Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Projection Screen no longer displays image after showing blue screen

Hey guys,
Ive got a 50" mitsubishi VS-50603(I believe thats the model #.. aint at
home now) projection screen tv which recently would sometimes boot up
display a mostly blue screen.(other colors were showing just it was 90%
blue dominant) Once the tv was powered off for a second or two and
turned back on the blue screen would go away. Then just the other day
the tv stop displaying an image at all upon turn-on. I opened up the
back and found no blown fuses(checked all 3 of them) and noticed that
the crt heaters are not lighting up as well. When I press the power
button the tv makes the "click" sound as if its about to turn on but
stops there. When I power it off I hear a high pitched "draining" sound
which seems to be coming around the flyback though I cant say for
certain. Anyone know what could have gone wrong and where I should
start to troubleshoot? Thanks!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Raventy wrote:

[...]

from what you discribe it sounds like you have an intermitant shorted
blue crt, and each time it short it puts a strain on the hv circuit, and
finally has blown the hot transitor if it is an old set you should
replace all three tubes that gets expensive might want to look at new tvs
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

David Naylor wrote:
Raventy wrote:

[...]

Whoa, slow down a bit, start with the simple stuff first, cracked solder
joints and such, they cause many intermittant problems.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The first thing to look for in a VS50603 is a coolant leak. By far the most
common problme in this model.

Leonard

Raventy wrote:

[...]

It has removed 12647 spam emails to date.
Try SPAMfighter for free now!