Ralph Wade Phillips

Default Disable blue screen on VCR

Howdy!

wrote in message
I have has it with these VCR's that turn the screen blue when the
signal gets weak. I live in a rural area and am used to weak
reception, since the nearest station is 60 miles away. Having a signal
get fuzzy and losing a few words of the sound is not that big of a
deal, but when I am watching something, or worse yet, taped something
and that god damn blue screen keeps popping on and off is more than I
can take. The first VCR that did that I threw in the trash. I
thought it was just a bad VCR. So I buy another one and it did the
same god damn thing. That one got me so angry I threw the ****ing
thing thru the livingroom window, which cost me almost $100 to repair
the window. I just bought an old one at an rummage sale, hoping it
would not have that ****ing blue screen. Wrong, I just tossed that
one out the door, only 5 minutes after hooking it up for the first
time and it's in 10 or more pieces on the lawn. The asshole that put
that into the VCRs should be hung in times square by his ****ing cock.
At least they could have put a disable switch somewhere on the thing.

Is there a way to disable it?

MY Hitachi VCRs have that as a setting in setup.

But why do you let the VCRs control you that way?

RwP

Laurence Payne

[...]

I've never worked with a vcr which didn't have this as an option in
setup menu.

If you really allow a machine to get to you this much, are you sure
you should be allowed near mains electricity? And other people? :-)
Rick

wrote in message ...
On 26 Aug 2003 03:12:19 GMT, (LASERandDVDfan)
wrote:

Some VCRs have a blue-screen defeat, like some older Sharp VCRs, while others
don't, like some Panasonic VCRs. If you want a VCR that doesn't have the
blue-screen, then look for a machine that was made before 1990. Avoid
Mitsubishi, Panasonic, Magnavox, Sylvania, Quasar, JCPenney, and Teknika decks
made after 1987.

I actually feel sorry for those VCRs you needlessly destroyed. A very violent
and wasteful attitude, that it is.

At the very least, you could have sold them in a garage sale and made some
money off of them. - Reinhart

Now that I have cooled down.......

Thanks for the advice from everyone. All the brands you mentioned are
the ones I have had. 2 Panasonics and 1 Magnavox.
I will look for an older one, or another model mentioned that has a
disable switch or programming.

As far as why these vcr's get to me.
I work 12 or more hours a day farming, and get little to show for it.
Then I come in the house and got to listen to the lard queen bitching
about the frikkin blue screen on the tv and everything else she can
find to complain about. All she does all day is sit on her fat ass
and eat and get fatter. The tv tuner does not work, so the vcr is the
tuner. So, I get home totally exhausted, then listen to her bitching
for several hours, and finally have a few minutes to myself. I sit
down to relax and watch the news, and that damn screen keeps flipping
from the program to blue every few seconds. There goes my relaxing,
and my temper. Especially lately since the temperature has been near
100 every day.

Yes, I could buy a new tv, and even get a satelite dish, but I watch
tv maybe 3 hours a week, tops.... The lard queen has it on from the
time she gets up till I get rid of her at night. I already told her
to get off her lazy ass and get a job, and buy a frikkin tv, but all
she does is sit and eat and eat and eat, while I watch my money turn
into lard.

I figure there are two things I need most in life. A vcr that dont
turn the screen blue and a divorce. I don't ask for much from life, I
just want to watch the news after a hard days work without the screen
turning blue and without the background bitching.

Thanks again

Gordy

Not to bask in another man's pain, but that's downright hysterical.
The poor vcrs didn't stand a chance.

Rick

Kevin Carney

Yes it is a funny rant. If I am in a bad mood, the worst thing for my
attitude is to watch the news !!!!

--
change .combo to .com for correct email

"We ought always to know precisely why a given job
is done in a particular way, and why it is done at
all, and why it can't be done more efficiently,
if it must be done at all."-- T.J.Watson

wrote:

[...]

That is one of the most amusing rants I've had the pleasure to read. I

hope
you don't mind but I just had to forward it to my friends :-)

Dave

blue is better deborah barrie UK diy 8 March 19th 04 10:45 PM
Shower Screen Sizes and Seals ??? Stuart UK diy 1 October 8th 03 09:38 PM
50 Inch PJTV Screen Wanted techforce Electronics Repair 1 July 30th 03 04:11 AM
Used RPTV Screen Replacments? Steve Reinis Electronics Repair 1 July 21st 03 02:20 AM
blue steel for carving tools? Bob Swinney Metalworking 7 July 17th 03 02:39 AM