Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Assembling a three-seater sofa

Bert Coules explained :
I imagine that the weight of the end unit would prevent much movement anyway:
it just - as I say - struck me as slightly surprising.

The idea is just to make the individual parts stay together and yes,
they are very heavy indeed, even in their separate parts. I cannot move
our two seater, without some help.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Harry, thanks for that. I've just been looking again and I can't see any
way of tightening the fit. It does seem a little strange though that the
play is only at one end - but the fact that the fixings are different from
those at the other end certainly suggests that it's a deliberate design
feature.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bert Coules wrote:
Harry, thanks for that. I've just been looking again and I can't see
any way of tightening the fit. It does seem a little strange though
that the play is only at one end - but the fact that the fixings are
different from those at the other end certainly suggests that it's a
deliberate design feature.

It is quite likely that the original sofa was purchased from some paki shop
on some ****ty industrial estate and sold on to you. Sold on because it was
not fit for purpose. My late wife bought from these arseholes against my
wishes, I was working at the time. The arseholes would not even take the
cardboard away. The furniture fell apart within 18 months, it cost over £1k.
A telephone call always got the same response ...... "De boss is not here".
I am not racist, I just hate the paki ****s.

Difference between "Sofa Man" and a sofa? Doug Miller[_4_] Home Repair 0 July 10th 12 11:44 PM
3-seater leather sofas Jo UK diy 6 October 1st 06 11:44 AM
When is a 2 seater bench not a 2 seater bench? Ed UK diy 12 May 11th 05 02:50 PM
ADIRONDACK TWO-SEATER ROCKING CHAIR J T Woodworking 0 January 5th 05 10:14 AM
Help wanted in (re) assembling throttle linkage on Kohler engine [email protected] UK diy 3 July 28th 03 04:31 PM