Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch water pump in Combi boiler.

I have a Combi System Worcester Heatslave oil boiler which contains a
Bosch water pump. When I remove the large screw on the front of the
pump water comes gushing out. Is this indicative of a problem with the
pump?

When I have removed the similar screws on Grundfoss pumps water has not
come rushing out and I have been able to use a small screw driver to
make sure that the rotor can rotate.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 15 February 2019 08:35:48 UTC, Michael Chare wrote:

I have a Combi System Worcester Heatslave oil boiler which contains a
Bosch water pump. When I remove the large screw on the front of the
pump water comes gushing out. Is this indicative of a problem with the
pump?

it's normal with CH pups.

When I have removed the similar screws on Grundfoss pumps water has not
come rushing out and I have been able to use a small screw driver to
make sure that the rotor can rotate.

Usually it does come out.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/2019 09:37, Michael Chare wrote:
If I remove the screw the shaft does not rotate by itself when power is
applied. I can turn it quite easily with a screwdriver.

Either power is not being applied or its ****ed.

--
Any fool can believe in principles - and most of them do!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/2019 09:37, Michael Chare wrote:
If I remove the screw the shaft does not rotate by itself when power
is applied. I can turn it quite easily with a screwdriver.

Either power is not being applied or its ****ed.

It turns out that I can just buy a new head which may be easier to fit
for £100.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/2019 09:47, Michael Chare wrote:
On 15/02/2019 09:37, Michael Chare wrote:
If I remove the screw the shaft does not rotate by itself when power
is applied. I can turn it quite easily with a screwdriver.

Either power is not being applied or its ****ed.

It turns out that I can just buy a new head which may be easier to fit
for £100.

Check that is is not a failed capacitor in the plastic box on the side
also that the speed switch is not dodgy or between settings.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 15 February 2019 09:39:08 UTC, The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 15/02/2019 09:37, Michael Chare wrote:

If I remove the screw the shaft does not rotate by itself when power is
applied. I can turn it quite easily with a screwdriver.

Either power is not being applied or its ****ed.

It doesn't necessarily mean that. Removal of the screw can cause stoppage, and return of the screw can make it run fine again.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/2019 10:18, Bob Minchin wrote:
On 15/02/2019 09:47, Michael Chare wrote:
On 15/02/2019 09:37, Michael Chare wrote:
If I remove the screw the shaft does not rotate by itself when power
is applied. I can turn it quite easily with a screwdriver.

Either power is not being applied or its ****ed.

It turns out that I can just buy a new head which may be easier to fit
for £100.

Check that is is not a failed capacitor in the plastic box on the side
also that the speed switch is not dodgy or between settings.

When I used a small screwdriver to turn the pump it did make a slight
scrapping sound so I went and bought a new pump head, which turned to be
made in Serbia by Grundfos a Dansih company. The new pump head did have
a label with Bosch written on it. Fitting the new head was quite easy,
much easier than trying to undo those big nuts on the isolator valves
for Grundfos pumps. I am pleased to say that my radiators are now warm.

--
Michael Chare
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 15 February 2019 13:26:08 UTC, Michael Chare wrote:
[...]

Next time just turn it several turns, you may find the scraping ceases & it runs well again.

NT