Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Peeler and Speed

What is this vendetta all about, it is boring and impinges on the flow
of articles. Sigh, I guess i will be on the hate packet now! Oh well I
have a thick skin.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Broadback wrote:
What is this vendetta all about, it is boring and impinges on the flow
of articles. Sigh, I guess i will be on the hate packet now! Oh well I
have a thick skin.

Killfile them both and move on. Theyre probably one and the same person.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 May 2019 08:36:39 +0100, Broadback wrote:

What is this vendetta all about, it is boring and impinges on the flow
of articles. Sigh, I guess i will be on the hate packet now! Oh well I
have a thick skin.

Anyone who's been on Usenet for an extended period of time needs a thick
skin or will have had to grow one. It's not a suitable environment for
easily "triggered" snowflakes.

--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/2019 08:36, Broadback wrote:
What is this vendetta all about, it is boring and impinges on the flow
of articles. Sigh, I guess i will be on the hate packet now! Oh well I
have a thick skin.

There is nothing satisfying than seeing two trolls arguing with each
other on their own levels.

Another pair is P Hucker currently Commander Kinsey and Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq, presumably himself, arguing at their own
childish level.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/2019 08:36, Broadback wrote:
What is this vendetta all about, it is boring and impinges on the flow
of articles. Sigh, I guess i will be on the hate packet now! Oh well I
have a thick skin.

sensible people have them both killfiled

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/2019 10:55, Fredxx wrote:
On 26/05/2019 08:36, Broadback wrote:
What is this vendetta all about, it is boring and impinges on the flow
of articles. Sigh, I guess i will be on the hate packet now! Oh well I
have a thick skin.

There is nothing satisfying than seeing two trolls arguing with each
other on their own levels.

Another pair is P Hucker currently Commander Kinsey and Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq, presumably himself, arguing at their own
childish level.

For thunderbird users, this is trivial to fix.

Tools-Message filters, create new filter called "Village Idiots" or
something similar, and set a filter with a "Match any of the following"
logic. Now add as many lines as you need to specify all the posters. Set
the "perform these actions" to "Delete Message".

Bingo, they vanish, rest of the thread left intact.

If you prefer to see them in place, but don't want to read them, use an
action of "Mark as Read", then if you skip to the next article with "n"
you won't see them.

In fact with creative filter use, you could create some of the regular
posters to this group! :-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/2019 14:59, John Rumm wrote:
[...]

You make it sound easy, I do not fine it so! :-(
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 May 2019 10:55:50 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 26/05/2019 08:36, Broadback wrote:
What is this vendetta all about, it is boring and impinges on the flow
of articles. Sigh, I guess i will be on the hate packet now! Oh well I
have a thick skin.

sensible people have them both killfiled

"Sensible", it says! Oh, that distorted self-image you senile idiots keep
suffering from! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 May 2019 10:55:27 +0100, Fredxx, the notorious smartass, wrote:

There is nothing satisfying than seeing two trolls arguing with each
other on their own levels.

Another pair is P Hucker currently Commander Kinsey and Archibald
Tarquin Blenkinsopp Esq, presumably himself, arguing at their own
childish level.

Now that's even dumber than anyone would have naturally expected from you,
smartass! LOL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Fredxx" wrote in message
On 26/05/2019 08:36, Broadback wrote:
What is this vendetta all about, it is boring and impinges on the flow of
articles. Sigh, I guess i will be on the hate packet now! Oh well I have
a thick skin.

There is nothing satisfying than seeing two trolls arguing with each other
on their own levels.

Except that I never ever say anything to that fool at all.

Another pair is P Hucker currently Commander Kinsey and Archibald Tarquin
Blenkinsopp Esq, presumably himself, arguing at their own childish level.

Corse you never do anything like that yourself, eh ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 26 May 2019 14:59:46 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

For thunderbird users, this is trivial to fix.

Only fix is for you seniles in this thread is to get more packs of hankies!
BG
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/2019 17:25, Broadback wrote:
[...]

I have glossed over one assumption - that you have the menu bar turned
on. If you don't then "Message Filters" are on their own entry in the
"hamburger" menu on the right hand side of the thunderbird tabs bar.

Would it help if I did a wiki page on setting up filters?

(there is already some info in the Newsgroup Access Tips article)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 27 May 2019 03:16:07 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rodent

There is nothing satisfying than seeing two trolls arguing with each other
on their own levels.

Except that I never ever say anything to that fool at all.

You forgot to change nym, senile asshole troll! ISTR that your "Rot Speed"
handle is in Fred's killfile!

Another pair is P Hucker currently Commander Kinsey and Archibald Tarquin
Blenkinsopp Esq, presumably himself, arguing at their own childish level.

Corse you never do anything like that yourself, eh ?

He certainly is no nym-shifting trolling senile asshole like you, senile
Rodent!

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/2019 09:39, Tim+ wrote:
Broadback wrote:
What is this vendetta all about, it is boring and impinges on the flow
of articles. Sigh, I guess i will be on the hate packet now! Oh well I
have a thick skin.

Killfile them both and move on. Theyre probably one and the same person.

Tim

Until late last year I didn't use a killfile at all, accepting the odd
annoyances, but since then the number and rate of posts just having a go
at people, trolling or the like has increased massively and my killfile
is growing.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/2019 20:44, John Rumm wrote:
[...]

Or right click on the sender's address in the from line and click
"Create filter from" in the context menu that appears.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/05/2019 22:10, Steve Walker wrote:
[...]

Yup that also works.

Sometimes I find it useful to simply create one filter for a class of
posters, rather than individual ones for each. Also slightly "softer"
matching of poster addresses can be useful - so rather than message
comes "from" an exact email address, match on a sender address that
"contains" a partial match.

e.g. "from" "contains" @diybanter.com will match all diybanter posters.

--
Cheers,