Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Adding a PSU to a turntable

Hi All,

As some of you are aware, I have an old Sony Midi system complete with turntables.

In recent years, the only thing Ive used the main boxy bit for, is to provide 12V to drive the turntable. Id like to feed it from something a bit more compact. But as usual, have zero budget.

Ive taken the bottom of the turntable and discovered
It has a 9 point Something volt motor (it also has an auto
Arm liftty and Putty away mechanism).

I checked the power out from the big box, and its a little over 12V. I had a dig in my PSU box and the nearest Ive got claims to be 13.1 V.

Does the team think thats near enough? Or do I need to get Id down? If so, could I get away with adding a diode (and resistor (value?)?) in series?

If not, could I add a 12V regulator? Or would I need more than 13V to feed the regulator?

TIA

Chris