Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default bus lanes

They seem to be optimised as yet another money making scheme from
motorists, via fines. Which is why so many simply keep out of them at all
times. Unless you actually know the road, the signs saying the times in
use seem to be designed to make reading them as difficult as possible.

On one major route near here, they changed from morning only rush hour, to
morning and evening, and then to 24/7 And from 5 to six days in the week.
And the signs usually only at the start of that lane, in amongst all the
other signs, etc.

--
*I want it all and I want it delivered

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

They seem to be optimised as yet another money making scheme from
motorists, via fines. Which is why so many simply keep out of them at all
times. Unless you actually know the road, the signs saying the times in
use seem to be designed to make reading them as difficult as possible.

There should be a gadget in the car that detects whether there actually
is a bus nearby. If not, then it should be legal to use the lane and
actually reduce congestion....

On some routes bus companies don't operate enough bus routes to warrant
having their bus lanes.

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/04/2019 13:05, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
There should be a gadget in the car that detects whether there actually
is a bus nearby. If not, then it should be legal to use the lane and
actually reduce congestion....

On some routes bus companies don't operate enough bus routes to warrant
having their bus lanes.

We've some fragments of bus lane in our town. Apparently it was the only
way of getting some 'government' money to resurface.

So where there were 2 lanes of road at a busy interchange there's now
one. Traffic wanting to carry on straight has to pointlessly queue with
right turning traffic while a clear stretch of road winks at you from
the left.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
They seem to be optimised as yet another money making scheme from
motorists, via fines. Which is why so many simply keep out of them at all
times. Unless you actually know the road, the signs saying the times in
use seem to be designed to make reading them as difficult as possible.

On one major route near here, they changed from morning only rush hour, to
morning and evening, and then to 24/7 And from 5 to six days in the week.
And the signs usually only at the start of that lane, in amongst all the
other signs, etc.

there was a wummin that went down a bus gate and she got off with it because
she was some professional cognitive expert and she proved there were too
many signs and nothing about bus gates in the highway code.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian Caspersz" wrote in message
They seem to be optimised as yet another money making scheme from
motorists, via fines. Which is why so many simply keep out of them at all
times. Unless you actually know the road, the signs saying the times in
use seem to be designed to make reading them as difficult as possible.

There should be a gadget in the car that detects whether there actually is
a bus nearby. If not, then it should be legal to use the lane and actually
reduce congestion....

On some routes bus companies don't operate enough bus routes to warrant
having their bus lanes.

what about bikes etc?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"R D S" wrote in message
On 21/04/2019 13:05, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
There should be a gadget in the car that detects whether there actually
is a bus nearby. If not, then it should be legal to use the lane and
actually reduce congestion....

On some routes bus companies don't operate enough bus routes to warrant
having their bus lanes.

We've some fragments of bus lane in our town. Apparently it was the only
way of getting some 'government' money to resurface.

So where there were 2 lanes of road at a busy interchange there's now one.
Traffic wanting to carry on straight has to pointlessly queue with right
turning traffic while a clear stretch of road winks at you from the left.

*******s...but wouldn't stop some wummin' ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
They seem to be optimised as yet another money making scheme from
motorists, via fines. Which is why so many simply keep out of them at all
times. Unless you actually know the road, the signs saying the times in
use seem to be designed to make reading them as difficult as possible.

On one major route near here, they changed from morning only rush hour, to
morning and evening, and then to 24/7 And from 5 to six days in the week.
And the signs usually only at the start of that lane, in amongst all the
other signs, etc.

I stay out of them at all times! Firstly the signs are invisible to
strangers, particularly after dark. The other reason is that people park
outside the house/shop blocking the inside lane anyway.

I'd be pleased if you could arrange those in Islington to be all traffic
and no parking after 7.30pm:-)

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

They seem to be optimised as yet another money making scheme from
motorists, via fines. Which is why so many simply keep out of them at all
times. Unless you actually know the road, the signs saying the times in
use seem to be designed to make reading them as difficult as possible.

On one major route near here, they changed from morning only rush hour, to
morning and evening, and then to 24/7 And from 5 to six days in the week.
And the signs usually only at the start of that lane, in amongst all the
other signs, etc.

Another reason for bus lanes is simply to throttle traffic, to even out
the congestion along the route.

Similarly, I've seen cycle lanes purely introduced to reduce from 2
lanes to one at a junction.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/04/2019 13:39, Not so dozy Jim ... wrote:
*******s...but wouldn't stop some wummin' ...

There's a camera too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/04/2019 15:57, Fredxx wrote:
They seem to be optimised as yet another money making scheme from
motorists, via fines. Which is why so many simply keep out of them at all
times. Unless you actually know the road, the signs saying the times in
use seem to be designed to make reading them as difficult as possible.

On one major route near here, they changed from morning only rush
hour, to
morning and evening, and then to 24/7 And from 5 to six days in the week.
And the signs usually only at the start of that lane, in amongst all the
other signs, etc.

Another reason for bus lanes is simply to throttle traffic, to even out
the congestion along the route.

