Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Using DIY prefix

Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site! My tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about drugs only 6 were actually DIY the rest various OT posts. We might have to start prefixing DIY in the subject line to cut out wading through the useless cross.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 02:47:10 -0700 (PDT)
Tricky Dicky wrote:

Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site!
My tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about drugs only 6
were actually DIY the rest various OT posts. We might have to start
prefixing DIY in the subject line to cut out wading through the
useless cross.

Richard

I have started to select a range of headings, then unselect the proper
ones, and delete the rest. At least it clears a load of crap out of the
way.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote:

thought I had come to a pharmacy site

Pay ‚¬10/year for a NIN subscription, they filter out most of the spam.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site! My
tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about drugs only 6 were
actually DIY the rest various OT posts. We might have to start prefixing
DIY in the subject line to cut out wading through the useless cross.

Richard

This highlights the advantages of using a paid for news service! Ive not
seen a single one of these posts on News.Individual.NET.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote

Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site!

Its just another spammer.

My tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about
drugs only 6 were actually DIY the rest various OT posts.

Because that was overnight and the spammer is in a different timezone.

We might have to start prefixing DIY in the subject
line to cut out wading through the useless cross.

The spammer will get killed quickly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Tricky Dicky writes
Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site!
My tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about drugs only 6
were actually DIY the rest various OT posts. We might have to start
prefixing DIY in the subject line to cut out wading through the useless
cross.

Yes. Luckily my news reader has a *kill* function.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 11:07, Tim+ wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote:
Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site! My
tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about drugs only 6 were
actually DIY the rest various OT posts. We might have to start prefixing
DIY in the subject line to cut out wading through the useless cross.

Richard

This highlights the advantages of using a paid for news service! Ive not
seen a single one of these posts on News.Individual.NET.

Tim

Doesn't happen with Plusnet's "free" offering to customers either
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 10:47, Tricky Dicky wrote:

Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site!
My tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about drugs only 6
were actually DIY the rest various OT posts. We might have to start
prefixing DIY in the subject line to cut out wading through the
useless cross.

Looks like my news feed (giganews) must have filtered those before I saw
them since I can see them on gg, but not via my newsfeed.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 11:22, newshound wrote:
On 08/04/2019 11:07, Tim+ wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote:
Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site! My
tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about drugs only 6 were
actually DIY the rest various OT posts. We might have to start prefixing
DIY in the subject line to cut out wading through the useless cross.

Richard

This highlights the advantages of using a paid for news service! Ive not
seen a single one of these posts on News.Individual.NET.

Tim

Doesn't happen with Plusnet's "free" offering to customers either

PN's service is provided by giganews these days...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 4/8/2019 11:07 AM, Andy Burns wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote:

thought I had come to a pharmacy site

Pay ‚¬10/year for a NIN subscription, they filter out most of the spam.

Yes. And I filter the rest using Thunderbird.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 11:07:05 +0100, Andy Burns wrote:

Tricky Dicky wrote:

thought I had come to a pharmacy site

Pay ‚¬10/year for a NIN subscription, they filter out most of the spam.

I subscribe to NIN and I saw a whole load of SPAM postings via diybanter.

In fact, after clearing out yesterday I can see a whole new load from
CobFent cluttering up the group today.

I still haven't found the time/energy etc. to work out how to wild card
killfile entries for the Windows version of Pan and diybanter seems to
include an 8 character hex string in the author string which changes with
each post (unless this is provided by the spammer).

One day I will find the Round Tuit.

Anyway, these posts aren't currently being filtered by NIN.

Cheers

Dave R

--
Dell XPS laptop running W8.1
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David wrote:

Anyway, these posts aren't currently being filtered by NIN.

I haven't seen any of the current round of pharmacy or dope-growing
spam, maybe they cancel it rather than filtering it from source, so it
depends when you grab headers?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 08 Apr 2019 10:07:45 +0000, Tim+ wrote:

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site!
My tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about drugs only 6
were actually DIY the rest various OT posts. We might have to start
prefixing DIY in the subject line to cut out wading through the useless
cross.

Richard

This highlights the advantages of using a paid for news service! Ive
not seen a single one of these posts on News.Individual.NET.

Strange. I'm using NiN and I saw several, although I quickly killfiled
them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 12:35, David wrote:

I still haven't found the time/energy etc. to work out how to wild card
killfile entries for the Windows version of Pan and diybanter seems to
include an 8 character hex string in the author string which changes with
each post (unless this is provided by the spammer).

Just get rid of all diybanter, there is never anything useful there anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:

David wrote:

Anyway, these posts aren't currently being filtered by NIN.

I haven't seen any of the current round

Actually they are there, the reason I didn't see them is that my
diybanter filter killed them for me ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 20:08:18 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

We might have to start prefixing DIY in the subject
line to cut out wading through the useless cross.

