Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default British Restaurants

Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British Restaurants?...I
have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the 60's
but I'm not sure....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes
Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British Restaurants?...I
have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the 60's
but I'm not sure....

Pictures taken during war, or restaurants which existed during the war?
Internal or external views? Which war? WWII?
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graeme" wrote in message
In message , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes
Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British Restaurants?...I
have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the
60's
but I'm not sure....

Pictures taken during war, or restaurants which existed during the war?
Internal or external views? Which war? WWII?

external ww2 thanks or what remained after the war ....got an external one
of a British restaurants in Argyle st Glasgow after ww2

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jim GM4DHJ ..." wrote in message

"Graeme" wrote in message
In message , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes
Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British
Restaurants?...I
have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the
60's
but I'm not sure....

Pictures taken during war, or restaurants which existed during the war?
Internal or external views? Which war? WWII?

external ww2 thanks or what remained after the war ....got an external one
of a British restaurants in Argyle st Glasgow after ww2

https://www.1900s.org.uk/1940s-briti...xperiences.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... was thinking very hard :
"Graeme" wrote in message
In message , Jim GM4DHJ ...
writes
Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British Restaurants?...I
have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the 60's
but I'm not sure....

Pictures taken during war, or restaurants which existed during the war?
Internal or external views? Which war? WWII?

external ww2 thanks or what remained after the war ....got an external one of
a British restaurants in Argyle st Glasgow after ww2

Some here..

http://www.leodis.net/discovery/disc...3611_158596218

and here -
http://www.leodis.net/searchResults....W=1&CURRPAGE=1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/06/2019 06:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British Restaurants?...I
have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the 60's
but I'm not sure....

Googling 'British Restaurants WW2 images' came up with a few sites with
images:

https://www.burtonlatimer.info/war/b...estaurant.html

http://leodiscollections.net/collection/9

(the Nissan hut in the third image on the second row)

and from the same site you linked to (at the bottom of the page):

https://www.1900s.org.uk/1940s-british-restaurants.htm

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 2 Jun 2019 06:22:07 +0100, "Jim GM4DHJ ..."
wrote:

Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British Restaurants?...I
have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the 60's
but I'm not sure....

I found the following Facebook groups that might be of interest:
Glasgow Historical Society
Dear Auld Glasgow Toon
Memories of Old Glasgow
Glasgow Memories
Lost Glasgow group
--
Dave W
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 02 Jun 2019 10:27:33 +0100, Dave W wrote:

I found the following Facebook groups that might be of interest:
Glasgow Historical Society Dear Auld Glasgow Toon Memories of Old
Glasgow Glasgow Memories Lost Glasgow group

Dear Auld Glasgee Toon

Fixed it for you.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 6/2/2019 10:32 AM, Chris wrote:
On Sun, 02 Jun 2019 10:27:33 +0100, Dave W wrote:

I found the following Facebook groups that might be of interest:
Glasgow Historical Society Dear Auld Glasgow Toon Memories of Old
Glasgow Glasgow Memories Lost Glasgow group

Dear Auld Glasgee Toon

Fixed it for you.

Dear Auld Glesga Toon.

Fixed it for you.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British Restaurants?...I
have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the 60's
but I'm not sure....

The National Milk Bar in Machynlleth only closed in the last ten years
or so, but I haven't got a picture.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British
Restaurants?...I
have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the
60's
but I'm not sure....

The National Milk Bar in Machynlleth only closed in the last ten years
or so, but I haven't got a picture.

seen that one...there were a few in Wales.....my fav milk bar was on Bute at
Rothesay......loved it in the 60's......but I have a fascination with
British Restaurants......probably because of the one in Glasgow......wonder
when they closed down after WW2? ......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 2 June 2019 12:55:52 UTC+1, Roger Hayter wrote:
The National Milk Bar in Machynlleth only closed in the last ten years
or so, but I haven't got a picture.

Aberystwyth was the last-but-one to close in 2010

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-12038590

ffotos yma

http://www.theresposh.com/NMB/trips/TPNW06/TPNW06.html

http://www.theresposh.com/NMB/

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/06/2019 12:55, Roger Hayter wrote:
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:

Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British Restaurants?...I
have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the 60's
but I'm not sure....

The National Milk Bar in Machynlleth only closed in the last ten years
or so, but I haven't got a picture.

Shame the Brexit party didn't pay a visit to that town,
they'd have done a roaring trade. :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Sunday, 2 June 2019 12:55:52 UTC+1, Roger Hayter wrote:
The National Milk Bar in Machynlleth only closed in the last ten years
or so, but I haven't got a picture.

Aberystwyth was the last-but-one to close in 2010

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-12038590

ffotos yma

http://www.theresposh.com/NMB/trips/TPNW06/TPNW06.html

http://www.theresposh.com/NMB/

Owain

Fascinating. Some of the other shops in the pics have closed too, now.
Plenty of charity shops though.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/06/2019 06:22, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British Restaurants?...I
have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the 60's

Might be some he

https://www.francisfrith.com/uk/search

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 2 June 2019 06:22:12 UTC+1, Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Anybody know where I can find pictures of wartime British Restaurants?...I
have one of one in Glasgow which I think I remember being there in the 60's
but I'm not sure....

Try:
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/inde...sh+restaurants

You might be able to refine the search terms but even in that there are some from WWII.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 3 Jun 2019 07:44:11 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

The National Milk Bar in Machynlleth only closed in the last ten years
or so, but I haven't got a picture.

http://www.theresposh.com/NMB/trips/TPNW06/TPNW06.html

**** off from normally evolved humans' ngs, senile psychopath!

little ignorant ****."