Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Charging a sick power bank

Hi,

I have a power bank (branded Power Bank).

It used to charge via a surface mount micro USB, but that is now surface unmounted.

Ive opened the unit up (but not got my DMM on it yet.

It consists of a small pcb (about 1cm2) and a cell / battery
(A little bigger than an AA).

Does the team think this could be recharged by connecting a regulated PSU to it? And if so, what voltage
It might require?

TIA

Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 12 April 2019 14:29:09 UTC+1, wrote:
Hi,

I have a power bank (branded Power Bank).

It used to charge via a surface mount micro USB, but that is now surface unmounted.

Ive opened the unit up (but not got my DMM on it yet.

It consists of a small pcb (about 1cm2) and a cell / battery
(A little bigger than an AA).

Does the team think this could be recharged by connecting a regulated PSU to it? And if so, what voltage
It might require?

TIA

Chris

Is it NiMH or Li-ion?

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Hi,

I have a power bank (branded Power Bank).

It used to charge via a surface mount micro USB, but that is now surface unmounted.

Ive opened the unit up (but not got my DMM on it yet.

It consists of a small pcb (about 1cm2) and a cell / battery
(A little bigger than an AA).

Does the team think this could be recharged by connecting a regulated PSU
to it? And if so, what voltage
It might require?

TIA

Chris

Why not try and replace/resolder the USB socket? Big Clive has a lot of
good videos on soldering on his YouTube channel including surface mounted
stuff.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:
What type of batter is it?
Brian

One that uses an egg from a battery chicken.

GH