Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Sorting rust

Hi all

I have an old trailer which has a fair amount of surface rust on the chassis where the original paint has come off. I have it propped against a wall now so thought I might as well have a go at fixing it. The floor is also a bit poor so will look to replace that too.

I have been recommended to
- wire brush most of the rust off
- use Kurust on what's left
- cover it all in waxoyl

Any other / better suggestions? I used waxoyl years ago and seem to recall it just stays as a grease like substance. May not work so well on the top surface of the chassis below the new floor as it will squeeze it out and if the floor is wood maybe stain the wood?

Thanks

Lee.

Sorting gravel from soil? N8N Home Repair 22 April 10th 07 11:50 AM
Sorting dip in garage roof andy UK diy 0 October 5th 06 01:55 PM
Sorting out that DRIP at home - from the horse's mouth [email protected] Home Repair 9 July 24th 06 01:06 AM
Sorting discs by weight Dave Hinz Metalworking 13 April 19th 06 05:14 PM
Sorting & storage of Capacitors west Electronics 0 July 28th 05 04:22 PM