Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Scottish Gas

On 06/08/2019 13:12, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
On 06/08/2019 13:08, Davey wrote:
On Tue, 6 Aug 2019 13:02:15 +0100
"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote:

On 06/08/2019 13:00, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Scottish gas have informed me by email that they are coming on the
22nd of August between 8am and 12noon to fit smart gas and lecy
meters....just like that ....

what should I do ? ....bearing in mind if I eventually get an
electric car I might want one....a lecy one that is ....

Inform them by e-mail that you will not be in at that time, nor at any
time of their choosing? I thought that you could refuse to have them
installed, unless you had agreed as part of some tariff deal?

em perhaps I did...I took their boiler cover thingy...which....em...said
I was to contact them within three months to arrange....while back they
said that as I had not contacted them they would put me on another
tarrif.....now this...doubt if they will turn up anyway ....

Well you could always switch to someone like Bulb who I believe are
cheaper, wont force a smart on you and will pay your exit fees from SP.