Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Shower Screen

When I get around to it I fancy a walk in shower with a screen that has a
sort of flipper narrow hinged door at one end (a sort of spray deflector) -
in other words - not a cubicle.

However, they seem to need a stay from the top across to the wall. That
bothers me as if my wife as to stumble it would probablty pull out of the
plasterboard wall and cause the tiles to be wrecked.

A ceiling support would be better but I have only seen ones that would go
vertically up to the ceiling which seems to be a bit weak. I would prefer
something like 2 struts at 45 degrees going in to 2 locations on the
ceiling to give maximum support.

Is any such thing available?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote:

A ceiling support would be better but I have only seen ones that would go
vertically up to the ceiling which seems to be a bit weak. I would prefer
something like 2 struts at 45 degrees going in to 2 locations on the
ceiling to give maximum support.

https://kerolhardware.co.uk/multi-angle-wall-to-glass-support-bar.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote in news:ge4hsiFoc57U1
@mid.individual.net:

https://kerolhardware.co.uk/multi-an...pport-bar.html

Two of those look promising.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 04 Mar 2019 10:41:13 GMT
DerbyBorn wrote:

When I get around to it I fancy a walk in shower with a screen that
has a sort of flipper narrow hinged door at one end (a sort of spray
deflector) - in other words - not a cubicle.

However, they seem to need a stay from the top across to the wall.
That bothers me as if my wife as to stumble it would probablty pull
out of the plasterboard wall and cause the tiles to be wrecked.

A ceiling support would be better but I have only seen ones that
would go vertically up to the ceiling which seems to be a bit weak. I
would prefer something like 2 struts at 45 degrees going in to 2
locations on the ceiling to give maximum support.

Or a "T" piece with two ceiling fixings - make one up that anchors
into two joists (or one joist/two places if they run the other way,
with offset as required). Weld/screw on an adjustable (i.e. hinged)
glass clamp.

Is any such thing available?

From a local welder fabricator, in stainless or aluminium. :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
DerbyBorn wrote:

A ceiling support would be better but I have only seen ones that would go
vertically up to the ceiling which seems to be a bit weak. I would prefer
something like 2 struts at 45 degrees going in to 2 locations on the
ceiling to give maximum support.

https://kerolhardware.co.uk/multi-angle-wall-to-glass-support-bar.html

Access to www.kerolhardware.co.uk was denied
You don't have authorization to view this page.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More Heavy Trolling by Senile Nym-Shifting Rot Speed!

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 05:31:40 +1100, 2987fr, better known as cantankerous
trolling senile geezer Rot Speed, wrote:

https://kerolhardware.co.uk/multi-angle-wall-to-glass-support-bar.html

Access to www.kerolhardware.co.uk was denied
You don't have authorization to view this page.

Which won't stop you from infesting also this little thread with your
presence, you obnoxious, 85-year-old, psychopathic senile idiot!

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
DerbyBorn wrote:

A ceiling support would be better but I have only seen ones that would go
vertically up to the ceiling which seems to be a bit weak. I would prefer
something like 2 struts at 45 degrees going in to 2 locations on the
ceiling to give maximum support.

https://kerolhardware.co.uk/multi-angle-wall-to-glass-support-bar.html

Fark, stupid *******s only allow those in the uk to see their site.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 09:47:44 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

https://kerolhardware.co.uk/multi-angle-wall-to-glass-support-bar.html

Fark, stupid *******s only allow those in the uk to see their site.

Awww, you poor disappointed trolling senile Ozzie asshole! LOL

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/03/2019 22:47, Rod Speed wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
DerbyBorn wrote:

A ceiling support would be better but I have only seen ones that
would go
vertically up to the ceiling which seems to be a bit weak. I would
prefer
something like 2 struts at 45 degrees going in to 2 locations on the
ceiling to give maximum support.

https://kerolhardware.co.uk/multi-angle-wall-to-glass-support-bar.html

Fark, stupid *******s only allow those in the uk to see their site.

Why should they allow people who can't be customers waste their bandwidth?

--
Max Demian
Posted to uk.d-i-y

o.uk...

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
DerbyBorn wrote:

A ceiling support would be better but I have only seen ones that would
go
vertically up to the ceiling which seems to be a bit weak. I would
prefer
something like 2 struts at 45 degrees going in to 2 locations on the
ceiling to give maximum support.

https://kerolhardware.co.uk/multi-angle-wall-to-glass-support-bar.html

Fark, stupid *******s only allow those in the uk to see their site.

Why should they allow people who can't be customers waste their bandwidth?

Because some of their customers may well be temporarily
out of the country on holiday etc when they need to get
someone to fix something in their house, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 12:29:43 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Fark, stupid *******s only allow those in the uk to see their site.

Why should they allow people who can't be customers waste their bandwidth?

Because some of their customers may well be temporarily
out of the country on holiday etc when they need to get
someone to fix something in their house, stupid.

Awww, our senile Ozzie psychopath gets a hissy fit because a link doesn't
work for him! ****ing HILARIOUS! LOL

--
Norman Wells addressing senile Rot:
"Ah, the voice of scum speaks."
MID:
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 09:47:44 +1100, Rod Speed wrote:

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
DerbyBorn wrote:

A ceiling support would be better but I have only seen ones that would go
vertically up to the ceiling which seems to be a bit weak. I would prefer
something like 2 struts at 45 degrees going in to 2 locations on the
ceiling to give maximum support.

https://kerolhardware.co.uk/multi-angle-wall-to-glass-support-bar.html

Fark, stupid *******s only allow those in the uk to see their site.

No VPN's in your part of the world?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 15:19:10 -0000, Steve wrote:

Fark, stupid *******s only allow those in the uk to see their site.

No VPN's in your part of the world?

Mr Know-it-all doesn't know how to use one ...not even a simple anonymizing
site, it seems. BG

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Steve wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Andy Burns wrote
DerbyBorn wrote

A ceiling support would be better but I have only seen ones that
would go vertically up to the ceiling which seems to be a bit weak.
I would prefer something like 2 struts at 45 degrees going in to 2
locations on the ceiling to give maximum support.

https://kerolhardware.co.uk/multi-angle-wall-to-glass-support-bar.html

Fark, stupid *******s only allow those in the uk to see their site.

No VPN's in your part of the world?

Corse there are, that's how I worked out that it wasn't
a ****ed site, just a stupid configuration of it.

I actually have it so I don't see the stupid ads on the BBC RSS news feed
which happens to be the second best news feed I use multiple times a day.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 08:54:34 +1100, cantankerous trolling senile geezer Rot
Speed blabbered, again:

Fark, stupid *******s only allow those in the uk to see their site.

No VPN's in your part of the world?

Corse there are, that's how I worked out that it wasn't
a ****ed site, just a stupid configuration of it.

But you STILL couldn't watch it, you driveling senile asshole! LOL

I actually have it so I don't see the stupid ads on the BBC RSS news feed
which happens to be the second best news feed I use multiple times a day.

Nobody was talking about the BBC, senile idiot! tsk

--
Bod addressing abnormal senile quarreller Rot:
"Do you practice arguing with yourself in an empty room?"