Similarly, I've seen cycle lanes purely introduced to reduce from 2
lanes to one at a junction.

Do they have dashed lines or solid lines?
One can be crossed by a car, the other can't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/04/2019 13:30, R D S wrote:
On 21/04/2019 13:05, Adrian Caspersz wrote:
There should be a gadget in the car that detects whether there
actually is a bus nearby. If not, then it should be legal to use the
lane and actually reduce congestion....

On some routes bus companies don't operate enough bus routes to
warrant having their bus lanes.

We've some fragments of bus lane in our town. Apparently it was the only
way of getting some 'government' money to resurface.

So where there were 2 lanes of road at a busy interchange there's now
one. Traffic wanting to carry on straight has to pointlessly queue with
right turning traffic while a clear stretch of road winks at you from
the left.

The one I like is at junctions with traffic lights where there is a
dedicated short bus lane. The bus lane doesn't extend beyond the
junction as there is only room for a single lane in both directions. The
bus has priority and its own traffic light goes green before the rest of
the traffic traveling in the same direction is allowed to go. The genius
implementation with this scheme is to put a bus stop 5 metres after the
junction. The bus moves off from the traffic lights first and then
stops to pickup or drop passengers blocking the road for all the
following traffic that had to wait.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On some routes bus companies don't operate enough bus routes to warrant
having their bus lanes.

Best one round here is a 24/7 one. Only one route uses it. Single deckers
every 20 minutes - if you're lucky. And not 24 hour.

--
*Gun Control: Use both hands.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Not so dozy Jim ... wrote:
On some routes bus companies don't operate enough bus routes to
warrant having their bus lanes.

what about bikes etc?

They ride on the pavement as usual?

--
*Happiness is seeing your mother-in-law on a milk carton

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Adrian Caspersz wrote:
On some routes bus companies don't operate enough bus routes to warrant
having their bus lanes.

Best one round here is a 24/7 one. Only one route uses it. Single deckers
every 20 minutes - if you're lucky. And not 24 hour.

9 buses a day (not weekends) go past the cormer near here. 4 in one
direction and 5 in the other - work that one out.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
They seem to be optimised as yet another money making scheme from
motorists, via fines. Which is why so many simply keep out of them at all
times. Unless you actually know the road, the signs saying the times in
use seem to be designed to make reading them as difficult as possible.

On one major route near here, they changed from morning only rush hour, to
morning and evening, and then to 24/7 And from 5 to six days in the week.
And the signs usually only at the start of that lane, in amongst all the
other signs, etc.

Have you been nicked *again*?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim K.. wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
They seem to be optimised as yet another money making scheme from
motorists, via fines. Which is why so many simply keep out of them at all
times. Unless you actually know the road, the signs saying the times in
use seem to be designed to make reading them as difficult as possible.

On one major route near here, they changed from morning only rush hour, to
morning and evening, and then to 24/7 And from 5 to six days in the week.
And the signs usually only at the start of that lane, in amongst all the
other signs, etc.

Have you been nicked *again*?

Lots of experience of driving in London, have you?

--
*The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K.. wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
They seem to be optimised as yet another money making scheme from
motorists, via fines. Which is why so many simply keep out of them at all
times. Unless you actually know the road, the signs saying the times in
use seem to be designed to make reading them as difficult as possible.

On one major route near here, they changed from morning only rush hour, to
morning and evening, and then to 24/7 And from 5 to six days in the week.
And the signs usually only at the start of that lane, in amongst all the
other signs, etc.

Have you been nicked *again*?

Lots of experience of driving in London, have you?

Ooopsy!
Parked in a bus stop again were you?
Or using a bus lane this time? Or something else??

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K.. wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
They seem to be optimised as yet another money making scheme from
motorists, via fines. Which is why so many simply keep out of them
at all times. Unless you actually know the road, the signs saying
the times in use seem to be designed to make reading them as
difficult as possible.

On one major route near here, they changed from morning only rush
hour, to morning and evening, and then to 24/7 And from 5 to six
days in the week. And the signs usually only at the start of that
lane, in amongst all the other signs, etc.

Have you been nicked *again*?

Lots of experience of driving in London, have you?

Ooopsy!
Parked in a bus stop again were you?

I've never parked 'in a bus stop' It would take an idiot like you to do
that.

Or using a bus lane this time? Or something else??

And I'd guess you are one of those idiots who assume bus lanes are all
24/7.

--
*In some places, C:\ is the root of all directories *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K.. wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" Wrote in message:
They seem to be optimised as yet another money making scheme from
motorists, via fines. Which is why so many simply keep out of them
at all times. Unless you actually know the road, the signs saying
the times in use seem to be designed to make reading them as
difficult as possible.

On one major route near here, they changed from morning only rush
hour, to morning and evening, and then to 24/7 And from 5 to six
days in the week. And the signs usually only at the start of that
lane, in amongst all the other signs, etc.

Have you been nicked *again*?

Lots of experience of driving in London, have you?

Ooopsy!
Parked in a bus stop again were you?

I've never parked 'in a bus stop' It would take an idiot like you to do
that.

