Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Diagnosing electric shower fault

Hello,

I have a Triton T80xr electric shower which has stopped supplying hot
water. In other words, whenever I use it the water is cold. Before this,
there was a bit of iffiness and sometimes when the dial was set to 6 the
water would be very hot and I would turn it to 5 and then back up to 6 and
it would be reasonably hot as required. The on light on the unit still
comes on, so it is still getting power.

Does this sound like a faulty power selector (replaceable, part S12121003,
available new)? I haven't had the front off yet but would be grateful for
some advice on what to look for or test.

Many thanks!

Harry
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harold Davis wrote:

Hello,

I have a Triton T80xr electric shower which has stopped supplying hot
water. In other words, whenever I use it the water is cold. Before this,
there was a bit of iffiness and sometimes when the dial was set to 6 the
water would be very hot and I would turn it to 5 and then back up to 6 and
it would be reasonably hot as required. The on light on the unit still
comes on, so it is still getting power.

Does this sound like a faulty power selector (replaceable, part S12121003,
available new)? I haven't had the front off yet but would be grateful for
some advice on what to look for or test.

Many thanks!

Harry

The main element might be open circuit, or one of them if there is more
than one. A pressure or temperature sensor might be faulty. Or there
might be a fault on the control board. Or the flow valve. As well as
the part you mention. Further testing would be a good idea before
investing in a new part. Also checking no obstruction the water supply
or kinking of the outlet hose (they can fray inside). I just found a
troubleshooting guide although it does not include running cold, just
your "too hot" symptoms.

http://www.triton-spares.co.uk/trito...ectric-shower/

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 05 Aug 2019 10:28:36 +0000, Harold Davis wrote:

Hello,

I have a Triton T80xr electric shower which has stopped supplying hot
water. In other words, whenever I use it the water is cold. Before this,
there was a bit of iffiness and sometimes when the dial was set to 6 the
water would be very hot and I would turn it to 5 and then back up to 6
and it would be reasonably hot as required. The on light on the unit
still comes on, so it is still getting power.

Generally, it is not worth repairing cheap electric showers. They are
~£80 new, far easier to just replace it, than repalce a part that may or
may not be faulty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 5 August 2019 11:28:38 UTC+1, Harold Davis wrote:
Hello,

I have a Triton T80xr electric shower which has stopped supplying hot
water. In other words, whenever I use it the water is cold. Before this,
there was a bit of iffiness and sometimes when the dial was set to 6 the
water would be very hot and I would turn it to 5 and then back up to 6 and
it would be reasonably hot as required. The on light on the unit still
comes on, so it is still getting power.

Does this sound like a faulty power selector (replaceable, part S12121003,
available new)? I haven't had the front off yet but would be grateful for
some advice on what to look for or test.

Many thanks!

Harry

might be the switch, might be some connection inside. Only way to find out is open it, with power off of course.

NT