The spammer will get killed quickly.

And will get resurrected as quickly, you clinically insane all-knowing
senile asshole!

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site!
My tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about drugs only 6
were actually DIY the rest various OT posts. We might have to start
prefixing DIY in the subject line to cut out wading through the useless
cross.

Richard

This highlights the advantages of using a paid for news service! Ive
not seen a single one of these posts on News.Individual.NET.

Strange. I'm using NiN and I saw several, although I quickly killfiled
them.

Ah, maybe I didnt see them because I have Diybanter.com and example.com
killfiled?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

Just get rid of all diybanter, there is never anything useful there anyway.

Indeed , but that is easier said than done, unless you have a
suitable filter?

I've managed to develop a filter that kills most of the
pharmaceutical dealers, but, as it is pretty much a drugs list,
if I were to post it here I guess some spam filters might get
twitchy.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 10:47, Tricky Dicky wrote:
Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site! My tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about drugs only 6 were actually DIY the rest various OT posts. We might have to start prefixing DIY in the subject line to cut out wading through the useless cross.

news.eternal-september.org
works for me.
That and an ever growing filter-set (posters, subjet and contents) keeps
the pointless drivel to a minimum.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 14:46, Chris J Dixon wrote:
dennis@home wrote:

Just get rid of all diybanter, there is never anything useful there anyway.

Indeed , but that is easier said than done, unless you have a
suitable filter?

On thunderbird just create one that is

sender contains diybanter
delete message.

I've managed to develop a filter that kills most of the
pharmaceutical dealers, but, as it is pretty much a drugs list,
if I were to post it here I guess some spam filters might get
twitchy.

Chris

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 11:07, Andy Burns wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote:

thought I had come to a pharmacy site

Pay ‚¬10/year for a NIN subscription, they filter out most of the spam.

+1 - well worth it. I also have a filter in thunderbird to remove known
trolls, obscenities, politics ... it makes reading the group a painless
and pleasurable experience.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound Wrote in message:
On 08/04/2019 11:07, Tim+ wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote:
Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site! My
tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about drugs only 6 were
actually DIY the rest various OT posts. We might have to start prefixing
DIY in the subject line to cut out wading through the useless cross.

Richard

This highlights the advantages of using a paid for news service! I?ve not
seen a single one of these posts on News.Individual.NET.

Tim

Doesn't happen with Plusnet's "free" offering to customers either

I can see them all?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Tricky Dicky wrote:

thought I had come to a pharmacy site

Pay ‚¬10/year for a NIN subscription, they filter out most of the spam.

Not that particular one tho, yet. Not clear why it takes a while at times.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 08/04/2019 12:35, David wrote:

I still haven't found the time/energy etc. to work out how to wild card
killfile entries for the Windows version of Pan and diybanter seems to
include an 8 character hex string in the author string which changes with
each post (unless this is provided by the spammer).

Just get rid of all diybanter, there is never anything useful there
anyway.

Thats a lie. You do see some saying that something worked for them.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Andy Burns wrote:

David wrote:

Anyway, these posts aren't currently being filtered by NIN.

I haven't seen any of the current round

Actually they are there, the reason I didn't see them is that my diybanter
filter killed them for me ...

They appear to have stopped now. Not clear why it takes days to happen with
some.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 02:42 am in Australia ...and the Psychopath from Oz is already up and Trolling, AGAIN! LMAO!

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 02:42:17 +1000, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

FLUSH troll****

02:42 am, AGAIN? And your first post seems to have been posted at 01:30!!!

Do you have no shame AT ALL, you psychopathic senile old fart? But why am I
even asking, NO psychopath ever knows ANY shame!

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 03:17 am in Australia ...and the Psychopath from Oz has been out of Bed and Trolling for TWO HOURS already! LMAO

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 03:17:18 +1000, Jac Brown, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

They appear to have stopped now. Not clear why it takes days to happen with
some.

Sadly, your pathological and idiot trolling hasn't stopped yet, you trolling
psychopath!

You've been up and trolling today for about TWO HOURS since 01:30 am in
Australia again, you abnormal sleepless senile pest!

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 03:15 am in Australia ...and the Resident Psychopath has been out of Bed and Trolling for about TWO HOURS already! LMAO

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 03:15:39 +1000, , better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

FLUSH the abnormal senile cretin's latest troll****

You really know NO shame AT ALL, eh, senile cretin? But then, which
psychopath has EVER known ANY shame? BG

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed:
"That confirms my opinion that you are a despicable little ****."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 18:15, Rod Speed wrote:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 08/04/2019 12:35, David wrote:

I still haven't found the time/energy etc. to work out how to wild card
killfile entries for the Windows version of Pan and diybanter seems to
include an 8 character hex string in the author string which changes
with
each post (unless this is provided by the spammer).

