Paul F

Default Bosch dishwasher

Hi,

I have a Bosch dishwasher (SGS5312). Last week, the upper spray arm
fell-off. Inside the base of the spray arm assembly is a rubber seal
that fits around a pair of water inlets coming from a vertical water
pipe at the back of the machine. I am unable to get this to fit back
together - there is nothing to keep it in place.

Thinking a part may have been lost, I obtained a spare spray head &
arm from BSH. The rubber seal is tighter than the old one, but there
is still not enough grip to hold the spray arm horizontal below the
upper tray - it won't support itself, and would fall under its' own
weight.

What am I missing here? It is not apparent from the digram on the BSH
website that there is anything extra to hold the arm in place. What am
I looking for? Surely it doesn't need to be glued in place?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks/Paul
Lobster

"Paul F" wrote in message
om...

I have a Bosch dishwasher (SGS5312). Last week, the upper spray arm
fell-off. Inside the base of the spray arm assembly is a rubber seal
that fits around a pair of water inlets coming from a vertical water
pipe at the back of the machine. I am unable to get this to fit back
together - there is nothing to keep it in place.

Thinking a part may have been lost, I obtained a spare spray head &
arm from BSH. The rubber seal is tighter than the old one, but there
is still not enough grip to hold the spray arm horizontal below the
upper tray - it won't support itself, and would fall under its' own
weight.

What am I missing here? It is not apparent from the digram on the BSH
website that there is anything extra to hold the arm in place. What am
I looking for? Surely it doesn't need to be glued in place?

I have a Bosch, albeit not the same model, but it sounds quite similar
(ish). In my case the spray arm is retained by a circular knob which fits
underneath - fit the spray arm, introduce the knob, push it upwards to
engage on the spindle, then rotate it to lock in place. No seals involved
anwhere here though. Don't know if that helps at all?

David