Tony Halmarack

Default Ladder wanted

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 16:34:03 GMT, "Vernon"
wrote:

Trying to find the best price and place to buy an extension ladder for my
parents. They want something like a double extension with a 150kg rating,
and 6m (20ft) total length.

Have found some ladders at midland ladders and these look ok. 20ft ladder is
£78 inc delivery

Anywhere else we could look, and or recommendations.

thanks

I did a similar search about a year ago and found the best deal was
at Wickes. Things may have changed since though.
--
Tony Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.

John Rumm

Tony Halmarack wrote:

I did a similar search about a year ago and found the best deal was
at Wickes. Things may have changed since though.

Last time I looked at the Wicks ones they were all DIY rather than trade
rated... hence a bit too flimsy for those of us of more substantial stature!

--
Cheers,

John.

Tony Halmarack

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 19:26:28 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Tony Halmarack wrote:

I did a similar search about a year ago and found the best deal was
at Wickes. Things may have changed since though.

Last time I looked at the Wicks ones they were all DIY rather than trade
rated... hence a bit too flimsy for those of us of more substantial stature!

Perhaps you were looking on the wrong shelf. I have a pair of these
new fangled varifocals and I saw several trade quality ladders at
Wickes. At least one of these was a 3 section job with a 9.32 max
working height. It's very chunky and if it'll support a fat *******
like me, it'll prolly support one of a more substantial stature too,
even if the nature of that substantiality is veering toward the
obscenely gross
--
Tony Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.
John Rumm

Tony Halmarack wrote:

like me, it'll prolly support one of a more substantial stature too,
even if the nature of that substantiality is veering toward the
obscenely gross

Fairy snuff... I will have another look at our local one since I could
do with upgrading my one sometime soon (bought one big enough to reach
the top of the house, and then made the house taller - Doh!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Tony Halmarack

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 20:31:44 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Tony Halmarack wrote:

like me, it'll prolly support one of a more substantial stature too,
even if the nature of that substantiality is veering toward the
obscenely gross

Fairy snuff... I will have another look at our local one since I could
do with upgrading my one sometime soon (bought one big enough to reach
the top of the house, and then made the house taller - Doh!)

You sound like one of these ladderholics to me. Soon as you get hold
of as longer ladder, you'll just do the same again. You rung the
helpline I hope.
--
Tony Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.
Alex

Tony Halmarack wrote:

.. You rung the
helpline I hope.
--
Tony Halmarack

Oh dear oh dear!!

Alex

Andy Hall

wrote:

Tony Halmarack wrote:

like me, it'll prolly support one of a more substantial stature too,
even if the nature of that substantiality is veering toward the
obscenely gross

Fairy snuff... I will have another look at our local one since I could
do with upgrading my one sometime soon (bought one big enough to reach
the top of the house, and then made the house taller - Doh!)

You sound like one of these ladderholics to me. Soon as you get hold
of as longer ladder, you'll just do the same again. You rung the
helpline I hope.

*rung* the help line?? That doesn't sound like his stile so we
should tread carefully

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
John Rumm

Andy Hall wrote:

*rung* the help line?? That doesn't sound like his stile so we
should tread carefully

Perhaps we should stay away from this thread - you know stand-off a bit,
take a few steps back... save climbing all over it.

--
Cheers,

John.

Rick Dipper

wrote:

Trying to find the best price and place to buy an extension ladder for my
parents. They want something like a double extension with a 150kg rating,
and 6m (20ft) total length.

Have found some ladders at midland ladders and these look ok. 20ft ladder is
£78 inc delivery

Anywhere else we could look, and or recommendations.

thanks

I got a 20 foot scaffold for a hundred, much safer

Rick

Tony Halmarack

wrote:

Tony Halmarack wrote:

like me, it'll prolly support one of a more substantial stature too,
even if the nature of that substantiality is veering toward the
obscenely gross

Fairy snuff... I will have another look at our local one since I could
do with upgrading my one sometime soon (bought one big enough to reach
the top of the house, and then made the house taller - Doh!)

You sound like one of these ladderholics to me. Soon as you get hold
of as longer ladder, you'll just do the same again. You rung the
helpline I hope.

*rung* the help line?? That doesn't sound like his stile so we
should tread carefully

No real problem to be harnessed.
--
Tony Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.
Tony Halmarack

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 00:33:15 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

*rung* the help line?? That doesn't sound like his stile so we
should tread carefully

Perhaps we should stay away from this thread - you know stand-off a bit,
take a few steps back... save climbing all over it.

There seems to be rather a lot of "We-ing" going on from the top of
this ladder thread. I know John Rumm was thinking of "splashing out"
but doing it from such a lofty position might be considered a little
anti-social.
--
Tony Halmarack

Drop the EGG to email me.