Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Raventy Raventy is offline

Default Projection Screen no longer displays image after showing blue screen

Hey guys,
Ive got a 50" mitsubishi VS-50603(I believe thats the model #.. aint at
home now) projection screen tv which recently would sometimes boot up
display a mostly blue screen.(other colors were showing just it was 90%
blue dominant) Once the tv was powered off for a second or two and
turned back on the blue screen would go away. Then just the other day
the tv stop displaying an image at all upon turn-on. I opened up the
back and found no blown fuses(checked all 3 of them) and noticed that
the crt heaters are not lighting up as well. When I press the power
button the tv makes the "click" sound as if its about to turn on but
stops there. When I power it off I hear a high pitched "draining" sound
which seems to be coming around the flyback though I cant say for
certain. Anyone know what could have gone wrong and where I should
start to troubleshoot? Thanks!