Just get rid of all diybanter, there is never anything useful there
anyway.

Thats a lie. You do see some saying that something worked for them.

Ha! Ha! . still calling everybody a liar?

BTW where are we headed with brexit Rod? You always had such a clear
idea. Are we still leaving without a deal in March, or have you revised
your prophesy?
TW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"TimW" wrote in message
On 08/04/2019 18:15, Rod Speed wrote:

"dennis@home" wrote in message
On 08/04/2019 12:35, David wrote:

I still haven't found the time/energy etc. to work out how to wild card
killfile entries for the Windows version of Pan and diybanter seems to
include an 8 character hex string in the author string which changes
with
each post (unless this is provided by the spammer).

Just get rid of all diybanter, there is never anything useful there
anyway.

Thats a lie. You do see some saying that something worked for them.

Ha! Ha! . still calling everybody a liar?

Thats a lie. I only call the liars a liar. I dont bother
telling those that arent liars that they arent liars.

BTW where are we headed with brexit Rod?

Time will tell. Anything is possible with you hopeless clowns.

You always had such a clear idea.

Thats a lie.

Are we still leaving without a deal in March,

Time will tell what the EU will do about
May's stupid grovel for more time.

or have you revised your prophesy?

I never prophesised that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Not seen that problem here, Eternal September seems to filter the spam most
of the time. You will always find those on here willing to discuss or push
their views on politics racism and no doubt most other things as well, but
you can easily block the really annoying ones or save them till you aware
feeling down and need a good belly laugh.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
Just came back to the site and thought I had come to a pharmacy site! My
tablet displays 30 headings at a time, 15 were about drugs only 6 were
actually DIY the rest various OT posts. We might have to start prefixing DIY
in the subject line to cut out wading through the useless cross.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 11:19:01 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

FLUSH the abnormal 85-year-old trolling senile asshole's latest troll****

....and nothing's left again.

little ignorant ****."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2019 08:55, Brian Gaff wrote:
Not seen that problem here, Eternal September seems to filter the spam most
of the time. You will always find those on here willing to discuss or push
their views on politics racism and no doubt most other things as well, but
you can easily block the really annoying ones or save them till you aware
feeling down and need a good belly laugh.
Brian

Odd. I use Eternal September and keep finding the group flooded with
adverts for what are normally prescription only meds.

SteveW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 9 Apr 2019 11:20:15 +0100, Steve Walker wrote:

On 09/04/2019 08:55, Brian Gaff wrote:
Not seen that problem here, Eternal September seems to filter the spam most
of the time. You will always find those on here willing to discuss or push
their views on politics racism and no doubt most other things as well, but
you can easily block the really annoying ones or save them till you aware
feeling down and need a good belly laugh.
Brian

Odd. I use Eternal September and keep finding the group flooded with
adverts for what are normally prescription only meds.

SteveW

Same for me - we are not among the favoured many.
--
Peter.
The gods will stay away

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2019 02:19, Rod Speed wrote:

"TimW" wrote in message
On 08/04/2019 18:15, Rod Speed wrote:

Thats a lie. ...

Ha! Ha! . still calling everybody a liar?

Thats a lie. I only call the liars a liar. I dont bother
telling those that arent liars that they arent liars.

BTW where are we headed with brexit Rod?

Time will tell. Anything is possible with you hopeless clowns.

You always had such a clear idea.

Thats a lie.

Are we still leaving without a deal in March,

Time will tell what the EU will do about
May's stupid grovel for more time.

or have you revised your prophesy?

I never prophesised that.

That's a lie!
TW

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2019 11:20, Steve Walker wrote:
Odd. I use Eternal September and keep finding the group flooded with
adverts for what are normally prescription only meds.

I got a bunch the other day, so fed Thunderbird a new rule. It seems OK
so far.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 10 Apr 2019 05:29:59 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

or have you revised your prophesy?

I never prophesised that.

That's a lie!

You're a liar.

He doesn't come across as one. But YOU come across as an endlessly
bull****ting psychopathic idiot!

--
Bill Wright addressing senile Ozzie cretin Rot Speed:
"Well you make up a lot of stuff and it's total ******** most of it."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/2019 21:10, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 09/04/2019 11:20, Steve Walker wrote:
Odd. I use Eternal September and keep finding the group flooded with
adverts for what are normally prescription only meds.

I got a bunch the other day, so fed Thunderbird a new rule. It seems OK
so far.

Andy

Oh, yes, I immediately added a rule to delete them, but how long before
the next batch arrive that circumvent the rules that I've already got?

SteveW