Posted to uk.d-i-y
Harold Davis Harold Davis is offline

Default Diagnosing electric shower fault

Hello,

I have a Triton T80xr electric shower which has stopped supplying hot
water. In other words, whenever I use it the water is cold. Before this,
there was a bit of iffiness and sometimes when the dial was set to 6 the
water would be very hot and I would turn it to 5 and then back up to 6 and
it would be reasonably hot as required. The on light on the unit still
comes on, so it is still getting power.

Does this sound like a faulty power selector (replaceable, part S12121003,
available new)? I haven't had the front off yet but would be grateful for
some advice on what to look for or test.

Many thanks!

Harry