What bus based travesty were you whinging on about get nicked for
round the back of some London ******** station then? Or is the
Alzheimer's going to kick in again?

Or using a bus lane this time? Or something else??

And I'd guess you are one of those idiots who assume bus lanes are all
24/7.

Unlike you I don't make assumptions, except about dullards like
you... ;-)

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim K.. wrote:
I've never parked 'in a bus stop' It would take an idiot like you to do
that.

What bus based travesty were you whinging on about get nicked for
round the back of some London ******** station then? Or is the
Alzheimer's going to kick in again?

Think you are the one with Alzheimer's if you think I've ever posted about
parking at a bus stop.

But then I doubt you understand what parking is. You could try looking it
up.

--
*Why isn't there mouse-flavoured cat food?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K.. wrote:
I've never parked 'in a bus stop' It would take an idiot like you to do
that.

What bus based travesty were you whinging on about get nicked for
round the back of some London ******** station then? Or is the
Alzheimer's going to kick in again?

Think you are the one with Alzheimer's if you think I've ever posted about
parking at a bus stop.

Oh quelle surprise slimy Duhve prevaricates again...

But then I doubt you understand what parking is. You could try looking it
up.

Highway code would be my recommendation for ****wits like you
Duhve, especially the info about using, loitering & parking in
bus stops & lanes - those being the bits you keep admitting you
need help with...

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K.. wrote:
I've never parked 'in a bus stop' It would take an idiot like you to do
that.

What bus based travesty were you whinging on about get nicked for
round the back of some London ******** station then? Or is the
Alzheimer's going to kick in again?

Think you are the one with Alzheimer's if you think I've ever posted
about parking at a bus stop.

Oh quelle surprise slimy Duhve prevaricates again...

Trying to weasel out of what you posted, eh?

But then I doubt you understand what parking is. You could try looking it
up.

Highway code would be my recommendation for ****wits like you
Duhve, especially the info about using, loitering & parking in
bus stops & lanes - those being the bits you keep admitting you
need help with...

Keep on keeping on. You'll soon persuade yourself how right you are.

--
*Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K.. wrote:
I've never parked 'in a bus stop' It would take an idiot like you to do
that.

What bus based travesty were you whinging on about get nicked for
round the back of some London ******** station then? Or is the
Alzheimer's going to kick in again?

Think you are the one with Alzheimer's if you think I've ever posted
about parking at a bus stop.

Oh quelle surprise slimy Duhve prevaricates again...

Trying to weasel out of what you posted, eh?

Me? this is it that you darent answer...-
"What bus based travesty were you whinging on about *get nicked for
round the back of some London ******** station then? Or is the
Alzheimer's going to kick in again?"

Seems the latter eh Duhve?
But feel free to keep squirming in rod speed embarrassment...

But then I doubt you understand what parking is. You could try looking it
up.

Highway code would be my recommendation for ****wits like you
Duhve, especially the info about using, loitering & parking in
bus stops & lanes - those being the bits you keep admitting you
need help with...

Keep on keeping on. You'll soon persuade yourself how right you are.

Er?
Just how wrong will you be allowed to get though Duhve? ,;-) tick
tock.....

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim K.. wrote:
Think you are the one with Alzheimer's if you think I've ever posted
about parking at a bus stop.

Oh quelle surprise slimy Duhve prevaricates again...

Trying to weasel out of what you posted, eh?

Me? this is it that you darent answer...-
"What bus based travesty were you whinging on about get nicked for
round the back of some London ******** station then? Or is the
Alzheimer's going to kick in again?"

Changed your tune, then? Now it is some 'bus based travesty' rather than
parking. Keep going long enough and you might just get some of the details
right.

Interesting everything to you seems to be a ********. Good to know you
have so much experience of them.

--
*Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K.. wrote:
Think you are the one with Alzheimer's if you think I've ever posted
about parking at a bus stop.

Oh quelle surprise slimy Duhve prevaricates again...

Trying to weasel out of what you posted, eh?

Me? this is it that you darent answer...-
"What bus based travesty were you whinging on about get nicked for
round the back of some London ******** station then? Or is the
Alzheimer's going to kick in again?"

Changed your tune, then?

Er... That was a repeat from an earlier post up this very same
thread Duhve?

You didn't dare answer it then so as you would say "no surprise
you didn't again".
Slightly concerning you don't recognise it and are now blathering
on about "changing my tune", which tune have I changed Duhve ?

You are still the moron that keeps getting nicked for abusing bus
lanes etc. Is that a "changed tune" too? One that I'll have to
"weasel out of" Duhve? :-D

Now it is some 'bus based travesty' rather than
parking. Keep going long enough and you might just get some of the details
right.

Doubtful you would recognise if I did what with your appalling
Alzheimer's Duhve... Can you really not remember when you got
nicked around the back of some train station for parking in some
bus lane/stop/whatever Duhve? FFS I'd be worried!
:-D

Interesting everything to you seems to be a ********. Good to know you
have so much experience of them.

Everything? You're making it up again Duhve ;-)

It's true where you live is the biggest ******** I've ever seen...
coincidence?

--
Jim K