On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 13:02:15 +0100
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote:

On 06/08/2019 13:00, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Scottish gas have informed me by email that they are coming on the
22nd of August between 8am and 12noon to fit smart gas and lecy
meters....just like that ....

what should I do ? ....bearing in mind if I eventually get an
electric car I might want one....a lecy one that is ....

Inform them by e-mail that you will not be in at that time, nor at any
time of their choosing? I thought that you could refuse to have them
installed, unless you had agreed as part of some tariff deal?

em perhaps I did...I took their boiler cover thingy...which....em...said
I was to contact them within three months to arrange....while back they
said that as I had not contacted them they would put me on another
tarrif.....now this...doubt if they will turn up anyway ....
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote:

On 06/08/2019 13:00, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Scottish gas have informed me by email that they are coming on the
22nd of August between 8am and 12noon to fit smart gas and lecy
meters....just like that ....

what should I do ? ....bearing in mind if I eventually get an
electric car I might want one....a lecy one that is ....

Inform them by e-mail that you will not be in at that time, nor at any
time of their choosing? I thought that you could refuse to have them
installed, unless you had agreed as part of some tariff deal?

em perhaps I did...I took their boiler cover thingy...which....em...said
I was to contact them within three months to arrange....while back they
said that as I had not contacted them they would put me on another
tarrif.....now this...doubt if they will turn up anyway ....

Well you could always switch to someone like Bulb who I believe are
cheaper, wont force a smart on you and will pay your exit fees from SP.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes I think they are attempting to get shot of the old ones in some places
so I'd not touch one with a ten foot pole. I'm still hearing the talking
customer units will be standard in the summer, its now summer the year after
and they now say new year. The makers of this kit need a size 12 boot up the
rear, and I'm sure most energy companies might agree with me candidly. Does
not stop them wanting to get rid of their crap though.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Davey" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 13:02:15 +0100
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote:

On 06/08/2019 13:00, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Scottish gas have informed me by email that they are coming on the
22nd of August between 8am and 12noon to fit smart gas and lecy
meters....just like that ....

what should I do ? ....bearing in mind if I eventually get an
electric car I might want one....a lecy one that is ....

Inform them by e-mail that you will not be in at that time, nor at any
time of their choosing? I thought that you could refuse to have them
installed, unless you had agreed as part of some tariff deal?

--
Davey.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 14:44:15 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Yes I think they are attempting to get shot of the old ones in some places
so I'd not touch one with a ten foot pole. I'm still hearing the talking
customer units will be standard in the summer, its now summer the year after
and they now say new year. The makers of this kit need a size 12 boot up the
rear, and I'm sure most energy companies might agree with me candidly. Does
not stop them wanting to get rid of their crap though.
Brian

Why not offer to host the meters for a monthly rental of £25 each :-)

A friend of my father's used to charge rental for a telegraph pole in
his garden whenever there was a Labour government and stop charging
when there was a Tory government. (This was when the telephone
network was in public ownership.)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Yes I think they are attempting to get shot of the old ones in some places
so I'd not touch one with a ten foot pole. I'm still hearing the talking
customer units will be standard in the summer, its now summer the year after
and they now say new year. The makers of this kit need a size 12 boot up the
rear, and I'm sure most energy companies might agree with me candidly. Does
not stop them wanting to get rid of their crap though.
Brian

Why not offer to host the meters for a monthly rental of £25 each :-)

A friend of my father's used to charge rental for a telegraph pole in
his garden whenever there was a Labour government and stop charging
when there was a Tory government. (This was when the telephone
network was in public ownership.)

Did he get paid?

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Yes I think they are attempting to get shot of the old ones in some places
so I'd not touch one with a ten foot pole. I'm still hearing the talking
customer units will be standard in the summer, its now summer the year after
and they now say new year. The makers of this kit need a size 12 boot up the
rear, and I'm sure most energy companies might agree with me candidly. Does
not stop them wanting to get rid of their crap though.
Brian

Why not offer to host the meters for a monthly rental of £25 each :-)

A friend of my father's used to charge rental for a telegraph pole in
his garden whenever there was a Labour government and stop charging
when there was a Tory government. (This was when the telephone
network was in public ownership.)

Wayleave is still a thing post privatisation, but I doubt there's a
reliable mechanism to pause the payments depending who's in No 10

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote:

[...]

That is an interesting point. I got an email from E.ON saying that a
smart meter was a condition of my tariff. I refused and they have not
pressed the point but I need an escape route. So thank you,

--
Michael Chare

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote:

[...]

