Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default M62 Speed Cameras?

On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 08:07:59 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Be careful along the M1 Derby/Nottingham area.

J21 to J26 is the stretch I'm most familiar with

Doesn't mean a lot to me, only go that far south if I'm getting at
least two days.

These are active when the variable speed limit isn't.

Fact or rumour?

Observation, flashes from opposite carriageway looking in mirror at
gantry no variable speed limit.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 08:07:59 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Be careful along the M1 Derby/Nottingham area.

J21 to J26 is the stretch I'm most familiar with

Doesn't mean a lot to me, only go that far south if I'm getting at
least two days.

These are active when the variable speed limit isn't.

Fact or rumour?

Observation, flashes from opposite carriageway looking in mirror at
gantry no variable speed limit.

perhaps the cars were doing more than 70mph. Quite a few do and often a lot
more.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 11/06/2019 19:54, charles wrote:
In article l.net,
Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 08:07:59 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Be careful along the M1 Derby/Nottingham area.

J21 to J26 is the stretch I'm most familiar with

Doesn't mean a lot to me, only go that far south if I'm getting at
least two days.

These are active when the variable speed limit isn't.

Fact or rumour?

Observation, flashes from opposite carriageway looking in mirror at
gantry no variable speed limit.

perhaps the cars were doing more than 70mph. Quite a few do and often a lot
more.

That would be me. Cruise control set to 86MPH when possible. And a lot
faster than 86MPH when needed.

--

Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message l.net,
Dave Liquorice writes
On Sun, 9 Jun 2019 08:07:59 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Be careful along the M1 Derby/Nottingham area.

J21 to J26 is the stretch I'm most familiar with

Doesn't mean a lot to me, only go that far south if I'm getting at
least two days.

These are active when the variable speed limit isn't.

Fact or rumour?

Observation, flashes from opposite carriageway looking in mirror at
gantry no variable speed limit.

On the M5 today, I was driving along at 70, and I was overtaken by
someone doing probably about 80 just as I went under a gantry, and I
spotted two flashes from above. No restrictions were displayed on the
gantry.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceieved SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Terry Casey wrote:

I thought that none of the Gatsos were operational anymore,
due to the special film they use no longer being available?

No reason why the speed detector and flash gun portions can't
still be left running as a deterrent, of course!

The HADECS cameras don't use film, they're digital, but still have a
visible flash.

Not speed cameras, but I think a lot of the replacement red light
cameras here have changed from film+visible flash to digital+IR flash.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/06/2019 19:00, ARW wrote:
one day a kid (probably one that had his MMR jab) threw a fit on the
pavement when he walked passed the car because the number plate did not
match the reg on the tax disc.

The reg ended in UDB but the number plate said UBD.

I got arrested for that once.

Tax disc said FORD but the van was a BEDFORD

Number plate was OK though. It did fall off on the way to Glastonbury -
the first one - though.

--
Of what good are dead warriors? €¦ Warriors are those who desire battle
more than peace. Those who seek battle despite peace. Those who thump

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , The Natural Philosopher
writes
On 12/06/2019 19:00, ARW wrote:
one day a kid (probably one that had his MMR jab) threw a fit on the
pavement when he walked passed the car because the number plate did
not match the reg on the tax disc.
The reg ended in UDB but the number plate said UBD.

I got arrested for that once.

Tax disc said FORD but the van was a BEDFORD

Number plate was OK though. It did fall off on the way to Glastonbury -
the first one - though.

Variation on that, a (sadly long since departed) friend had a car where
the reg on the front was different to the one on the back (e.g. AAB and
ABB) when supplied new. This was sorted out by the dealer very quickly,
but not before they'd supplied a plate to go on the trailer.
Unfortunately the trailer plate had the wrong version on.

Fast forward several years, and whilst towing through North Wales, he
got pulled up by the local plods. As he driven past a road end, the
eagle eyed plod had spotted the difference in the two plates. After a
short bit of advice ("sort it out") he was sent on his way.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
replace "diy" with "news" and reverse the domain

If you are reading this from a web interface eg DIY Banter,
DIY Forum or Google Groups, please be aware this is NOT a forum, and
you are merely using a web portal to a USENET group. Many people block
posters coming from web portals due to perceieved SPAM or inaneness.
For a better method of access, please see:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian" wrote in message
Variation on that, a (sadly long since departed) friend had a car where
the reg on the front was different to the one on the back (e.g. AAB and
ABB) when supplied new. This was sorted out by the dealer very quickly,
but not before they'd supplied a plate to go on the trailer. Unfortunately
the trailer plate had the wrong version on.

Fast forward several years, and whilst towing through North Wales, he got
pulled up by the local plods. As he driven past a road end, the eagle
eyed plod had spotted the difference in the two plates. After a short bit
of advice ("sort it out") he was sent on his way.

Nice bit of observation by the plods.

I wonder how often policemen and traffic wardens do that sort of check -
probably on parked cars - as they are passing on other business. It was said
that when tax discs were abolished, it stopped police and traffic wardens
doing a cursory check on cars that they were passing to make sure that a)
the car had a tax disc rather than a beer label, and b) that the tax disc
was for the right car make/reg. Nowadays they have to have reasonable
suspicion (rather than just routine check) to do a PNC check to make sure
that a car is taxed, insured and (if necessary) MOTed.

My tax disc once fell off the window as I was driving along, and a few
seconds later a policeman walked out into the road to stop me for failure to
display. I was able to show him the disc on the dashboard, with the holder
still wet with my spit where I'd attached it after replacing the old disc
with the new one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
djc djc is offline

On 13/06/2019 15:58, NY wrote:
)
that the tax disc was for the right car make/reg. Nowadays they have to
have reasonable suspicion (rather than just routine check) to do a PNC
check to make sure that a car is taxed, insured and (if necessary) MOTed.

They may need 'reasonable suspicion' to stop you but with APNR the check
is automatic. (Besides which anyone can check Tax/Ins/MOT online)

--
djc

(–€Ì¿Ä¹Ì¯–€Ì¿ Ì¿)
No low-hanging fruit, just a lot of small berries up a tall tree.