Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default short length buried cable tape

I will only be burying a short length of SWA (less than a metre) below ground where it goes from the cable run under a path and into the garage.

From the electrical suppliers (Coventry) where can I buy a short length cut from a roll for a few pence ?

Thanks,
Simon.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
sm_jamieson wrote:
I will only be burying a short length of SWA (less than a metre) below
ground where it goes from the cable run under a path and into the garage.

From the electrical suppliers (Coventry) where can I buy a short length
cut from a roll for a few pence ?

TLC sell SWA by the metre, but their nearest branch to you is Luton. But,
they do mail order. 2 core is only 102p per metre for 2.5mm.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 3 June 2019 16:20:35 UTC+1, sm_jamieson wrote:
I will only be burying a short length of SWA (less than a metre)
below ground where it goes from the cable run under a path and
into the garage.
From the electrical suppliers (Coventry) where can I buy a short
length cut from a roll for a few pence ?

If it's visible each side of the path (goes down, across, and up again on walls) I probably wouldn't bother.

Anyway, Ebay, from 99p metre postage free.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...tape&_ sop=15

Owain
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
sm_jamieson writes
I will only be burying a short length of SWA (less than a metre) below
ground where it goes from the cable run under a path and into the
garage.

From the electrical suppliers (Coventry) where can I buy a short length
cut from a roll for a few pence ?

There is a roll in my barn:-)

You could hover outside your nearest cable supplier and beg some from
the first white van that turns up.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/06/2019 16:20, sm_jamieson wrote:
I will only be burying a short length of SWA (less than a metre)
below ground where it goes from the cable run under a path and into
the garage.

From the electrical suppliers (Coventry) where can I buy a short
length cut from a roll for a few pence ?

TLC will do tape by the metre.

--
Cheers,

John.