Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Unique hwt situation

Hot water heater warm/cold intermittent.
Changed upper and lower elements. No change. Changed upper and lower
thermostats. No change. Changed circuit breakers. No change. Changed water
heaters. No change. Flush toilet. Get about 1/2 gal. scorching water, then
cold, then warm, then cold. Remain luke warm.
Had plumber in and electrician. No change.
Can someone please solve?
Two new vessels. Same problem....no hot water.
Thanks!! Jim Runyan

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...n-1355182-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2019 18:14, James Runyan wrote:
Hot water heater warm/cold intermittent.
Changed upper and lower elements. No change. Changed upper and lower
thermostats. No change. Changed circuit breakers. No change. Changed water
heaters. No change. Flush toilet. Get about 1/2 gal. scorching water, then
cold, then warm, then cold. Remain luke warm. Had plumber in and
electrician. No change.
Can someone please solve?
Two new vessels. Same problem....no hot water.
Thanks!! Jim Runyan

What exactly is it that has an upper and lower cylinder and an upper and
lower thermostat?

--
€œIt is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.€

Thomas Sowell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Apr 2019 17:14:01 +0000, James Runyan wrote:

Hot water heater warm/cold intermittent.
Changed upper and lower elements. No change. Changed upper and lower
thermostats. No change. Changed circuit breakers. No change. Changed
water heaters. No change. Flush toilet. Get about 1/2 gal. scorching
water, then cold, then warm, then cold. Remain luke warm.
Had plumber in and electrician. No change.
Can someone please solve?
Two new vessels. Same problem....no hot water.
Thanks!! Jim Runyan

Fortic tank?
A hole in either the feed pipe from the header, or the plate that
separates the header and hot water tank.

Mixer valves in the system? Faulty mixer valve.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Apr 2019 18:30:33 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

On 07/04/2019 18:14, James Runyan wrote:
Hot water heater warm/cold intermittent.
Changed upper and lower elements. No change. Changed upper and lower
thermostats. No change. Changed circuit breakers. No change. Changed
water heaters. No change. Flush toilet. Get about 1/2 gal. scorching
water, then cold, then warm, then cold. Remain luke warm. Had plumber
in and electrician. No change.
Can someone please solve?
Two new vessels. Same problem....no hot water.
Thanks!! Jim Runyan

What exactly is it that has an upper and lower cylinder and an upper and
lower thermostat?

Common enough. Switch the upper one on for a small amount of hot water.
Put the other one on to heat a tankful for the bath.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2019 18:14, James Runyan wrote:

Hot water heater warm/cold intermittent.

What kind of system is this?

Changed upper and lower elements. No change.

upper and lower elements of what?

Changed upper and lower
thermostats. No change. Changed circuit breakers. No change. Changed water
heaters. No change.

How do the water heaters differ from the elements changed above?

Flush toilet. Get about 1/2 gal. scorching water, then
cold, then warm, then cold. Remain luke warm. Had plumber in and
electrician. No change.
Can someone please solve?
Two new vessels. Same problem....no hot water.
Thanks!! Jim Runyan

We need a bit of background to help. What kind of water heating system.
How is it heated (i.e. immersion heaters, gas, solid fuel etc). Some
photos might help.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 07/04/2019 18:14, James Runyan wrote:

Hot water heater warm/cold intermittent.

What kind of system is this?

Changed upper and lower elements. No change.

upper and lower elements of what?

Changed upper and lower
thermostats. No change. Changed circuit breakers. No change. Changed water
heaters. No change.

How do the water heaters differ from the elements changed above?

Flush toilet. Get about 1/2 gal. scorching water, then
cold, then warm, then cold. Remain luke warm. Had plumber in and
electrician. No change.
Can someone please solve?
Two new vessels. Same problem....no hot water.
Thanks!! Jim Runyan

We need a bit of background to help. What kind of water heating system.
How is it heated (i.e. immersion heaters, gas, solid fuel etc). Some
photos might help.

I love your patience John, but its a HOH post and your wisdom will almost
certainly fall on deaf ears.

I am curious why HOH posts are always so brief as to be almost
unintelligible. Are there rules that forbid giving useful info?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2019 22:27, Tim+ wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
[...]

Yup, quite likely...

I am curious why HOH posts are always so brief as to be almost
unintelligible. Are there rules that forbid giving useful info?

Don't know, kind of bizarre isn't it?

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why are you so terse and failing to give proper details? Come to that why are you using homeownershub when you could get direct contact with sensible people via uk.d-i-y?
Has the system ever worked correctly?
Are you using an unvented cylinder that has been incorrectly piped up?
Is your stop tap fully open?
If you have a vented hot water cylinder is there a venturi shower feed in the house?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 02:19, John Rumm wrote:
On 07/04/2019 22:27, Tim+ wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

Thanks!! Jim Runyan

We need a bit of background to help. What kind of water heating system.
How is it heated (i.e. immersion heaters, gas, solid fuel etc). Some
photos might help.

I love your patience John, but its a HOH post and your wisdom will
almost
certainly fall on deaf ears.

Yup, quite likely...

I am curious why HOH posts are always so brief as to be almost
unintelligible.Â* Are there rules that forbid giving useful info?

Don't know, kind of bizarre isn't it?

Also weird that they changed all those things without doing any
elementary tests first. OK, there's a certain skill to using a neon
screwdriver safely but surely *any* idiot can use a volt stick.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 08/04/2019 08:33, Brian Gaff wrote:
You have hot water in your toilet? How quaint.

Maybe it is one of those fancy Japanese ones.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"newshound" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 08/04/2019 08:33, Brian Gaff wrote:
You have hot water in your toilet? How quaint.

Maybe it is one of those fancy Japanese ones.

The OP appears to be saying that flushing the dunny
did see some hot water available from normal hot
water taps, not that the dunny flushed with hot water.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychopathic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Mon, 8 Apr 2019 20:03:32 +1000, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

Maybe it is one of those fancy Japanese ones.

The OP appears to be saying that flushing the dunny

Let's just flush all your daily **** down there that you keep spreading here
in heaps, senile pest!

--
Bill Wright to Rot Speed: