Posted to uk.d-i-y
tim... tim... is offline

Default Scottish Gas

"Scott" wrote in message
On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 14:44:15 +0100, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Yes I think they are attempting to get shot of the old ones in some places
so I'd not touch one with a ten foot pole. I'm still hearing the talking
customer units will be standard in the summer, its now summer the year
after
and they now say new year. The makers of this kit need a size 12 boot up
the
rear, and I'm sure most energy companies might agree with me candidly.
Does
not stop them wanting to get rid of their crap though.
Brian

Why not offer to host the meters for a monthly rental of £25 each :-)

A friend of my father's used to charge rental for a telegraph pole in
his garden whenever there was a Labour government and stop charging
when there was a Tory government. (This was when the telephone
network was in public ownership.)

I'd be very surprised if there was ever a year by year opt in for such
payments

Once you have claimed them you get them in perpetuity (until they take the
pole away that is)

tim