Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Noise early on a sunday, and why we cannot make silent tools

Now with all the great strides in technology, how is it that sawing up wood
for flooring is still mechanical and not done by a handy black and decker
laser device?
A friend of mine had to vacate this morning since the neighbour has a
tradesperson in fitting a new floor in their kitchen and cutting stuff up
outside at 8am. Now I'm sure one could complain to the council and cause a
lot of bad feelings and the job would probably be over by the time anyone
got their bums off the ground to serve them with a noise abatement order,
but as I say, almost everything techy these days has become small and
powerful and cordless drills etc abound, but nobody seems to have found a
silent way to drill or cut stuff.
Brian

--
----- --