Posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

Default Sorting rust

On 2019-05-28 10:21 a.m., Lee Nowell wrote:
Hi all

I have an old trailer which has a fair amount of surface rust on the chassis where the original paint has come off. I have it propped against a wall now so thought I might as well have a go at fixing it. The floor is also a bit poor so will look to replace that too.

I have been recommended to
- wire brush most of the rust off
- use Kurust on what's left
- cover it all in waxoyl

Any other / better suggestions? I used waxoyl years ago and seem to recall it just stays as a grease like substance. May not work so well on the top surface of the chassis below the new floor as it will squeeze it out and if the floor is wood maybe stain the wood?

Thanks

Lee.

sand blast it