I recently had to update my E.on tariff, and the general blurb
describing the different tariffs mentioned something about Smart
Meters, in a throw-away manner, for the cheapest tariff. But when I got
down into the nitty-gritty, then it became clear that I would be
agreeing to have one if I took that particular tariff.
No, thanks.
But it was clear as long as you read the T&Cs, it wasn't hidden.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

E.on put my tariff up about 40% (I squeezed in a really good one just
before last year's price rise, so it was a bit dramatic this year). I
decided on Bulb or So Energy, but picked the latter because it was fixed
for a year. Neither insist on a smart meter.

Amusingly, I got a phone call from E.on trying to get me back ("you are a
valued customer..."). I mentioned the meter and he went a bit quiet. Then
I mentioned the price rise, and he said they have tariffs that "aren't on
the Internet". One of those would be attractive (he said). I said that if
I was really valued, I'd be on that already, and he gave up.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message
On 06/08/2019 13:00, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Scottish gas have informed me by email that they are coming on the 22nd
of August between 8am and 12noon to fit smart gas and lecy meters....just
like that ....

what should I do ? ....

Hang yourself. That'll teach them...

bearing in mind if I eventually get an electric car I might want one....a
lecy one that is ....

Just hang yourself again if that happens.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 7 Aug 2019 12:23:41 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

FLUSH senile asshole's latest troll****

cretin from Oz:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Yes I think they are attempting to get shot of the old ones in some places
so I'd not touch one with a ten foot pole. I'm still hearing the talking
customer units will be standard in the summer, its now summer the year
after
and they now say new year. The makers of this kit need a size 12 boot up
the
rear, and I'm sure most energy companies might agree with me candidly.
Does
not stop them wanting to get rid of their crap though.
Brian

Why not offer to host the meters for a monthly rental of £25 each :-)

A friend of my father's used to charge rental for a telegraph pole in
his garden whenever there was a Labour government and stop charging
when there was a Tory government. (This was when the telephone
network was in public ownership.)

I'd be very surprised if there was ever a year by year opt in for such
payments

Once you have claimed them you get them in perpetuity (until they take the
pole away that is)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Yes I think they are attempting to get shot of the old ones in some places
so I'd not touch one with a ten foot pole. I'm still hearing the talking
customer units will be standard in the summer, its now summer the year after
and they now say new year. The makers of this kit need a size 12 boot up the
rear, and I'm sure most energy companies might agree with me candidly. Does
not stop them wanting to get rid of their crap though.
Brian

Why not offer to host the meters for a monthly rental of £25 each :-)

A friend of my father's used to charge rental for a telegraph pole in
his garden whenever there was a Labour government and stop charging
when there was a Tory government. (This was when the telephone
network was in public ownership.)

Did he get paid?

Yes, I'm sure he did.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 12 Aug 2019 12:41:31 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

This was in the 'old days' when things were more local and more
bureaucratic, before computers. He probably wrote to the Head
Postmaster the day after the election and probably the 'duty' who
dealt with rental payments would get a memo. I expect the individual
was well known to the office.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tim... wrote:

Why not offer to host the meters for a monthly rental of £25 each :-)

A friend of my father's used to charge rental for a telegraph pole in
his garden whenever there was a Labour government and stop charging
when there was a Tory government. (This was when the telephone
network was in public ownership.)

I'd be very surprised if there was ever a year by year opt in for such
payments

Once you have claimed them you get them in perpetuity (until they take the
pole away that is)

Or until a landowner accepts a one off lump sum payment which replaces the
agreement for an annual one.
Often a later owner thinks they should get a payment and is disappointed to
find a previous owner took that option.

GH

Scottish gas soup[_7_] UK diy 19 October 21st 12 04:55 PM
Natural Gas - Pictures and Diagrams of Natural Gas, Natural Gas Furnace, Natural Gas Grill, Natural Gas Heater, Natural Gas Water Heater and Natural Gas Vehicle [email protected] Home Ownership 3 June 18th 07 06:34 AM
Natural Gas - Pictures and Diagrams of Natural Gas, Natural Gas Furnace, Natural Gas Grill, Natural Gas Heater, Natural Gas Water Heater and Natural Gas Vehicle [email protected] Home Repair 1 June 18th 07 05:32 AM
Scottish Power - Nightmare! Now No Gas Bills! [email protected] UK diy 14 January 28th 06 01:10 AM
Scottish Gas ripoff? Jackie UK diy 11 April 16th 04 09:23 PM